Coral Princess movements

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

No one should be offended by anything anyone is wearing! Go for it whatever you are wearing. For the record NO ONE would want to be eyeing these old dimpling knees hahahahah

Only on Cunard and sometimes on P&O UK do they get offended, not staff, the pax, lol.

• Haha 1

To get this baby back on topic, I am probably going to head out to the BICT on Saturday to have a look-see. Can I check with someone. Can I confirm that there is an Activation / Shakedown cruise leaving on Saturday. and that it gets back on Monday morning? @CbtoursIf this is the case you might get to see the Coral on Monday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

To get this baby back on topic, I am probably going to head out to the BICT on Saturday to have a look-see. Can I check with someone. Can I confirm that there is an Activation / Shakedown cruise leaving on Saturday. and that it gets back on Monday morning? @CbtoursIf this is the case you might get to see the Coral on Monday. 

That'd be great

10 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

I can't confirm whether she is doing an activation cruise, but can confirm she is leaving on Saturday afternoon and returning on Monday morning. I don't know of anyone that has an invite, unlike Pacific Explorer. Maybe just Annastasia taking her for a spin?

Pacific Explorer is at Tangalooma tomorrow for anyone in camera range.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valantine80 said:

We were on Majestic February 2020, Sydney to Singapore which was terminated in Freo because of Covid. No Medallion on it.

There you go - just Ruby then 🙂

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

\

My last two hard cases have separate netted zippered sections covering half the suitcase.  This is great for packing having a place for everything.  However, I find it a pain when I reach my location (especially if I'm camping), as I have to keep the suitcase open flat to reach everything.  

I found leaving the suitcase open great for fitting under the bed on my last Carnival cruise.  Just slide it under and out when something was needed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

When does the cruise season start from Brisbane International Cruise Terminal and Portside for 22/23?  

For me the cruise season always starts when the first Alaska ship gets back from her TransPacific.

This year that's October 22nd, 2022.

T

15 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

What is the first longer cruise and which ship?

The first cruises out of the Brisbane cruise terminal (rather than the Pacific Explorer that came on a port visit) are on the Coral Princess. On 16th June she does a 3-day cruise to nowhere, on 19th June, a 4-day cruise, and on 23rd June, a 3-day cruise. These are at less than 100% passenger occupancy. On 26th June, a 7-day cruise goes to FNQ as does one on the 3rd July.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

T

The first cruises out of the Brisbane cruise terminal (rather than the Pacific Explorer that came on a port visit) are on the Coral Princess. On 16th June she does a 3-day cruise to nowhere, on 19th June, a 4-day cruise, and on 23rd June, a 3-day cruise. These are at less than 100% passenger occupancy. On 26th June, a 7-day cruise goes to FNQ as does one on the 3rd July.

Thanks.  So the 7 day cruise departing 26th June to FNQ is the first long cruise, then 3rd July.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks.  So the 7 day cruise departing 26th June to FNQ is the first long cruise, then 3rd July.   

Yes. We are on the 26th June one. It only goes to FNQ, but we are going to be on the ship. Domestic destinations are all that are available at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yes. We are on the 26th June one. It only goes to FNQ, but we are going to be on the ship. Domestic destinations are all that are available at the moment.

How exciting!  What are the ports?  Guess you have been to most before.  That is a good idea whilst they iron out any potential problems.  Queensland is lucky to have so many ports for future cruising by small ships.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

How exciting!  What are the ports?  Guess you have been to most before.  That is a good idea whilst they iron out any potential problems.  Queensland is lucky to have so many ports for future cruising by small ships.  

It is the standard Airlie Beach/Cairns/Port Douglas run. I hate to think how many times we have been to these ports. We might not even get off the ship. We are going for the fun of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

When does the cruise season start from Brisbane International Cruise Terminal and Portside for 22/23?  

Early November I think, after the Round Australia cruise gets back.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Portside is as good as closed. Possible they may use it for a day visit for a smaller ship, but it will no longer be used as a turnaround terminal. The government/ports might as well be selling something that would otherwise be in mothballs for 99% of the year.

29 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Portside is as good as closed. Possible they may use it for a day visit for a smaller ship, but it will no longer be used as a turnaround terminal. The government/ports might as well be selling something that would otherwise be in mothballs for 99% of the year.

There is a major redevelopment project underway in Northshore and Portside. The entire riverfront from the Bretts Wharf Ferry to the Northshore Ferry is going to be rebuilt in the lead up to the Olympics. They haven't released anything about it, but I imagine that it will include the Portside dock.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

It is the standard Airlie Beach/Cairns/Port Douglas run. I hate to think how many times we have been to these ports. We might not even get off the ship. We are going for the fun of it.

How long are you in Airlie Beach? I love to get a hire car and drive to Dingo Beach Hotel, Hideaway Bay Beach and Cape Gloucester Resort. for lunch.  40 min drive from Airlie Beach.  

Cairns Botanical Gardens are well worth a visit.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

There is a major redevelopment project underway in Northshore and Portside. The entire riverfront from the Bretts Wharf Ferry to the Northshore Ferry is going to be rebuilt in the lead up to the Olympics. They haven't released anything about it, but I imagine that it will include the Portside dock.

Sounds like a nice spot for athlete accommodation and repurposed into apartments when the games are over.

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

How long are you in Airlie Beach? I love to get a hire car and drive to Dingo Beach Hotel, Hideaway Bay Beach and Cape Gloucester Resort. for lunch.  40 min drive from Airlie Beach.  

Cairns Botanical Gardens are well worth a visit.  

The Airlie Beach stop is 7am to 4pm but time is lost because the ship doesn't tie up. Passengers go ashore by tender. We went to the Cairns Botanical Gardens a few years ago by taxi from Yorkeys Knob. In Cairns I like the beautiful pool and foreshore area.

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The Airlie Beach stop is 7am to 4pm but time is lost because the ship doesn't tie up. Passengers go ashore by tender. We went to the Cairns Botanical Gardens a few years ago by taxi from Yorkeys Knob. In Cairns I like the beautiful pool and foreshore area.

Cairns - I love the foreshore area also, especially the bird life when the tide is out.  The length of the Esplanade is lovely long walk, with a stop at the Coffee Shop.  The Cairns Esplanade Lagoon is very popular.  They were doing exercises in the pool when I was there last.  Lots of families were out having BBQs and picnics around the pool.