Online check in problems Vacation adds on please help or we will have to cancel

ace2542

This is the message we get when attempting to complete number 5 for the second traveller. We are only logging into 1 ncl account to the do the check in for 2 people. i have put in speech marks what the message is

"xxxx must login to set their own Booksafe Travel Protection and any other add-ons options. Or you may include this guest in your account by selecting the appropriate guest(s) in your Online Check-in tab".

Unsure how to do to select the other guest so I guess we have no choice but to cancel and lose £4000 unless anyone has any ideas. Second guest has his own TRAVEL INSURANCE and we are NOT PURCHASING MORE THROUGH NCL at a cost of thousands.

Edited by ace2542

18 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Please just call NCL. They will sort it out.

What if they are not able to do so?.  I am literally crying here. We CANNOT access my fathers latitude number he has lost access to the email with which we created it and we cannot get it back.

We are also NOT buying more travel insurance for hundreds or thousands of dollars or pounds when we already have insurance.

Just now, The Shrike said:

The best way to find out if NCL can help is to call them.  Seems to me that it would be better to take that action rather than sit there crying and getting stressed out.

They won't be able to help. How will they be able to do it if I am unable do what the computer asks?

Do you think they can wipe the check in process and start again?

5 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

They won't be able to help. How will they be able to do it if I am unable do what the computer asks?

I hope by now you have chosen to call NCL. There is no reason not to. If your father lost access to his account, they can help get it back. This is easy to fix but you have to call them. You do not have to cancel because you can't finish check in. 

9 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I had an issue today where my husband's b-day was wrong on his reservation. I was so stressed but on call and it was all fixed. Instead if being stressed just call. They will figure it out. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Uff da said:

I hope by now you have chosen to call NCL. There is no reason not to. If your father lost access to his account, they can help get it back. This is easy to fix but you have to call them. You do not have to cancel because you can't finish check in. 

We can't get his latitudes account back his email address can no longer be accessed ever under any circumstances. I have nearly lost my account 5 times tonight.

Yes we do have to cancel we will NOT be able to complete the check in under any circumstances. I lack the computer skills to upload the pictures and that is even if I don't end up losing my own account. I have changed password 4 times already. And my father will not purchase NCL's add on insurance for £1000 when he already insurance at the cost of £1000 and that is apparently what section 5 of the check in process wants yet no reference has been made to my insurance?

Edited by ace2542

6 minutes ago, 3Pelicans said:

I had an issue today where my husband's b-day was wrong on his reservation. I was so stressed but on call and it was all fixed. Instead if being stressed just call. They will figure it out. 

I hope so it like 6k american dollars gone if they can't. We will not get a penny of the back. The travel agent won't refund under any circumstances despite being abta/atol bonded. They will just say you no showed.

2 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Good Lord, we’re trying to help you. Pick up the phone and CALL THEM.

I know you are and thank you all I deeply appreicate it. Just because I can type doesn't mean anything. I probably lack the computer skills to complete the check in procedures if we are being honest. I will not be able to upload the photograph that they require (probably a passport photo?). It is beyond my abilities. And without the check in being completed the tickets will not be issued and we will be marked as no show and that will be the end of that. I will take a day off work friday to sort this out. Hopefully we can get somewhere but if photos are required before getting to Seattle then we may as well just cancel.

@ace2542 - Please, relax, after reading this - close your eyes for a moment, take a short walk around the house, apartment / flat.  Then, come back, sit down and take 10 slow & deep breath.  NCL's telephone support line is open until late into the evening, depending on how your call is routed - overseas to a UK/Euro call center or across the Atlantic to HQ here in Miami, Florida, etc. etc.  

Have you actually tried to call someone at NCL for assistance, please, might "we" respectfully suggest and advise you to kindly do so.  It is NOT that difficult, much easier than navigating the computer or "tiny" smartphone or iPhone screen.  

No, you do not need a "passport" sized photo to upload to finish off the check-in, but before that, you need to follow the steps - including watching that mandatory 95 seconds video on Youtube about the virtual, mandatory safety/emergency/muster station drills, and click the consent, etc. - it's interactive & not too difficult to follow.  Just take a front facing photo with your smart/iPhone's camera, and you can then upload it - is there a friend, neighbor or someone living next door or across the hallway, building, house, home, etc. that you trust and perhaps can come over to help you. 

Tens of thousands of cruisers around your age and skills level have managed to do these lately, not everyone find it easy or simple, but it can be managed.  Just take it easy - it can be a computer related "error" on NCL's end about the Vacation Adds on and/or buying more insurance, the problem isn't with you.  The folks that can fix it and over-ride the "system" is on the other side, on NCL's end - one of the best way is to call them, dial them, telephone them and speak to a live operator or agent, customer care or customer service rep.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

if photos are required before getting to Seattle then we may as well just cancel.

Do you have the skills to upload a picture of anything, just to have something in that photo space so that portion of check in is complete?  Because they can retake your picture at the port.

• Like 2

I had this problem also. They are looking for how he is paying for his cruise expenses.Just include them in your account. They not are trying to make you pay more for insurance. It is just the card you are adding to your onboard account. You can straighten that out at check in.

Don’t stress it will be fine.

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

"xxxx must login to set their own Booksafe Travel Protection and any other add-ons options. Or you may include this guest in your account by selecting the appropriate guest(s) in your Online Check-in tab".

• Like 1

The crisis has been adverted. NCL helped me to create a second customer profile attached to a different email for my father so number 5 is now ticked green. The only other problem we have now is the connecting flight man-heathrow has been cancelled all this week for what that statement is worth.

• Like 2

For what it is worth and now that you have solved your problem:

I just want to add one thing: International travel right now is EXTREMELY stressful. I want to validate the stress you are feeling. Honestly: cry if you need to--it could help.

I bet a lot of what you are feeling is just compounded stress getting everything lined up--not just the cruise and this one green checkmark.

We are in a similar boat and I know that check-in feels so much more stressful just because my stress-level is higher. We take our Corona-tests to fly to the USA tomorrow for our Saturday flight. I feel you 100%. We will only be "relaxed" when we have that final checkmark cleared and we know we are heading out.

I am also thankful and happy that (what we all knew would happen) NCL was able to sort this out for you.

As was said above: deep breaths. You are almost through the worst of it! It will all work out! People everywhere want this to work out for you!

Peace and happy holiday!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KristinLM said:

For what it is worth and now that you have solved your problem:

I just want to add one thing: International travel right now is EXTREMELY stressful. I want to validate the stress you are feeling. Honestly: cry if you need to--it could help.

I bet a lot of what you are feeling is just compounded stress getting everything lined up--not just the cruise and this one green checkmark.

We are in a similar boat and I know that check-in feels so much more stressful just because my stress-level is higher. We take our Corona-tests to fly to the USA tomorrow for our Saturday flight. I feel you 100%. We will only be "relaxed" when we have that final checkmark cleared and we know we are heading out.

I am also thankful and happy that (what we all knew would happen) NCL was able to sort this out for you.

As was said above: deep breaths. You are almost through the worst of it! It will all work out! People everywhere want this to work out for you!

Peace and happy holiday!

Strangely I am not too worried about the actual testing for Covid though testing issues and all the new check in situation are really going problems for some people who aren't upon on tech or people who don't have access. We can get both tests to my email and so I am not worrying about that now. Now that this number 5 issues has been resolved it is all sorted now. The problem was check in site did not say we could not use the same email address for 2 people.  And I can use a local library to scan the pictures. Thanks to everyone for your replies you are 1 in a million.

I hope everything works out for you. Where are you headed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

I can use a local library to scan the pictures.

Just upload any old picture from your phone, they always take a new one at port so its a pointless task they make you do.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Just upload any old picture from your phone, they always take a new one at port so its a pointless task they make you do.

Why bother with asking for the pic? Seems like it is a pointless exercise.

• Like 1