Experience with COVID onboard

guerchino

3 hours ago, Vivasea said:

I didnt expect to do this after paying over £10000 to say least I am disappointed this was my 11th cruise with Azamara.  Have always been loyal but have seen big change on these last two cruises.

So you expected someone to come into your room when you were isolating with Covid?  Really?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

The Dr. is isolated to prevent them from contracting Covid and passing it on, or getting sick themselves.  That would be a large problem for the entire ship if Dr is out of comission.

My experience on Pursuit was that the nurse came by every day.  Was this not the case on the Quest?

Also I clean my toilets and change my sheets at home for free.  At least you will get some FCC from Azamara for your experience.  

I am glad you self reported even if you were unhappy about the results. It is the right thing to do.  Thank you.

We saw nurse on day one who tested both of us and following day a different nurse handed m paracetemol.  That was it. I don't change bedding or clean toilet I have help as I am stage 4 cancer patient. 

1 hour ago, marinaro44 said:

So you expected someone to come into your room when you were isolating with Covid?  Really?

I am only giving people my experience I now wish I hadnt

4 hours ago, Vivasea said:

I am sorry that you had such a negative experience, which unfortunately was at odds with the usual Azamara handling of quarantined guests.  It’s just that your expectations once in quarantine were somewhat unrealistic.  It is a ship, not a hospital, and the fare you paid is irrelevant.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vivasea said:

We saw nurse on day one who tested both of us and following day a different nurse handed m paracetemol.  That was it. I don't change bedding or clean toilet I have help as I am stage 4 cancer patient. 

Thanks for telling us your experience. I imagine how bad it felt for you and your husband. We are still both in Quarantine after returning from a cruise. On the last day of the cruise (a Sunday) my husband start coughing. He tested himself and he was negative. After the cruise and already at home his coughing continued (on Monday). He tested at home again and his test was again negative. Two days after returning he tested again and the test came positive (this was on Tuesday). I have tested myself on that day and my test was negative. My husband had COVID confirmed by a labor with a PCR test on Wednesday and he was positive. My test on Wednesday was negative but I have started having symptoms. Two days later (on Friday) my test came also positive. 

We are on quarantine since then. We have tested again yesterday in order to see if we can already leave the quarantine but we were both still positive. For my husband was 10 days after symptoms  started. For me 8 days. So we continue our quarantine at home until we test negative.

We also normally have help at home but the first thing I did was to inform our help. Of course she cannot come until we are not contagious anymore. Isolation means you have to do your cleaning, cooking and whatever is necessary on your own. Fortunately the symptoms get less over time but as long as we are positive we are still contagious and for this reason we do not go out of our house. 

Covid is not an easy thing to get. Plans change, isolation is frustrating and symptoms although „milder“ from the point of view of the doctors, were those of a strong Influenza for me.The problem is that if you have gotten it once, you cannot say now it is over. You can be reinfected several times. This means after covid you have to be again careful. It is a never ending story. We hear more and more in cruise ships again people going on a cruise to spend their days on isolation on their cabins.   Cruise ships have to rethink their safety measures imo and cruisers have to be aware that your risk for getting COVID on a cruise ship is high.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks for telling us your experience. I imagine how bad it felt for you and your husband. We are still both in Quarantine after returning from a cruise. On the last day of the cruise (a Sunday) my husband start coughing. He tested himself and he was negative. After the cruise and already at home his coughing continued (on Monday). He tested at home again and his test was again negative. Two days after returning he tested again and the test came positive (this was on Tuesday). I have tested myself on that day and my test was negative. My husband had COVID confirmed by a labor with a PCR test on Wednesday and he was positive. My test on Wednesday was negative but I have started having symptoms. Two days later (on Friday) my test came also positive. 

We are on quarantine since then. We have tested again yesterday in order to see if we can already leave the quarantine but we were both still positive. For my husband was 10 days after symptoms  started. For me 8 days. So we continue our quarantine at home until we test negative.

We also normally have help at home but the first thing I did was to inform our help. Of course she cannot come until we are not contagious anymore. Isolation means you have to do your cleaning, cooking and whatever is necessary on your own. Fortunately the symptoms get less over time but as long as we are positive we are still contagious and for this reason we do not go out of our house. 

Covid is not an easy thing to get. Plans change, isolation is frustrating and symptoms although „milder“ from the point of view of the doctors, were those of a strong Influenza for me.The problem is that if you have gotten it once, you cannot say now it is over. You can be reinfected several times. This means after covid you have to be again careful. It is a never ending story. We hear more and more in cruise ships again people going on a cruise to spend their days on isolation on their cabins.   Cruise ships have to rethink their safety measures imo and cruisers have to be aware that your risk for getting COVID on a cruise ship is high.

Ivi

I hope you both recover soon.  I was hospitalised with covid last October to get it again on my long awaited return to cruising was such a shock.  I would not wish experience on anyone. I agree with everything you say.  Please stay safe and quick recovery.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Vivasea said:

We greatly appreciate you telling your story. We always read the posts in this thread carefully and learn from others' experience. Posts like yours really help us to see the big picture and decide on how to enjoy our time safely while on the cruise. Many thanks! 🤗

• Like 6