Mobility scooter rental Seattle

kasowell2

Celebrity allows SpecialNeedsatSea.com and scootaround.com personnel to deliver scooters to your room (or just outside check-in if you are in certain ports).    Both these companies basically have the same scooters for rent.   If you go with Scootaround, try this 15% discount code:   USCRUISE    It is from United Spinal Members (you will probably have to actually call and talk to someone at Scootaround to use this code; I've never been able to use it booking directly from their website).

Celebrity will also need to know about any mobility or special needs and they have a form for you to complete.   This link has Celebrity's Access Department contact information:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/special-needs/accessibility

Do you have an accessible stateroom?   Scooters cannot be left in the hall.   

On 5/13/2022 at 8:25 PM, kasowell2 said:

Taking our first Alaskan cruise out of Seattle. Can anyone recommend a company that rents scooters and has them in the ship when we get there. We are sailing Celebrity if that makes a difference 

We used "Scootaround". They specialize in renting scooters and other equipment to vacationers and cruises

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 12:22 PM, kokopelli-az said:

Celebrity allows SpecialNeedsatSea.com and scootaround.com personnel to deliver scooters to your room (or just outside check-in if you are in certain ports).    Both these companies basically have the same scooters for rent.   If you go with Scootaround, try this 15% discount code:   USCRUISE    It is from United Spinal Members (you will probably have to actually call and talk to someone at Scootaround to use this code; I've never been able to use it booking directly from their website).

Celebrity will also need to know about any mobility or special needs and they have a form for you to complete.   This link has Celebrity's Access Department contact information:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/special-needs/accessibility

Thanks for the discount code!  I was able to successfully use it online.

On 5/14/2022 at 12:22 PM, kokopelli-az said:

I just requested quotes from both companies for a one-way rental for 24 nights from Ravenna Italy to Tampa.  Within the quote there is $250 ($10/day) for insurance which seems to be a pretty sizeable chunk (35%) of the total figure.  Your thoughts?

7 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I just requested quotes from both companies for a one-way rental for 24 nights from Ravenna Italy to Tampa.  Within the quote there is $250 ($10/day) for insurance which seems to be a pretty sizeable chunk (35%) of the total figure.  Your thoughts?

People will have differing thoughts on this, but I've never bought the insurance.   

You can remove the automatically-applied insurance if you decide not to have it.    

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2022 at 5:10 PM, goofysmom99 said:

For the price of what they charge for the rental, if you travel a lot it's better to go and buy your own scooter.  Golden Technologies Buzzaround was specifically built for the cruise market and folds down to 13".  Can even fit in a non HC cabin since it's 18.5" wide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGWHQHfltII