Broome W.A.

LC1950

Thank you davwen 81.  Hopefully they will still provide a shuttle ... otherwise I'll have to practice whistling Col. Bogie's March a la "Bridge on the River Kwai" movie!  😆  Do you know the name of this "long jetty"?  Does it actually have a name?  LOL  I'm reliant on Google maps to find my way around.  Never been to Broome before.

It's Broome Port Jetty on Google Maps. 

I'm fairly certain there will be shuttles to the main part of the town however you might have to catch the local bus to go to Cable Beach.

Thank you OzKiwiJJ!  Found it on Google Maps ... yep, it goes on forever out to sea.  Holey Moley!

LOL thanks for all your help davwen81 and OzKiwiJJ.  😀 

We are scheduled  to be in Broome in December  on an Oceania cruise. There is a shuttle that takes people from ship to Visitor's  Center and back. I have booked a tour with a company called Broome and Beyond (Candy and Rod owners). Our ship arrival didn't match up with their Broome Tour but they created one for our ship times. They have a port pass so they can pick up inside the port gates.

57 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

Thank you Mrs f.  Very helpful. 

Let's hope W.A. allows cruise ships in.  We're due to visit Broome on the Coral Princess 24 October this year.

Please post if it happens. Hope it does. We are right behind you 

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 6:42 AM, Mrs f. said:

We are scheduled  to be in Broome in December  on an Oceania cruise. There is a shuttle that takes people from ship to Visitor's  Center and back. I have booked a tour with a company called Broome and Beyond (Candy and Rod owners). Our ship arrival didn't match up with their Broome Tour but they created one for our ship times. They have a port pass so they can pick up inside the port gates.

Do you have a website for Broome and Beyond? I googled them and couldn't find them.

Or does anyone have recommendations for  Broome tours? I'm doing Oceania in 2023 and looking for tour options. 

Broome and Around

broomeandaround.com.au

Candy and Rod are the owners.

our ship will be there in December .  Go to their website. There are the different tours. Also a "contact me" part. Very accommodating people.  I liked the 2.5 hr panoramic morning tour but we don't get in until noon. Emailed them and Candy offered the same group tour starting after we dock. They have a permit and can get inside the pier gates to pick us up. I posted on our CC rollcall. Have 12 people signed up.

We are doing Sydney to Sydney. Any other ports you need?