Costa in Marseille

sealynx

I just got back from a MSC Opera cruise from Marseille. When we boarded in Marseille, two Costa ships were also there (and MSC Poesia as well). Both MSC's ships and one Costa ship (I believe the Fascinosa) were docked at the MPCT-terminals. The second Costa ship (I believe the Smeralda) was docked across the bay, near the dry dock (43.35181966705139, 5.320176532684046 coordinates on google maps). I cannot find any information on this part of the port. How to get there? Is there a shuttle? Why used this dock, when others are available? There isn't much information about the Marseille cruise port at all actually. Just in port we found out there is a free bus shuttle from terminal to port entrance and back, this isn't advertised anywhere.

I've gone through Marseille several times. It's not a major port for Costa, although there are (two?) ships parked there waiting return to service. No, there isn't much information and yes, buses are awkward and inconvenient. It's one port where I do use the Costa shuttles.

The port shuttle is new, maybe only because there were so many ships. The RTM transit bus from Joliette Metro has limited service, more designed for port employees, and dropped passengers at the port gate for security check, a long walk to the terminal.