Covid 19 Testing prior to embarkation for Seabourn Cruise

JoTreacy

Hi

Originally I was advised that Covid 19 testing was done at the wharf prior to boarding  for Seabourn cruises in Europe.

I have now read on the website that the testing is your own responsibility three days prior to boarding?

Does anyone have any experience or information regarding this?

Thank You

20 hours ago, JoTreacy said:

Hi

Originally I was advised that Covid 19 testing was done at the wharf prior to boarding  for Seabourn cruises in Europe.

I have now read on the website that the testing is your own responsibility three days prior to boarding?

Thank You

Howdy @JoTreacy emo22.gif

Your thread has been moved to the correct forum.

suggest you use the Follow feature on this thread or any other thread or forum where you are interested in any new replies. That way you will not have to go l👀king to see if there are new replies on your threads because they will all be l👀king for you as notifications! emo34.gif If you need more info on how to do it, please click the following: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

On 5/11/2022 at 7:21 AM, JoTreacy said:

Hi

Thank You

Yes, you are now responsible for getting your own medically observed test within 72 hours of boarding (24hours for Greece) and providing the certification to prove a negative result. We board on the 28th in Ravenna and our Airbnb host has kindly booked us tests in a pharmacy. €22 per person. 

6 hours ago, margbem said:

Yes, you are now responsible for getting your own medically observed test within 72 hours of boarding (24hours for Greece) and providing the certification to prove a negative result. We board on the 28th in Ravenna and our Airbnb host has kindly booked us tests in a pharmacy. €22 per person. 

Is it 3 days or 72 hours?  We are leaving US on the 23 of June but do not board until June 26th.  We have time to get tested before we leave the US but with the time difference I am curious.There is a 6 hour difference and we board at 12:50 on the 26th in Rome.  We easily can go to Walgreens and get a rapid test before we fly out in the AM on the 23rd.  

Edited by Thenagers

7 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

Is it 3 days or 72 hours?  We are leaving US on the 23 of June but do not board until June 26th.  We have time to get tested before we leave the US but with the time difference I am curious.There is a 6 hour difference and we board at 12:50 on the 26th in Rome.  We easily can go to Walgreens and get a rapid test before we fly out in the AM on the 23rd.  

I can only quote our documentation which states 72 hours

I'm sure it's different for different countries, but this is my experience on the Encore which I boarded on 04/24/22 in Istanbul.  I did not have to get a negative test before boarding.  All passengers were given a rapid test at the dock at no cost to us. I did have to show proof of vaccination to enter Turkey and at check-in at the dock.  At one point during the cruise, I think it was the day before we arrived in Athens which was the midpoint of my cruise and the end for a number of passengers , everyone staying on for another seven days had to get a rapid test on the ship at no cost to us. I believe that was because everyone coming on in Athens would be tested at the dock whereas we would not.  Prior to disembarkation, I asked  for and was given, with no question or cost, another test and the paperwork to document that I was negative.  As a US citizen I needed it to return home.  My test was done the morning of the day before disembarkation and my flight didn't leave Istanbul until 8 PM the following day, so longer than 24 hours. My understanding is that the rule is that a negative test within one calendar day before beginning a flight to the US is the requirement.  In my case my flight connection involved an overnight at Heathrow, but since my journey was on one ticket, my test done on the ship was sufficient.  As I said, this was my experience with sailing to and from Turkey.  Other countries may differ and the rules change on a regular basis so what's true today may not be true tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

This is from our cruise documents

HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES 2022 EUROPE VOYAGES

PRIOR TO TRAVEL Ensure that you understand requirements for traveling from your home country to the destinations you plan to visit (including air travel policies) Please complete the following prior to boarding: • All guests ages two and above will require a medically observed, negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within 3-days of embarkation (for Greece, testing is required within 1-day of embarkation). Children under 2 years of age do not need to be tested prior to cruising. • Proof of full vaccination, including booster if eligible. For these cruises the definition of “fully vaccinated” is at least 14 days and no more than 270 days (9 months) since the last dose in the vaccine series of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A single booster dose is required for guests whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 9 months (270 days) to be considered “fully vaccinated.” • Guests under 5 years of age do not need to be vaccinated. Children between the ages of 5-11 who are not vaccinated may request an exemption at the time of booking and if approved may be subject to additional testing and protocols. Guests who are eligible for, but have not received a booster may request an exemption at the time of booking and if proved may be subject to additional testing, fees and protocols. Exceptions are limited and not guaranteed

13 hours ago, Thenagers said:

I called Seabourn with this exact question, as I’m leaving from Barcelona Saturday May 28. After a long hold while the agent investigated got clarification that it’s 3 days and not 72 hours. She said this is to account for the time changes with people traveling. But they will honor a test from anytime on Wednesday, three days prior to the cruise. She also went as far to say Saturday is say zero. Friday day 1. Thursday day 2. And Wednesday day 3. 

I booked my at home video monitored test (using link from Seabourn website $45 per person) for Wednesday 7pm eastern. Which will technically be Thursday in Europe.  

• Like 4