Coral Princess movements

44 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

The Insta video says she is the first Princess ship to bring Medallion cruising to Aus - not true!
Poor old Ruby was  medallion cruises as probably was Majestic in 2020. 

Maybe its meaning the full works as now? we were on THE Ruby March 2020 and we had the medallion but it mainly just opened the doors, certainly not all the bells and whistles it has now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Maybe its meaning the full works as now? we were on THE Ruby March 2020 and we had the medallion but it mainly just opened the doors, certainly not all the bells and whistles it has now.

We were on the one just before THE Ruby cruise - though it did get us on the ship with both photos and passports uploaded, ordered drinks anywhere on the ship - though it was quicker to get drinks yourself - opened door, purchased things on board and got us off and on.
I also managed to discharge mine on two occasions and had to get replacements - don’t store your Medallion anywhere near a magnet. 😳

Only new things we have noted really is boarding & dining times and the Covid related stuff, which is I think where all the problems begin, so many rules and regs for IT to deal with, in so many places - feel for them when I think about it. 

But, only days now and you will be able to tell us all about it 👏👏

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 2

Just now, Porky55 said:

We were on the one just before THE Ruby cruise - though it did get us on the ship with both photos and passports uploaded, ordered drinks anywhere on the ship - though it was quicker to get drinks yourself - opened door, purchased things on board and got us off and on. 

Only new things we have noted really is boarding & dining times and the Covid related stuff, which is I think where all the problems begin, so many rules and regs for IT to deal with, in so many places - feel for them when I think about it. 

But, only days now and you will be able to tell us all about it 👏👏

I am well and truly on countdown mode as we fly into Brisbane on Monday ahead of sailing on the thursday! Even celebrated buying a new suitcase lol.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I am well and truly on countdown mode as we fly into Brisbane on Monday ahead of sailing on the thursday! Even celebrated buying a new suitcase lol.

Ooooh - I love buying suitcases!! We are a week behind you, thinking about packing now 🙄

Enjoy 👏🥂

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Even celebrated buying a new suitcase lol.

Just a note on packing - up north we are actually getting that cold snap now too, pack some warm clothes too - just in case.
Though 10 at night and 24 during the day probably isn’t cool/cold to you - but for us spoilt Nth Qlder - 🥶

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Porky55 said:

Just a note on packing - up north we are actually getting that cold snap now too, pack some warm clothes too - just in case 

We always go for layers, that being said, I have only heard Queenslanders saying its cold lol. Have any Melbourne people been and come back shivering lol. Our highest temp over next week is 13 once, the rest 10 or 11 deg all accompanied by rain. Brisbane? all showing sun and lowest 18. I think my layers will work lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Bon Voyage.  Bring your winter woolies and a wind break for the ship.  Sun should be beautiful.  What kind of suitcase did you buy  I have a huge selection of small suitcases, as I always need an extra one to bring home.  

• Like 2

. I think my layers will work lol

I’m sure they will - check out Cairns next week, we LOOOOVE this time of year up here!!

FD723953-6896-4854-BD9B-D4482BF34B7C.png

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

We always go for layers, that being said, I have only heard Queenslanders saying its cold lol. Have any Melbourne people been and come back shivering lol. Our highest temp over next week is 13 once, the rest 10 or 11 deg all accompanied by rain. Brisbane? all showing sun and lowest 18. I think my layers will work lol

No this week lowest in Brisbane was 5c unheard of!  Max today is 19c with brilliant sunshine.  Agree cold and wet is miserable. 

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

No this week lowest in Brisbane was 5c unheard of!  Max today is 19c with brilliant sunshine.  Agree cold and wet is miserable. 

Mine are maximum daytime not overnight lol

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Bon Voyage.  Bring your winter woolies and a wind break for the ship.  Sun should be beautiful.  What kind of suitcase did you buy  I have a huge selection of small suitcases, as I always need an extra one to bring home.  

A samsonite prodigy. We prefer hard sided cases, and this one has a whole new concept of being able to open from front side too. We are pretty light packers so our biggest case is only medium sized.

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

A samsonite prodigy. We prefer hard sided cases, and this one has a whole new concept of being able to open from front side too. We are pretty light packers so our biggest case is only medium sized.

Sounds interesting.  Opening from front side is an extra pocket or opening to suitcase?  My large are medium size also because I can't carry huge suitcases.  

I eventually weaned myself from visiting baby clothes departments in supermarkets, but I haven't been successful with suitcases.  

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Can you fit  the formal gear in there?

2134433564_th(2).jpg.382c29aab187963b45424fb4f6f2da01.jpg04b75f7999fa3eab0fb9c0a61e8ddfd7.thumb.jpg.95f3f7b1057be2c3a4c1607dc844c6f4.jpg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Wow I love your formal dress! I’ll watch out for you 🥰🥰🥰

Sorry, you won't seem me in any formal dress anymore, been there done that, casual clothing for Uncle Les.  My late wife loved dressing up for the formal nights, I hated it.  So if it is jacket and tie on Westerdam for formal/gala nights, I shall be found in the Lido Buffet, lol. or dining with room service on my verandah as HAL calls balcony cabins.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Sorry, you won't seem me in any formal dress anymore, been there done that, casual clothing for Uncle Les.  My late wife loved dressing up for the formal nights, I hated it.  So if it is jacket and tie on Westerdam for formal/gala nights, I shall be found in the Lido Buffet, lol. or dining with room service on my verandah as HAL calls balcony cabins.

And I thought you sent us your own pics 👏

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Sounds interesting.  Opening from front side is an extra pocket or opening to suitcase?  My large are medium size also because I can't carry huge suitcases.  

I eventually weaned myself from visiting baby clothes departments in supermarkets, but I haven't been successful with suitcases.  

It opens from the front OR open full out. We were quite impressed with the features. This is not a paid ad hahahahah that front secion locks independently and you can open just that (and so can store laptops , docs etc in. its Actually quite room.

PRODIGY SPINNER 75/28  hi-res | Samsonite

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Maybe that age group, lol.

If you've got it why not flaunt it lol.  If you're young enough to be bringing your kids, hey you can get away with anything. Oh to be that young again hahahaha

21 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

It opens from the front OR open full out. We were quite impressed with the features. This is not a paid ad hahahahah that front secion locks independently and you can open just that (and so can store laptops , docs etc in. its Actually quite room.

PRODIGY SPINNER 75/28  hi-res | Samsonite

Don't you just love the wheels?  i can't believe I've never seen that suitcase. What a brilliant idea.  So it has a separate lockable pocket opening from the front?  I've had similar in soft suitcases.  I haven't looked for two years due to covid so I'm out of date.

My last two hard cases have separate netted zippered sections covering half the suitcase.  This is great for packing having a place for everything.  However, I find it a pain when I reach my location (especially if I'm camping), as I have to keep the suitcase open flat to reach everything.  

• Like 1