My review of the Northwest Pioneers cruise on American Harmony

CarolynFH

• 2 weeks later...

We're thinking of booking this cruise for 2023. Thanks for your great review!

Question - do you think it matters which side of the ship you are on in regards to sights to see? I.E., better/more on Oregon or Washington side?

Also, You said you enjoyed the food, but could you describe the food a bit more? 

Thanks!

19 hours ago, websailor said:

We're thinking of booking this cruise for 2023. Thanks for your great review!

Question - do you think it matters which side of the ship you are on in regards to sights to see? I.E., better/more on Oregon or Washington side?

Also, You said you enjoyed the food, but could you describe the food a bit more? 

Thanks!

No, I don't think that side of the ship matters - the scenery is pretty much the same on both sides.  And as I alluded to in my title, we didn't spend nearly as much time cruising as we did on our European river cruises.  On the Northwest Pioneers cruise, most cruising was at night, except when traveling through the Columbia Gorge and the Snake River, and daytimes were spent docked and off the ship on excursions.  We had thought that we'd spend time on our balcony when cruising, but the first few days were rainy and chilly, so we enjoyed the view from the forward lounge - and also chose seats at meals that allowed us a nice view outside the windows!

I've attached a couple of menus, which hopefully will illustrate the meals better than I can, as well as a photo of the Pacific Seafood Salad I enjoyed for our first lunch on board.  At breakfast there was always a special egg dish (usually some variation of Eggs Benedict) as well as  French toast, pancakes or waffles, and the back of the breakfast menu listed the entree choices for lunch and dinner.  You could mark your choices and turn them in - but you weren't held to them and could change your mind when you were ordering the actual meal!  We found the food to be very tasty.  And there were additional options for breakfast and lunch at the cafe on the upper deck aft, not to mention snacks and beverages available pretty much all day.

Hopefully I've attached these photos correctly for you to open and view them!

20220419_143210237_iOS.heic20220418_194105533_iOS.heic

20220418_195702144_iOS.heic

Edited by CarolynFH
  • Like 1