Coral Princess movements

Just now, sj_cavy said:

Just need a wiper blade for the camera, it looks like she’s that blurry spot in the top right hand corner.

72964EEC-4733-457B-9A48-C23E92F02004.jpeg

Yeah, looks like a lovely day. She will dominate the picture soon, so there will be plenty to see between the drops.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ETdreamer said:

How exciting is this?! We’ve never done the Panama Canal, so it’s a treat to watch the CP coming through. 

It will be the opposite for Coral Princess. She has regularly had a transit in each direction for all of her years. Like Island Princess, they were built as Panamax to be as large as would fit in the old locks.

This will be her last transit of the Canal for sometime, as it would only be a world cruise that would take her there from Australia. I would also love to do the Panama Canal one day.

• Like 1

Just now, ETdreamer said:

Mr Google just told me it’ll take between 8-10 hours 😀 It may make it a bit of a long night to see the whole trip 😂

Indeed.

And here is a sneaky one from the camera at the new Agua Clara locks

555001172_aguaclara00001(4).thumb.jpg.06d780bd72ca1f38da0628e4d933b206.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

Mr Google told me the same thing.

24 minutes ago, ETdreamer said:

Mr Google just told me it’ll take between 8-10 hours 😀 It may make it a bit of a long night to see the whole trip 😂

Mr Google would be pretty right. From our end of the world, it means a late night followed by an early morning. It usually works for me, as I can be having my coffee at work for the end part of the transit. I think I will be sleeping in tomorrow though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Looks like the chair hogs are up on deck early. 😂

After a very sedated departure from Fort Lauderdale, it does appear there are quite a few of the crew on deck, favouring the cam side of the ship. Get ready for a wave.

• Like 1

We have done both the Panama and Suez canals - although the History of the building of the Panama is  very interesting as is the transit through the first set of locks of the Panama, we both thought that the Suez Canal was MUCH more enjoyable/interesting to transit and would love to do it again. Don't often get to see an Egyptian Army formation parading - tanks and all. I was absolutely exhausted at the end of the day of our Suez transit - so much time on our feet going from side to side to see everything.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Good night from NZ 🙂 (2:30am!)

I got a collection of webcam shots so will post those up tomorrow.

Night all!

Are you not staying up for Miaflores? 😉

• Haha 1