What to pack - carry on only - 7 night QLD cruise

On 5/19/2022 at 6:57 PM, Aus Traveller said:

We saw a couple disembarking in Fort Lauderdale with nine full size suitcases, a couple of smaller cases and a suit bag. A porter was wheeling their luggage on a large trolley (about 1.5m x 2m). The ship was returning from a 7-night cruise in the Caribbean. Someone said the couple had been in a suite, but even so, there stuff would have taken up a lot of space.

Wow 

4 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

The 7 night Princess cruise was a good warm up for us as we leave for  our "mad" cruise itinerary in 51 days time: 7 nights to Alaska with HAL, 23 nights transpacific with Carnival, 3 night comedy cruise B2B with 10 nights to PNG on P&O. 
It’s tricky because we need layers and warm clothes for Alaska and might need larger sizes after 43 nights on various ships. 🧁🍰🍦🍨🍔🌭🌮🍕🍟🍗🥓🧆🍲🍿🥟🍳🥞🧇🍩🍮🥧🧀🍽🍞🥐

I will ditch my navy blue trousers and just wear my black suit trousers in the evening without the jacket. I'll take two nice shirts that go with black for evening and alternate them. I only need one formal night shirt to go with my suit and bow tie. Then maybe 4 day shirts (seersucker doesn’t need ironing) and a couple of pairs of shorts. 4 pairs of undies. Socks, pyjamas, swimmers. I'll buy a couple of souvenir T-shirts to wear as my first layer in Alaska and when exercising. I'll also buy washing powder in Seattle as it will be cheaper than on the ship.

I've picked up a couple of fleecy vests from the op shop. At $4 each I can afford to donate them somewhere in Seattle before we do the transpacific. 

Sounds like a plan!

• Like 1

Back in 2017 when we did QM2, Sydney to HK, ship was mostly full of Brits doing the Worldie. A lot of their spare luggage and they had plenty was stored up top in the dog kennel area. As no dogs on board, dogs only travel on Transatlantics.  I had a walk up to the dog area, peered in the windows and suitcases from floor to ceiling, hundreds of them.

Randy-Oliver-Kennel-Masters.thumb.jpg.4f43145a670121d6aee2c28e48e4dbb4.jpg

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Back in 2017 when we did QM2, Sydney to HK, ship was mostly full of Brits doing the Worldie. A lot of their spare luggage and they had plenty was stored up top in the dog kennel area. As no dogs on board, dogs only travel on Transatlantics.  I had a walk up to the dog area, peered in the windows and suitcases from floor to ceiling, hundreds of them.

Randy-Oliver-Kennel-Masters.thumb.jpg.4f43145a670121d6aee2c28e48e4dbb4.jpg

That is interesting.

• Like 1

As for us, even went we went on 3 month trips it was just one suitcase each.  Too heavy taking any more.

I gave up taking tuxedo/dinner suits on cruise ships years ago.   This time on HAL it may be the Lido buffet for me, 24/7 if they do not like my current cruise attire in the MDR.

safari-suit-1970s-fashion-GettyImages-506173899_770-720x379.jpg.9b57ab1a0407952252c3a55a51db5af4.jpg

• Haha 2