Coral Princess movements

19 minutes ago, kenexx said:

The suites on Coral are wonderful.  Much better than on the new Royal class ships.  I’m sure you’ll really enjoy it.  

We’re in a vista suite for our B2B in June. First time so keen to experience.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We’re in a vista suite for our B2B in June. First time so keen to experience.

We've got a Premium suite on our June 26th cruise and a Vista suite on the Sept 13th cruise. When we booked the June cruise through our planner I didn't realise there would be such a huge price jump between the Vista and Premium suites for what is essentially just a difference in location. But since it's our first post-pandemic cruise we decided to stick with it despite the screaming from the debit card. 🤣🤣🤣

Don't forget to book your free first night speciality dining. It's very easy through the app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've got a Premium suite on our June 26th cruise and a Vista suite on the Sept 13th cruise. When we booked the June cruise through our planner I didn't realise there would be such a huge price jump between the Vista and Premium suites for what is essentially just a difference in location. But since it's our first post-pandemic cruise we decided to stick with it despite the screaming from the debit card. 🤣🤣🤣

Don't forget to book your free first night speciality dining. It's very easy through the app.

Yes I did that. Though officially free first night is only for 6 nights or longer, but it let me book on first 3 night one, I’m guessing because even though separate booking numbers, it appears as one cruise on the medallion app

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kenexx said:

The suites on Coral are wonderful.  Much better than on the new Royal class ships.  I’m sure you’ll really enjoy it.  

I think with Princess, as with many other lines, the newer the ship the more petite the entry level suites are. The aft minis on Sun/Dawn/Sea Princess were larger than most of the base level suites anywhere.

We have gone a mini for Coral.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I think with Princess, as with many other lines, the newer the ship the more petite the entry level suites are. The aft minis on Sun/Dawn/Sea Princess were larger than most of the base level suites anywhere.

We went for suite purely to earn the two cruise credits so times 4, gives us score up to elite in one go.

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

All the minis on Sun/Sea/Dawn would have been considered full suites on newer builds.

The only suite we've had so far was an amazing last minute deal on Carnival Legend. An aft Vista suite which was huge. None of this "curtains between bedroom and living areas" nonsense, it had doors, and a corridor which also had the balcony door off it. There was a dressing room and a walk-in robe, and a huge bathroom. The balcony wrapped around the side of the ship. It was a bit shabby around the edges but it was still wonderful.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

We went for suite purely to earn the two cruise credits so times 4, gives us score up to elite in one go.

We managed to get to elite just before our last pre-pandemic cruise. We did it in 8 cruises but some of them were longer ones so we got to elite on days not cruise credits.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

All the minis on Sun/Sea/Dawn would have been considered full suites on newer builds.

The only suite we've had so far was an amazing last minute deal on Carnival Legend. An aft Vista suite which was huge. None of this "curtains between bedroom and living areas" nonsense, it had doors, and a corridor which also had the balcony door off it. There was a dressing room and a walk-in robe, and a huge bathroom. The balcony wrapped around the side of the ship. It was a bit shabby around the edges but it was still wonderful.

Wow

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We managed to get to elite just before our last pre-pandemic cruise. We did it in 8 cruises but some of them were longer ones so we got to elite on days not cruise credits.

That’s what we were doing too. We had 8 cruises and 84 days. We booked two round aus (28 and 26 days) and a nz 14 day would have reached it. Then these short cruises popped up and suite was reasonable so we jumped at it. Figured it wasn’t that much more than staying in a really nice hotel in qld seeing as we not been travelling. Splurge! Then we do our other cruises as elite.

11 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Wow

And it was only $100 or so dearer than the usual price for an aft balcony cabin. The price doubled after our booking went through. Talk about scoring a winning deal!

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Indeed they would have. In the end Princess reclassified those aft suites as Penthouse suites and turned those aft minis into regular suites.

We have had a couple of amazing best on ship suites on Royal, which only come along when we can merge launch savings with status savings and the deal of the day with a short cruise. Carnival has some reasonably priced suites, but not so many perks which helps to keep them nice and large.

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

Yes, a Solstice aft Sky suite felt more like a mini to us. 

When it comes to value for money on suites though, I think Royal jump them both.

We’re keen to try Royal again but waiting until after our next Celebrity cruise so we can hit Elite and status match to Diamond with Royal.

7 hours ago, kenexx said:

I can’t wait! Have the daily countdown going already! 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

6 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Yes I did that. Though officially free first night is only for 6 nights or longer, but it let me book on first 3 night one, I’m guessing because even though separate booking numbers, it appears as one cruise on the medallion app

The app let me book the free first night, too, despite it being on the three night cruise portion of the trip! Though like yours, it appears like one long cruise on the app.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 11:14 AM, arxcards said:

It appears Coral Princess will be spending a lot of time in Australia & New Zealand, so it is only fair that she gets her own thread as she prepares for her transit to Brisbane.

It is the first time Coral Princess has been sighted in front of a camera for a while. She is currently berthed at terminal 19 in Fort Lauderdale. She will remain here till tomorrow morning (our time), then back to sea for a bit before returning to the same berth for another short stay.

2136291338_Webcapture_6-5-2022_10332.thumb.jpeg.472f7bba7946483690f38483ba1799d9.jpeg

It is expected she will start he journey to Oz next week, likely Wednesday (guesstimate), via the Panama Canal. After a service stop in Papaeete, it is onward to Brisbane for the morning of 7th June. She will spend much of her time at the new international terminal until her 1st passengers depart on 16th June, except for a couple of days at sea between 11th & 13th June.

Where do you find out this information? Can't wait for her to arrive in Brisvegas.

58 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Coral Princess has returned to sea for the next day and a half, and will return to the same dock late tomorrow night our time.

1025411626_tl00001167(1).thumb.jpg.c7fb2fb791ae447504cb86b80a7fb0be.jpg

390201256_tl00001168(1).thumb.jpg.94a7de61eb4de254139f2cebef926a7e.jpg

tl00001172.thumb.jpg.519fe77abd2ec9918accc187741475b5.jpg

Beautiful! I do love the “rocker boosters” she seems to have 😂

16 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Where do you find out this information? Can't wait for her to arrive in Brisvegas.

Port schedules and joining the dots, but I read the operations stuff, not the cruise terminal schedules which are just passenger dates. Most schedules only show up to a week a head, but the info is there if you want to dig deeper

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nz1 said:

Beautiful! I do love the “rocker boosters” she seems to have 😂

And I presume they are like the ones on Diamond Princess - all show, no go.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

A am not holding any secrets and the info I find is publicly available, I am a bit coy though, as things tend to be copy/paste a lot these days. Coral Princess holds no more bookings in Port Everglades, so I presume she is moving on and I join the dots to the info at the other end.

Capture_10.thumb.jpg.f4ad7f22474c0db6eaeb3096ec098b4c.jpg

• Like 2