On Harmony now, wife got Covid!

Just now, Keksie said:

Well Carnac says "your guess is as good as mine"  Just when you think the protocols will go away, here comes masks, more testing, more quarantining.  There could be the next millionth variant and the 20th booster needed by then.  

Maybe I should get a booster every month and test every day.  I should possibly be safe then.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Pretty much ends her cruise.that sucks!

I think she's been onboard for 3 weeks.   Maybe they shouldn't have stopped testing b2bers and she could be home resting in her own bed but may not have tested positive on Saturday.  No way of knowing for sure.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Maybe I should get a booster every month and test every day.  I should possibly be safe then.

You should do what you feel you need to do, otherwise just deal with it. That is just the way it's going to be. Get used to it.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes a soup cup for coffee would ruin everything..

The problem is that so many cruise (or vacation) SO much that it is not even appreciated anymore. I am MORE than happy to deal with almost anything on vacation as I am so grateful for just having the opportunity. People are spoiled.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think she's been onboard for 3 weeks.   Maybe they shouldn't have stopped testing b2bers and she could be home resting in her own bed but may not have tested positive on Saturday.  No way of knowing for sure.

Or just stop testing and stay in your cabin or away from people if you don't feel well. Are they quarantining people who just feel ill overall?

20 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Or just stop testing and stay in your cabin or away from people if you don't feel well. Are they quarantining people who just feel ill overall?

No only unless you test positive. I notified them that I had tested positive with a home kit that I had. If I didn’t have it I still would have notified them that I wasn’t feeling good. I have cold symptoms so far.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

No only unless you test positive. I notified them that I had tested positive with a home kit that I had. If I didn’t have it I still would have notified them that I wasn’t feeling good. I have cold symptoms so far.

That just seems so odd to me that anyone would notify someone that they didn't feel well. Did you do that before Covid?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Renee sorry to hear you now another victim and caught covid onboard too and now are headed to the dungeon. How many days do they say you will be there, how many days are left on your cruise?

4 more days left on the cruise. I was surprised that I tested positive because it felt like a cold. I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised since I have been on the ships for about 102 days since this past September. I had a feeling it would eventually catch up with me and unfortunately it has.

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Do they deliver your 5 D+ drinks a day ( … just bring the bottle and an ice bucket..) ? 

Asking for a friend! 

I read that they do, but I’m not up to drinking. Maybe if I am in a day or two I’ll just ask for a jug of chocolate martinis. 😆 🍸

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think left FL on Sunday and returns Saturday.  6 night sailing.  

Correct.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

That just seems so odd to me that anyone would notify someone that they didn't feel well. Did you do that before Covid?

It’s called being responsible and not selfish. It seems odd to me that someone wouldn’t call medical if they had any symptoms. No I wouldn’t have called medical before covid. Now with covid it’s different. I self tested in the cabin and it was positive so I then notified them. If I didn’t have the self test with me I still would have let medical know so they could test me. I don’t want to be “that” selfish person and possibly spread it to others. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It’s called being responsible and not selfish. It seems odd to me that someone wouldn’t call medical if they had any symptoms. No I wouldn’t have called medical before covid. Now with covid it’s different. I self tested in the cabin and it was positive so I then notified them. If I didn’t have the self test with me I still would have let medical know so they could test me. I don’t want to be “that” selfish person and possibly spread it to others. 

Renee, very sorry to hear that you are sick.  Hope you feel better very soon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wish others were like you, if they were there would be a lot less cases on ships now and we wouldn't be trending in wrong direction where protocols might have to go back to again like before. 2 steps forward 3 steps back.

Since you are in your cabin now, any idea how many other cabins down below have positive passengers in them also?

• Like 2

Just now, Jimbo said:

Wish others were like you, if they were there would be a lot less cases on ships now and we wouldn't be trending in wrong direction where protocols might have to go back to again like before. 2 steps forward 3 steps back.

Since you are in your cabin now, any idea how many other cabins down below have positive passengers in them also?

The only protocols that was taken away was masks. Masks that were mandatory at Christmas time and the variant was rampant all over the place. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

There is zero indication or evidence that positive cases on the ships is statistically higher than was prior to mandate relaxation. 

We are seeing basically the same number of weekly positives in my practice and at the hospital for the last 5 months. We admit almost no one; they are consulted about self care, sent on their way, and in a few days back to normal activity. 

if one does not want to take a very minor gamble regarding a possible quarantine situation on their cruise, then they should just stay home at this time, unfortunately this virus is being handled very differently on the ships than in any other place in this country

Never said there were more cases on ships, but total amount of people on ships is such a small number  compared to all the people on land. Neither equates statistically to the other.

Plus people on land are much farther spread out then on a cruise ship. The 2 don't even relate.

Like you said it's purely  a gamble, if you have money to burn go and roll the dice by  all means .People that cruise 10, 15, 30 times a year they have no issue going on a cruise now.

If this is your one and only vacation for the year or 2 year period. There may be better options out there as to where to spend your money for a vacation is all I'm saying.

I still have cruises scheduled. As you are, I know we are taking a chance.

Edited by Jimbo

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Never said there were more cases on ships, but total amount of people on ships is such a small number  compared to all the people on land. Neither equates statistically to the other.

Plus people on land are much farther spread out then on a cruise ship. The 2 don't even relate.

Like you said it's purely  a gamble, if you have money to burn go and roll the dice by  all means .People that cruise 10, 15, 30 times a year they have no issue going on a cruise now.

If this is your one and only vacation for the year or 2 year period. There may be better options out there as to where to spend your money for a vacation is all I'm saying.

Agreed, I think it is all a choice now. Many are not used to being in crowds on a regular basis so they are afraid of cruising. Have been with family and friends for 2 years now and crowds for a year. Nothing really bothers me but I know others who still live like it is March 2020.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

As far as close contacts are concerned, there is no difference in my life between being on a cruise ship or my day to day existence working and interacting in my social life. I'm sure that for some that is not the case but I don't believe I am at any higher risk on a cruise ship than off one.  

• Like 3

I don't drink wine... but if they were interested in dropping a bottle Tito's and a 2L of soda I think I'd be able to sustain myself through a couple days of quarantine. Even with cardboard soup cups to drink out of.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

When is your next cruise? 

Rumor is that room stewards have the responsibility to report anyone that stays in their cabin for more than 1 day.        Are you going to say wear a mask if you test positive and still go on with your vacation, but wait some people say masks don't work 😇     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

You said we are “trending in the wrong direction”

What else could that mean other than more cases?

3 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

The only protocols that was taken away was masks. Masks that were mandatory at Christmas time and the variant was rampant all over the place. 

b2b passengers no longer have to test before the 2nd, 3rd, etc. leg of their cruise(s).    That protocol was removed May 1st.