Anyone after a casual job at the new BICT

45 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, Celebrity Century, 6 night cruise to Burnie, Melbourne, Hobart and back to Sydney, crossed the Strait 4 times. We cruised with a large group of friends and family for RosieCanberra's birthday.

Was that where you also had the “ pleasure” of meeting Mr  Gut? 🤔

Edited by gbenjo

18 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Was that where you also had the “ pleasure” of meeting Mr  Gut? 🤔

Yep, lucky wasn’t he? But I knew his sister in law since she was born.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Yep, lucky wasn’t he? But I knew his sister in law since she was born.

Is there an echo in here?

you  were both lucky……meeting me.😂😂😂😂

Edited by gbenjo

9 hours ago, gbenjo said:

No …..Happy just working  for best   😁
I have to wait till October for the “comeback “ 

I just hope a few of the familiar faces at the other brand are still there, and haven't moved on to other things during the shutdown.

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

I just hope a few of the familiar faces at the other brand are still there, and haven't moved on to other things during the shutdown.

I expect some will still be there, others will have moved on, or simply decided to give it away, for many it is a part time gig for interest and “pocket money”. Some will have found another source, others may decide they don’t want to early start, but then there’ll be other like gbenjo who can’t wait to get back at it, (and I’m 1000% his dear wife is looking forward to getting rid of him all day again).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I expect some will still be there, others will have moved on, or simply decided to give it away, for many it is a part time gig for interest and “pocket money”. Some will have found another source, others may decide they don’t want to early start, but then there’ll be other like gbenjo who can’t wait to get back at it, (and I’m 1000% his dear wife is looking forward to getting rid of him all day again).

It will be interesting as to how many of the “old” brigade come back ( from both companies)  There was always a fairly high turnover  of staff from season to season but the two and a half  year pause will have big effect for all the reasons you mentioned. We are all getting older and two years as a couch potato does not help…..the mind is willing but the flesh is weak. Those ten to four wake ups are a killer 😱

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

It will be interesting as to how many of the “old” brigade come back ( from both companies)  There was always a fairly high turnover  of staff from season to season but the two and a half  year pause will have big effect for all the reasons you mentioned. We are all getting older and two years as a couch potato does not help…..the mind is willing but the flesh is weak. Those ten to four wake ups are a killer 😱

Those on wheelchairs better start hitting the gym soon. Not a good look to pull a hammy on the first day back.

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2022 at 10:50 AM, MMDown Under said:

What a great photo of a special birthday.  I didn't know the red carpet treatment was real.  

Mums first cruise & we kept it a secret all the way to the OPT. Grahams carpet made her feel extra special. 
She’s 87 now & still going well

21 hours ago, mr walker said:

Mums first cruise & we kept it a secret all the way to the OPT. Grahams carpet made her feel extra special. 
She’s 87 now & still going well

What a secret!  What wonderful memories!  Good for her.  My MIL who I got travel insurance for a car trip in the USA,  in her 80s, is still going strong at 100 this year.  

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 8:03 AM, gbenjo said:

You get used to it 😁😁…….it is “ normally” a fun job and very interesting..you  get you  to see the “ other side” of cruising and  meet some “ different”  people. This company advertising does all the Carnival lines whereas we do Royal, Celebrity, NCL.
It is a great job for a cruise  “ enthusiast” 👍

Hello gbenjo,

If you dont mind me asking, what is the name of the company you work for? I am interested in working at BICT, have emailed the address listed on the first post 

Brisbane.staffing@akorndmc.com

but have had no response.

Love crusing and would like to get involved.  Thanks

1 hour ago, drewrell said:

Hello gbenjo,

If you dont mind me asking, what is the name of the company you work for? I am interested in working at BICT, have emailed the address listed on the first post 

Brisbane.staffing@akorndmc.com

but have had no response.

Love crusing and would like to get involved.  Thanks

I work for a company called Intercruises. We do the shoreside work for Royal, Celebrity  NCL and a couple of  other “ boutique” lines here in Australia   ( world wide actually) , whereas the Company advertising for staff in Brisbane is Abercrombie and Kent ( unless they have changed their name.) They do all the Carnival brands and a few others (their head office is in Melbourne I believe) I know we have not as yet started to recruit staff for the 2022/23 Sydney season ( let alone Brisbane)  but,  if it is OK with management,  I will post something on CC when appropriate. All I can suggest to you is keep hassling them  and see what happens. Good luck.

20 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I work for a company called Intercruises. We do the shoreside work for Royal, Celebrity  NCL and a couple of  other “ boutique” lines here in Australia   ( world wide actually) , whereas the Company advertising for staff in Brisbane is Abercrombie and Kent ( unless they have changed their name.) They do all the Carnival brands and a few others (their head office is in Melbourne I believe) I know we have not as yet started to recruit staff for the 2022/23 Sydney season ( let alone Brisbane)  but,  if it is OK with management,  I will post something on CC when appropriate. All I can suggest to you is keep hassling them  and see what happens. Good luck.

Great. thankyou