National Express bus ticket counter at Heathrow

My friend just let me know the Ticket Office at Heathrow Central bus station has permanently closed.  They say coach services still operate as normal.  

Does anyone here know how you buy tickets upon arrival (if you're not comfortable purchasing online ahead of time)?  Any advice for my friend is appreciated.

The National Express counters seem to be closed at many of the UK airports currently, I can only assume this may be linked to when the Covid pandemic started? 

if you’re not comfortable booking online then you can purchase a ticket directly from the driver on the day, providing there are seats available on the bus journey you’re planning to take. It’s probably advisable to check the bus timing you’re considering via the website at Nationalexpress.com first to ensure there’s seat availability in order to avoid any disappointment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keith46 said:

The National Express counters seem to be closed at many of the UK airports currently, I can only assume this may be linked to when the Covid pandemic started? 

if you’re not comfortable booking online then you can purchase a ticket directly from the driver on the day, providing there are seats available on the bus journey you’re planning to take. It’s probably advisable to check the bus timing you’re considering via the website at Nationalexpress.com first to ensure there’s seat availability in order to avoid any disappointment.

Thanks!  I'll give her all this information.  She may have to just buy their tickets ahead of time online rather than risk a full bus.  Her trip is in a little over 6 weeks from now.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks!  I'll give her all this information.  She may have to just buy their tickets ahead of time online rather than risk a full bus.  Her trip is in a little over 6 weeks from now.

On the National Express website you can purchase a "fully flexible" ticket that allows for cancellation and refunds. It is an additional 5 pounds. Perhaps this would ease your friend's mind. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Red Haired Lady said:

On the National Express website you can purchase a "fully flexible" ticket that allows for cancellation and refunds. It is an additional 5 pounds. Perhaps this would ease your friend's mind. 

Thanks.  I let her know so she can consider this option.

By the way this thread wasn't put here by me.  It was moved last night and I've just asked the moderator to put it in the proper forum.  It's way off geographically!  lol

• Haha 1