Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

I never had a problem with the temps in the public areas but the cabin temps at night were too warm for me in the last couple of years. So much so I now take a fan onboard as part of the problem was the location of the air-con outlet - the cool air didn't circulate through the cabin, it went out towards the door.Ā 

Ā 

Ideally I like a temp of 18C or lower for sleeping. Normally the thermostats in hotels and on earlier cruises had 22C as the mid-point temp but in the last couple of years that was the lowest setting.

We prefer lower temps for sleeping. We found the mdr usually quite cool and sometimes the princess theatre so make sure we take a jacket or wrap etcĀ 

15 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We prefer lower temps for sleeping. We found the mdr usually quite cool and sometimes the princess theatre so make sure we take a jacket or wrap etcĀ 

I've never felt too cool inside a Princess ship and I usually wear quite light clothing in the evenings. The MDRs, theatre etc have the air-con set for a full venue so if you are sensitive to cooler temps and the MDR or theatre isn't full you would notice it.Ā 

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I try to remember to set the cabin temp a bit lower before we go to dinner so it will be cooler in the room when we go to bed.

Good idea. Of course we are racing down to dinner cos weā€™ve not eaten for at least an hour šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I try to remember to set the cabin temp a bit lower before we go to dinner so it will be cooler in the room when we go to bed.

I set it to the coldest setting as soon as I arrive in the cabin on embarkation day and that's been too warm for me on cruises in the last couple of years before the shutdown.Ā 

Ā 

Our last Celebrity cruise, in March 2019, was the same yet on previous Celebrity cruises the lowest temp was most too cool - the first thing I did after waking on those cruises was to turn the air-con up, but the last cruise was too warm and it was later in the season than the others. Cruise lines cutting costs on air-con?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I set it to the coldest setting as soon as I arrive in the cabin on embarkation day and that's been too warm for me on cruises in the last couple of years before the shutdown.Ā 

Ā 

Our last Celebrity cruise, in March 2019, was the same yet on previous Celebrity cruises the lowest temp was most too cool - the first thing I did after waking on those cruises was to turn the air-con up, but the last cruise was too warm and it was later in the season than the others. Cruise lines cutting costs on air-con?

Iā€™m going to pay special attention to it this time! In the name of research šŸ˜‡

11 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Iā€™m going to pay special attention to it this time! In the name of research šŸ˜‡

Thank you. I now carry a small room thermometer so can check the cabin temp from cruise to cruise.Ā 

2019-08-30 19.11.01.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thank you. I now carry a small room thermometer so can check the cabin temp from cruise to cruise.Ā 

2019-08-30 19.11.01.jpg

Clever! Wonder if my Fitbit does???

Ā 

That photo was taken around 11:30pm in an inside cabin on Sea Princess with the air-con set to its lowest setting. The thermometer was on the desk near the bathroom door, the aircon outlet was close to the TV and the cabinĀ  door was on the other side. The cool air from the air-con never reached as far as the beds, it went straight out the door unless a fan was positioned so that it blew diagonally across the air-con airflow.

Ā 

The inside cabins on the Grand class ships had a similar problem. I can't recall if there was a similar issue in balcony cabins on the Royal class ships.Ā 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That photo was taken around 11:30pm in an inside cabin on Sea Princess with the air-con set to its lowest setting. The thermometer was on the desk near the bathroom door, the aircon outlet was close to the TV and the cabinĀ  door was on the other side. The cool air from the air-con never reached as far as the beds, it went straight out the door unless a fan was positioned so that it blew diagonally across the air-con airflow.

Ā 

The inside cabins on the Grand class ships had a similar problem. I can't recall if there was a similar issue in balcony cabins on the Royal class ships.Ā 

It will be interesting to know how cool the rooms will be. We are in an inside cabin and I prefer it to cooler rather than warmer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

It will be interesting to know how cool the rooms will be. We are in an inside cabin and I prefer it to cooler rather than warmer.

You're on the 26th June cruise? If you want to borrow my thermometer after a couple of days you'll be welcome to. We've treated ourselves to a suite on that cruise. Post here once the cruise starts and we can work something out.

• Like 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

You're on the 26th June cruise? If you want to borrow my thermometer after a couple of days you'll be welcome to. We've treated ourselves to a suite on that cruise. Post here once the cruise starts and we can work something out.

Yes, we are, Iā€™ll take you up on the offer, thank you.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Us too re suite! First time ever šŸ„°

6 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

Yes, we are, Iā€™ll take you up on the offer, thank you.

We bought it at Jaycar and they actually have them on sale at the moment. $3.95.

Ā 

Ā https://www.jaycar.com.au/indoor-desk-thermometer/p/QM7316?pos=15&queryId=c0f16a2821ff8290e2000ca477b9bb4f&sort=relevance

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

First time on Princess for us. We did score an amazing last minute deal on a Carnival suite some years ago though. It was only a hundred or so dollars more than an aft balcony cabin.Ā 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cbtours said:

We did our first suite on the Coral Panama Canal for my 50th. Ā Big mistake! Ā We havenā€™t been able to go back now šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kenexx said:

We did our first suite on the Coral Panama Canal for my 50th. Ā Big mistake! Ā We havenā€™t been able to go back now šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Thatā€™s my worry too lol

14 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We've bounced between balcony cabins and inside cabins over the years, and even scored a suite on Carnival once, but up until Covid arrived we would have still been happy to cruise in inside cabins. But now we'll probably stick to balconies after our two suite treats. I can't see the fares staying as low as they've been on the restart cruises, especially for suites and minisuites.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've bounced between balcony cabins and inside cabins over the years, and even scored a suite on Carnival once, but up until Covid arrived we would have still been happy to cruise in inside cabins. But now we'll probably stick to balconies after our two suite treats. I can't see the fares staying as low as they've been on the restart cruises, especially for suites and minisuites.

Ā 

24 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Ā 

45 minutes ago, kenexx said:

Donā€™t tell me that, we have an inside cabin for Coral and a balcony (that has very kindly been upgraded twice) for Majestic in Dec. Any cruises after that will probably be just the two of us and inside will mean we can cruise more šŸ¤žšŸ».Ā 

Also please check if the dining room is open for lunch each day. At times in the past, they have been closed on boarding day and while in port. I just hope that in the days of passenger separation, we can totally avoid the buffet conga line for the whole cruise.

• Like 1