5-5-22 Thursday Weigh-In--Happy Mother's Day To All

Belle

Hi all!

Belle  ~ thanks for the poem. My DD texted me that she thought Mother's Day is next Sunday so no card for me.

The man who asked me questions to determine my knee problem was surprised to hear my weight with a decimal, he'd never heard that before.

I'm down 1 lb to my amazement, just 18.4 to go!

Jan ~ the roast pork meal was good & the little 2lb roast was only $8.02 & made 2 meals.

Have a  nice day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Good Morning all - Thanks Belle for starting the thread and for the poem.  We are having a BBQ (sort of) for mother's day - everyone is bring food and DH will do some cooking on the grill - I have asked for cupcakes for dessert as I can eat only one and not have leftovers.  I do have to go out and get some cards for a few of the mom's.

I weighed myself this morning and I am down 1.6# - which means I am where I was at the beginning of the year - at least I got April's cruise weight off --- Now to get serious (hopefully, maybe, sigh).

Jo isn't it nice when meals last more than once.  We find that we are not eating as much, so have leftovers a lot.  The only problem is the cost of food ... It is crazy!

Hope everyone has a good week and a nice Mother's Day!   Jan

Belle thanks for good start for week.

Jo wow - great loss . Roast pork w sauerkraut and potatoe dumplings is my favorite meal. 

Jan - congrats for getting off the cruise weight. Mother’s Day sounds fun.

im at the low end of range.  Kind of disappointed not seeing any wt loss  from surgery .  Belly looks good still have some slight  puffiness .  Evidently can take up to a year to see the real results.  

My Tx son has moved in with me (my choice don’t want granddaughter stressing about him not waking up).   With my permission he brought a Russian friend (2 wk stay) whose apartment lease ended and he couldn’t get it a one month extension.   “Anton” is great works remotely as IT tech, he is quiet, respectful — it’s nice with people in the house it feels like a home. 

Mother’s Day  going to play dominoes and will have tacos.  I never go to restaurants on any holiday -  I don’t like crowds.

Writing in the evening but sure will be reading in the morning so--Good Morning!

You all did well on your weight loss's this week. Me not so good. Stayed the same.

Just not eating right. Don't know why--I want to. Not doing anything lately except----

I book a couple of Alaska cruises, will be doing many backs to backs. Couldn't help myself.

They were free except taxes and insurance. So, my summer is taken.

Jo--sorry about your knee. What do they say can be done? I know Canada has holidays on

different days/months then us--is Mother's Day the same?

Jan glad you got cruise weight off. Congrats. Sounds like you have a good Mother's Day planned.

I think leftovers are a must when cooking. Love it that don't have to cook again just warm up.

Izena no weight loss but smaller "belly" would take that in a minute. Enjoy it. Glad your

enjoying your son and his friend staying with you. You have a nice day planned. I used to 

play dominoes haven't in years.

Ombud have you left us? Haven't been in before or after your cruise. Don't want you to leave

but if going to let us know so won't be asking about you.

I don't know what I'm doing for Mother's Day. Son is on a cruise, home tomorrow. Sure

will talk to sister and will call me and say going out to dinner. Their sure waiting to the last minute.

Usually tell me earlier. But last few years been different because of covid. I think last year we

had take out on the patio, I didn't want to go out.

Everyone have a good Friday and weekend. Hope to see you talking during the weekend.

Well, everyone must of have a great weekend--to tired to talk on Monday.

Mine wasn't as good, kids taking me out to dinner and I woke up sick, still today.

Not covid! They said will just make it another day. I will since their paying!😄

Been in bed all day, just checking computer now.

Hate it when so quiet here but I was this weekend too. Hope more talking this week.

Take care

Belle hope your feeling better.

had nice Mother’s Day -  heard from everyone ( including yardmen, and sons friend in CC - both  consider me their TX mom).  

Been hot in mid 90’s.   Sons Russian friend that is staying with us seems to have developed allergies to something.,  Nice to have people in house.

Thank you both. Better but not 100%.

Glad you both had a nice Mother's Day.

Izena I'm happy your enjoying people staying at your house. Do you have to cook

for them? That I wouldn't like.  Wish we had your weather now. Been windy and cooler than

normal.

Jan you won't believe when my cruises are. They just added up going to Alaska.

I leave July 9th and come back Sept. 7th. 6 b2b's and I love it. Love the beauty of

Alaska and the people.

Jo and Ombud how are you two?

Belle - I am doing a b2b to Alaska in August - Perhaps we might be a port at the same time!  I would love to do 6 b2b's ... how exciting!  Do you have the same cabin for all 6 times?  How very exciting!!!  Hopefully you will have wifi so that you can post.  Jan

Jan last winter had the same cabin for all the cruises, was nice this time no.

Booked cruises at different times, cabins gone because more people cruising now.

Before sailing with less than 50%

Have same cabin the first three cruises...move to a cabin for the next two, one floor up and then

move to last cruise to a cabin very close. Keep checking to see if my cabin I want would open up.

Not to bad.  you leave hanging clothes, throw everything in suitcase, tote bags ect.

They help you move.

What dates are you in Alaska?   Your doing a b2b that's a start, next make it three.😊

(what helps me because it's mostly free cruises, if wasn't I wouldn't be doing six)

Will have internet four of the cruises don't know about other two. Have to decide. Least it's Alaska and can use phone in ports.   Can keep in touch with kids and friends.    My daughter is doing one

of cruises in July with me.

Isn't it nice to have cruises to look forward to?  Love it!:classic_love:

Edited by Belle

Belle no I’m not cooking everyone is on their own unless we want to go out.   

I don’t cruise enough to get  free offers. Plus don’t want to leave Jazzper.  Maybe later - too old to get another dog. 

I am looking at alaska cruises for next year.