Emerald Azzurra Anyone?

FlossieC

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Emerald Azzurra Anyone?

Sorry, won't be any help to you...am also trying to find opinions on this new brand new ship.  Not familiar with this cruise line,  but the ship looks amazing and there are some great itineraries.  I joined their Facebook group hoping to glean some info from there.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m doing the Italy, France and Corsica in a balcony room on 29th July.  

I’ve been looking for reviews also without any luck so far.  I’ll certainly post after the cruise but look forward to hearing of other experiences in the meantime.

Daughter sailed today, her limited report thus far - “food delish,” “much more casual than Scenic River Cruise,” (we were with them on River Cruise in October and I found it very casual - think that’s why she commented on the Yacht), “luxurious.”

They were on board in time for lunch today and have now left Dubrovnik. She is excited. She does not do CC so I can try and pass on her reports if anyone interested. 

On 5/8/2022 at 4:58 AM, FlossieC said:

Interested to know if anyone has been on or has a cruise booked on this new ship please

On 5/28/2022 at 8:35 AM, cariad1000 said:

I’m doing the Italy, France and Corsica in a balcony room on 29th July.  

I’ve been looking for reviews also without any luck so far.  I’ll certainly post after the cruise but look forward to hearing of other experiences in the meantime.

16 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Daughter sailed today, her limited report thus far - “food delish,” “much more casual than Scenic River Cruise,” (we were with them on River Cruise in October and I found it very casual - think that’s why she commented on the Yacht), “luxurious.”

They were on board in time for lunch today and have now left Dubrovnik. She is excited. She does not do CC so I can try and pass on her reports if anyone interested. 

I wonder how much more casual can you get  LOL

I would love to hear more on the ship/cruise  if you have time

Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cellfree said:

Absolutely!  Please pass on anything she reports – as this ship [and the whole category of Emerald ocean cruises] is new, every report is worth its weight in [gold, electrons, ether? – whatever, worth a lot!!!]

On 6/4/2022 at 9:46 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Absolutely!  Please pass on anything she reports – as this ship [and the whole category of Emerald ocean cruises] is new, every report is worth its weight in [gold, electrons, ether? – whatever, worth a lot!!!]

Daughter and husband (in 40s) been on board since Saturday, today Monday - a few more tidbits - 

passengers mainly 60s/70s - 81 on board - two empty cabins

lots of Brits and some Aussies 

service is great - crew memorized names from photos taken when boarding 

breakfast and lunch does not seem to have a la carte ordering, available at dinner

little casual cafe by pool has flatbreads and snack items

repeats that “yacht is luxurious and food is great”

Will keep updating as I learn more. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, cellfree said:

breakfast and lunch does not seem to have a la carte ordering,

Can you ask

Do they bring everyone the same meal or is it a buffet type??

On 6/4/2022 at 9:46 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

23 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Can you ask

Do they bring everyone the same meal or is it a buffet type??

What I learned today:

Breakfast and Lunch - both buffets - breakfast also has eggs made to order - lunch has a carved or served fancy protein of some sort - buffets very similar to what is on their (Scenic) river cruises - lots of variety and fresh

Pool - gets a fair bit of use - with the pool area a deck with a hot tub and an observation lounge and the main bar lounge - there are quite a few separate areas to relax in

Gym area - has an infared sauna that's included - gym has more space and equipment than on river boats

• Thanks 2

Hello, everyone....We are booked in late August from Venice to Athens (Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece)... We are two couples.  There are only a few youtube videos on the Azzurra so far.  We are very excited.   Ron & Becky (Todd & Bonnie)

37 minutes ago, Breeze1234 said:

Hello, everyone....We are booked in late August from Venice to Athens (Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece)... We are two couples.  There are only a few youtube videos on the Azzurra so far.  We are very excited.   Ron & Becky (Todd & Bonnie)

It sounds wonderful, daughter is currently doing Dubrovnik to Athens, Saturday to Saturday. A suggestion - something we have never done but daughter and husband do - cross-pack - their first flight was cancelled so they would have missed their connection and were rerouted but baggage was not - somehow bags got split up a) one bag was sitting at the Port of Corfu today and it was on 8 different flights prior to Corfu b) their other bag made it to Dubrovnik just prior to cruising after I found a really helpful lady at IAD baggage service who expedited it and that bag only made 3 flight changes. All that to say, all is well now, but they were very happy they had cross-packed. They did fly in a day early which was good with all the luggage drama they had. 

16 minutes ago, cellfree said:

It sounds wonderful, daughter is currently doing Dubrovnik to Athens, Saturday to Saturday. A suggestion - something we have never done but daughter and husband do - cross-pack - their first flight was cancelled so they would have missed their connection and were rerouted but baggage was not - somehow bags got split up a) one bag was sitting at the Port of Corfu today and it was on 8 different flights prior to Corfu b) their other bag made it to Dubrovnik just prior to cruising after I found a really helpful lady at IAD baggage service who expedited it and that bag only made 3 flight changes. All that to say, all is well now, but they were very happy they had cross-packed. They did fly in a day early which was good with all the luggage drama they had. 

OH NO  my biggest fear

We always cross pack  but  sometimes I wish I could pack just carry on

Glad she was reunited with her bag

On 6/4/2022 at 5:23 PM, cellfree said:

I will be sailing this itinerary July 9. Can't wait!

I've noticed that (for those traveling to Athens from Venice/Dubrovnik) that the ship has not been able to go through the Corinth Canal as it is closed.  It stops in Gythion and skips Itea  (Delphi).  (There is a site at https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9903504 that will show you the actual location of the Azzurra.)  I've noticed that the ship hasn't been stopping in Krk at all (and is stopping in Rovinj instead).  The places where it "tenders" (and is not docked) include Hvar, Pargo and Cephalonia.  You can also see the approximate times that the ship is in port.  In some cases, the ship arrives the night before and in some cases the ship will stay until later in the evening.  (The Azzurra tends to do most of its traveling during the night.)  It's an interesting web site...

We were also wondering about the refrigerator in the cabins.  It seems I've read that it was stocked with drinks.  I wonder what type of drinks are available and if they are complimentary.

Wow!  As I've mentioned earlier, you can actually track the Azzurra using the web site above.  I've noticed it NOT following any real itinerary.... For the last few days, it's been going back and forth between Athens and Santorini.  Please keep us "in the know" as to how they treat you throughout this "diversion" from you regular itinerary.  (I'm wondering what the reason is for the "dry dock".)

Thanks for your message - we're not cancelling as planning to stay on in Venice for a few days post cruise. Agree it's not ideal, and the compensation offer is pathetic, hopefully they will offer a better solution. Corinth Canal is not part of the itinerary. Will post again once we're on board.

52 minutes ago, Down the dell said:

Thanks for your message - we're not cancelling as planning to stay on in Venice for a few days post cruise. Agree it's not ideal, and the compensation offer is pathetic, hopefully they will offer a better solution. Corinth Canal is not part of the itinerary. Will post again once we're on board.

Look forward to hearing about your trip.  Hope you enjoy

Down the dell

My brother, his wife, and a group of their friends are on your sailing.

Please post here if you get more details on the interruption.

Also looking forward to any “Live” comments you post while you’re aboard.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Daughter and husband home from cruise on Azzurra, son-in-law said food was the best they have had on any cruise in the past, he “loves” his food and daughter is gourmet-type cook, high praise for Azzurra’s offerings. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Don P said:

We are on the 9/3/22 sailing and hope your daughter and her husband would post a review and share any pictures.

Don & Carole P.

Lakewood Ranch, FL

Daughter doesn’t do Cruise Critic, earlier in this thread I posted a few of her comments, any specific questions I could ask her for you.