Jump to content

Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Sorry, another one.
Would you please be able to advise how much Bayou Cafe (specialty dining) is to book once onboard?
I haven't made any specialty  dining bookings through the app, just my normal MDR reservations of same time each night. So I can't see how much Bayou Cafe is.
Possibly AUD $29pp? Thanks.

Edited by CDaze71
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Sorry, another one.
Would you please be able to advise how much Bayou Cafe (specialty dining) is to book once onboard?
I haven't made any specialty  dining bookings through the app, just my normal MDR reservations of same time each night. So I can't see how much Bayou Cafe is.
Possibly AUD $29pp? Thanks.

It showed up as $29 when I was doing my Sabatinis booking. Sabatinis was $25.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

17 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Sorry, another one.
Would you please be able to advise how much Bayou Cafe (specialty dining) is to book once onboard?
I haven't made any specialty  dining bookings through the app, just my normal MDR reservations of same time each night. So I can't see how much Bayou Cafe is. Possibly AUD $29pp? Thanks.

The app is not showing any dining ATM (usual Sunday night US time updates). It was $29 via the app yesterday when I was trying to decide what to eat in August. No idea if they keep the same price after boarding.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

 

The app is not showing any dining ATM (usual Sunday night US time updates). It was $29 via the app yesterday when I was trying to decide what to eat in August. No idea if they keep the same price after boarding.

I think they will these days. They did have different online to onboard prices on some of the Majestic restaurants in her first season here but I think they stopped doing that after her first season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It showed up as $29 when I was doing my Sabatinis booking. Sabatinis was $25.

It let me choose (Sabatinis) complimentary and Bayou definitely showing at $29. Have you been to Bayou? When I looked at the menu I wasn't sure there was enough I liked.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

Sorry, another one.
Would you please be able to advise how much Bayou Cafe (specialty dining) is to book once onboard?
I haven't made any specialty  dining bookings through the app, just my normal MDR reservations of same time each night. So I can't see how much Bayou Cafe is.
Possibly AUD $29pp? Thanks.

I will actually try to post as many photos of menus of all kinds where possible 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

It let me choose (Sabatinis) complimentary and Bayou definitely showing at $29. Have you been to Bayou? When I looked at the menu I wasn't sure there was enough I liked.

No haven't been, but hubby would love it. We are going to wait until we are onboard, and walk past and see if it looks like the ambiance is nice, and a Jazz band playing etc.. I'm not into seafood, but I'm sure I'd find something to eat. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

It let me choose (Sabatinis) complimentary and Bayou definitely showing at $29. Have you been to Bayou? When I looked at the menu I wasn't sure there was enough I liked.

I would love to know how Sabatinis is, we have booked it, first specialty restaurant for us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

I would love to know how Sabatinis is, we have booked it, first specialty restaurant for us.

This Sabatinis is a bit different than the others I've been to, it's a Sabatinis Trattoria. Princess changed some of the Sabatinis to Trattorias a couple of years pre-Covid. The original menus looked a bit weird, not traditional Italian, very modern and not very Italian in my opinion. However the current menu looks much more interesting.

 

We enjoyed the Sabatinis ambience on other ships and expect it to be similar on Coral. Be warned, the serving sizes are huge and there are 4-5 courses. I've learnt to only eat a portion of each course, no matter how yummy it is, so I can get through the whole meal.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

This Sabatinis is a bit different than the others I've been to, it's a Sabatinis Trattoria. Princess changed some of the Sabatinis to Trattorias a couple of years pre-Covid. The original menus looked a bit weird, not traditional Italian, very modern and not very Italian in my opinion. However the current menu looks much more interesting.

 

We enjoyed the Sabatinis ambience on other ships and expect it to be similar on Coral. Be warned, the serving sizes are huge and there are 4-5 courses. I've learnt to only eat a portion of each course, no matter how yummy it is, so I can get through the whole meal.

 

 

Good to know, thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

This Sabatinis is a bit different than the others I've been to, it's a Sabatinis Trattoria. Princess changed some of the Sabatinis to Trattorias a couple of years pre-Covid. The original menus looked a bit weird, not traditional Italian, very modern and not very Italian in my opinion. However the current menu looks much more interesting.

 

We enjoyed the Sabatinis ambience on other ships and expect it to be similar on Coral. Be warned, the serving sizes are huge and there are 4-5 courses. I've learnt to only eat a portion of each course, no matter how yummy it is, so I can get through the whole meal.

 

 

Are you able to tell me where I can view the menu for Sabatinis. Thanks

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, doenbucket said:

Are you able to tell me where I can view the menu for Sabatinis. Thanks

On the Princess website, under On Board Our Ships -> Food & Dining -> Speciality Restaurants. Then scroll down until you see Sabatinis and you can click on a sample menu. It may vary slightly onboard but usually it's mostly the same. You can see the Bayou Cafe menu as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

On the Princess website, under On Board Our Ships -> Food & Dining -> Speciality Restaurants. Then scroll down until you see Sabatinis and you can click on a sample menu. It may vary slightly onboard but usually it's mostly the same. You can see the Bayou Cafe menu as well.

Thanks for that. Had seen it somewhere but couldn't remember where.🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 3:49 PM, CDaze71 said:

No haven't been, but hubby would love it. We are going to wait until we are onboard, and walk past and see if it looks like the ambiance is nice, and a Jazz band playing etc.. I'm not into seafood, but I'm sure I'd find something to eat. 

Gator ribs with Tater tots (a southern delicacy) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/

 

Scroll down to open the PDF menu for the specialty restaurants.

 

I found another document that lists that cruisers in suites can have breakfast in some of the specialty restaurants. I wonder what the menu is like there

Pretty similar to the dining room, but it is more intimate and you don't have to endure the riffraff. 😉

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Pretty similar to the dining room, but it is more intimate and you don't have to endure the riffraff. 😉

That would be the Club Class Minisuite riffraff as suites also dine in this area. 🤣

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Pretty similar to the dining room, but it is more intimate and you don't have to endure the riffraff. 😉

 

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That would be the Club Class Minisuite riffraff as suites also dine in this area. 🤣

I’ll be with the riffraff then 🤣🤣

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sj_cavy said:

 

I’ll be with the riffraff then 🤣🤣

Me too. I would say I prefer it that way, as the clinking of jewellery can be pretty distracting.

 

On many of Royal's ships, the suites get to have breakfast & lunch in Chops Grille. I think breakfast was to order, but lunch was just a quiet area with a plate bought back from the buffet. 

 

On Ovation and the other new ships they have a suites only restaurant called Coastal Kitchen. This was really nice, but just an enhanced dining room menu.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, sj_cavy said:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/

 

Scroll down to open the PDF menu for the specialty restaurants.

 

I found another document that lists that cruisers in suites can have breakfast in some of the specialty restaurants. I wonder what the menu is like there

Last time we were on Coral in a suite,  breakfast was at Sabbatini restaurant.  Menu is different to the restaurant.  Presentation is really good.  You can have mimosas and bloody Mary’s.  The service is normally excellent and it is the best perk of booking a suite along with the laundry for us.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That would be the Club Class Minisuite riffraff as suites also dine in this area. 🤣

Club class minis don’t get the specialty restaurant breakfast, only the full suites.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kenexx said:

Club class minis don’t get the specialty restaurant breakfast, only the full suites.  

Yes, I know. Post #93 referred to not breakfasting with the riffraff, meaning all other passengers, and my post was pointing out that suites only dined with the Club Class riffraff. Just some very tongue in cheek banter.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, arxcards said:

Me too. I would say I prefer it that way, as the clinking of jewellery can be pretty distracting.

 

Oh damn, does that mean I have to go jewellery shopping before my first cruise in a suite?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...