Sweet Aft or Cheeky Corner Suite ship movement?

CruisingWalter

For those of you who have sailed Scarlet or Valiant in a Cheeky Corner or Sweet Aft Suite, did you feel excessive ship movement back there? A friend saw a review on another forum of the Cheeky Corner Suite on Scarlet, where they mentioned that if you get any form of motion sickness, do not stay on the aft of the ship because there is excessive motion back there. We have a Cheeky Corner Suite on Deck 12 on Scarlet in July so I was wondering what your experiences having been.

We don't get motion sickness at all and have stayed in aft cabins on Celebrity and Princess. It's usually a very smooth ride back there so I was surprised to read those comments about the excessive motion back there. The only time we really felt any motion aft was during docking and undocking when the thrusters were in use. Other wise it was usually pretty calm unless there was a side to side sway in the ship that day. 

Thanks!

We were in 11011z (cheeky corner) and had a tiny bit of rocking, but nothing crazy. It rocked us to sleep every night!  

It has to be weather dependent too- we had really smooth seas, but there have been some voyages where they haven’t even been able to dock at Bimini. I’d imagine those might have a bit more movement.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We sailed in a Cheeky Suite over New Year's. We did not notice excess movement at all. I had not sailed aft before on any line. The only thing I noticed was the water noise from the engines, but not movement. I think if you've sailed aft before you'll be fine. That Cheeky Suite is amazing!! 

I guess you've got proper representation for the rooms you're interested in, but I was in 8042Z first week of June and didn't feel too much movement. We had pretty nice weather the whole week though - no rain at all IIRC (maybe some at night one day).