NCL Cruise to NE/Canada Excursion help

Dreams0014

Hi All!  

My family (my wife, my 2 year old toddler, and my parents) are going on a 7 day NE/Canada cruise this fall.  We have stops here:

Bar Harbor

Portland

Halifax

Sydney

Charlottetown

We are all veterans of cruising, but have never been in this area before.  Traditionally, we have just booked excursions through the cruise line.  We are looking to do something a little different this time, and plan things on our own, since we will only be in the US/Canada, and not a completely unfamiliar country.  We are all active people, and like to get out and do things (so not as much interested in the "bus tour" or "trolly tour" type activities.  We will have our 2 year old with us, but we will have a carrier and stroller for her.  We love hiking, and we know for sure we want do see the best of Arcadia National Park.  We also all love food and seafood, so we'd like a good sampling of the local lobster and shellfish.  

Any advice for where to gather info on ideas on what to do at each stop?  What have all of you done if you have been on a similar cruise?  As a final note, we do all have $50 shore excursion credit from the cruise, so we may end up booking 1 trip through the cruise line just to take advantage of that.

Thanks!

Trip Adviser forums for each city are great places to get information about any city in the world

I sometimes start by reading about the excursions that

the cruise line offers

Edited by riffatsea
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Wuffo said:

Has anyone done this tour Best of Halifax Tour with Peggy's Cove. I just booked it but I can cancel up 24hr and don't pay till 48hrs before. Found it on trip Advisor.

Was there any reviews there on the company you booked with?

There are several companies that do these tours