5-19-22 Thursday Weigh-In--- For Everyone Who Wants To Lose Weight Before A Cruise

Belle

We weigh-in once a week on Thursdays

Help us keep track how we're doing during the week

When you weigh-in once a week you can't fool yourself about what you're eating

It will show up on the scale Thursday with a loss or a gain

If you have a loss, you know you're eating what's right for you

If have a gain you know you're not eating the right foods or just eating to much to lose

This site is good to if you just want to maintain the weight your at and not gain

Nice to have others who understand that it is hard to lose and keep it off

Be great to hear others give tips/ask advice on how your trying to lose your weight

W----Welcome
E----Everyone

I----I hope you join us
G----Get and give advice

H----Help each other

T----Talk everyday if you like

L----Losing

O----Our Pounds

S----Seeing the difference

S----Smiling

Belle thanks for a good start to week.   I’ve mentioned this site to several people who’ve been inspired by my loss - not cruisers but great dog park friends.  

Ombud welcome back.  Don’t be depressed — you are realistic we all have high expectations of out selves.  Progress is a roller coaster of ups and downs.

Im maintaining my wt —still within the pre- op range.  Never saw a loss.  I still have belly wrinkles but75% better than pre surgery.   Had 2 month follow-up a bit disappointed what I thought was fluid/puffiness may be residual fat YIKES. He said dreaded liposuction for fine tuning .   We’ll see what things look like in 3 months (I think he is expecting  improvement because he hasn’t done “after”pictures yet).  I’ve developed an allergy to leg anti slip cuff on favorite compression garment.  

My son and his friend who has been staying at my house are leaving for CO Monday my son will return in 3 weeks.   My house will seem soo  empty.  I’ve enjoyed  having Anton my house feels like a home.

Ok. I fully intended for a good start but it's my birthday so I had a panera warm bowl, cookie, and frozen lemonade for dinner. Minimal eating rest of day 

Ombud-Happy Birthday Ombud. Not to bad of a Birthday Dinner. Tomorrow your Birthday will

be over and a new day begins.☀️

Jan--Reason you forget to weigh on Thursdays? Numbers still there the next day.😊

Izena-Be nice if your friends would come in. Help us going on our weight loss. New people

new ideas.  Surprised you didn't lose weight with tummy tuck but you were at goal weight

already. Know you look great

Sorry your house will seem empty for three weeks since you enjoyed having the two there.

I stayed the same. Eating not at the level it should be. Not enough to gain but to much

to lose. Got to get with it--cruises ahead.

Jo-Hope you had a good week.

Everyone try to be extra good this weekend. Plan ahead with your eating and snacking.

That should help us not have a gain during the weekend.  Let's see.

• Like 1

Hey, come on and talk people--miss the talking

I did a fast t all day and just ate a light dinner now, see if this helps.

just been eating too much. Good and bad stuff.

How are you all doing eating wise?  Are your weekends the hardest?

Or any day of the week the hardest?  That's me!😀

Good afternoon.  Not much happening iin my neck of the woods.   Got morning walk in.   Wt stable but snacking too much - just bored.   Food doesn’t taste right — either no taste at all or just a hint of flavor.   Love salt but trying not to use shaker.   Never had Covid but definitely  food is bland  and disappointing.  

expecting rain for a few days - will be nice I’m tired of watering.  

Hope everyone is safe and keeping within calorie range.

Belle I’ve tried  intermittent fasting and a strict keto diet - neither worked for me.  

Izena sorry your bored me too. Have lots of things I could do but don't

want to. Vert sorry about your taste buds, wonder what happen. Hope it comes back soon.

You're so good at walking. Snacking I think is all of our problems Your're doing great at

maintaining.

I usually do low carb and some fasting. Doesn't seem to be working at this time for me.

as it has before. Haven't tried Keto don't think I will.  I know I'm probably just eating to many

calories and not exercising. Eating to late at night, whatever. Got to do better.

Jan how are you? Jo how are you? Ombud how are you? Izena and I kind of down.

You three doing alright?

I know I'm eating better but its not showing up yet. So I need to 'blame' it on something.  Today I pick that I changed my coffee to light roast full caffeine coffee (birthday present from a kid) so maybe i just think I'm eating better but not really. Thursday AM will either be a wake up or sign of relief.  Next cruise in 5 weeks

Belle & Izena, every time I try intermittent fasting I wind up eating too much once I go off it. But I read how others have success with it. Wishing you luck

Hi Jan! 👋

=============/============

This has nothing to do with weight. Absolutely nothing. So I'm putting it here separately.

I've been redoing a large part of my house for a few months now and I'm almost done. I refinished all of the wood cupboards in the kitchen and breakfast room so they are back to their original shape. Also replaced my cooktop (no I didn't install that / I don't mess with electricity). Then I found a solid bamboo flooring that matched my vinyl in those 2 rooms (necessary as there isn't a wall between the kitchen / breakfast / family room). So I replaced the carpeting in my family room continued through to connecting half bath and laundry room repairing termite damage, an uneven subfloor, and water damage behind the washer (all i did on the floors is write the check).

I think against my better judgment I've decided to continue and replace the family room furniture. I'm keeping the pieces that I built which is at this point just the TV stand and my coffee table. Yes I'm going straight through money but I didn't cruise for 2 years so I had money there.

Edited by Ombud

Hi everyone!

I new to this group and I hope you don't mind me jumping in on a Monday. I'm starting Nutrisystem today because I desperately need some structure and I need to remove all decision fatigue from this process. My rough plan is to stick to their program for at least two months and they see how it's going and decide if I want to continue or wean myself off of it and strike out on my own. I've never done a plan like this before, but I feel like it's going to work well for me because I hate weighing and measuring food and trying to estimate isn't working for me. Like so many people, I gained a significant amount of weight during the worst of COVID because I was working from home for two years (and I'm extremely grateful my job allowed for that and I continued to get paid my regular salary), but the weight hasn't been going away and I've been back in the office since last August. On top of COVID times, I'm almost 48 and I think my hormones are changing as I enter perimenopause. I know now is the time to drop the weight before it becomes even more difficult. I would like to lose 33 pounds or fit comfortably into a size 8. My short term goal is to lose 15 pounds before my August 6th cruise. I'd like to wear my summer clothes from last year rather than buying a bunch of casual clothes in a larger size. I'm taking a solo trip to Italy in October that includes a week in Florence and 6 nights on a cruise out of Ravenna and I would really like to be at my goal by then. 

Other than taking almost all decision-making out of my hands, the other reason I want to follow a strict program like this is it will make it possible for me to track every calorie and macro I consume and, if I'm not seeing results, I can take my food diary to a nutritionist and my doctor to show them I am limiting my calories and still not getting anywhere. In the past, I would get hung up on tracking my food because I wouldn't know how to accurately enter something like a homemade casserole and then I would give up. 

I'm glad to have found this group because I need some accountability and community support. My goals for this week are to stick to the plan every day, even though this first week is ROUGH, drink my 64 oz of water, and do at least 15,000 steps per work day (I have a treadmill desk, so this isn't a high number for me). 

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Afternoon All

Ombud you can talk about anything in here, what we do in our lives is who we are

some of the things we do can help us lose or a reason we gain. Or just make us feel good.

I think it's great you're doing all that to your house. I need to do so much to mine

but can't get started, rather take cruises! Hope your having a goid day.

Welcome acruisingperson I'm glad you're joining us. Everyone does their own way of

dieting. Someone in here did your plan and they lost well. Your cruises and trips sounds

wonderful. With Covid stay at home/work from home many people gained. I'm sure

coming in here each Thursday to weigh will help you be accountable. Come in any day and talk.

Know you'll lose some pounds by your cruise in August.

Jan, Jo and Izena how are you today? Not talking, How was your weekend?

My weekend just same o same o. Nothing exciting. Getting hot weather for a few days.

Take care

• Thanks 1

Thanks Belle. Working on the house impacted my weight as it was all fast food for a while. But getting back on track

Welcome Acruisingperson! I think nutrisystem is a great idea!! I did a similar program (weight watchers) which is where I discovered i had no idea what a portion is. Still don't some days 

Ombud  I enjoyed reading about your remodeling  - you sound very talented  and creative..  there is so much more to each of us besides wt and eating.

Acruisingperson (is there a shorter name we can use?). Welcome.  I tried Jenny Craig about 10 years ago at that time I had to go pick up my food.  After two weeks I was doing very well wt wise.  Someone in that office tried to order $600 from avon on my card  idiot forgot to get the 3 digit code from back of card.  Didnt feel safe to go back and manager didn’t seem to care.

I got to my goal wt and have maintained for 6 mos  with the support of this group.   

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Izena said:

Acruisingperson (is there a shorter name we can use?). Welcome.  I tried Jenny Craig about 10 years ago at that time I had to go pick up my food.  After two weeks I was doing very well wt wise.  Someone in that office tried to order $600 from avon on my card  idiot forgot to get the 3 digit code from back of card.  Didnt feel safe to go back and manager didn’t seem to care.

I got to my goal wt and have maintained for 6 mos  with the support of this group.   

Thanks for sharing your story! Please feel free to call me Meghan. Fortunately, I think things have changed a lot since your experience. Now everything is done online and delivered right to my house. It's very convenient. This first week is rough because there is very little food, but next week I'll be adding in more protein and that should make it a little easier. 

I've never actually hit a goal weight so I have no idea how to do maintenance. I'm always gaining or trying to lose. I hope I make it this time and can learn from your experience!

Meghan.   I put most of my wt on between 1996 and 2004  and kept it on until 2019.   I joined this group when I decided my wt affected my  quality  of life and a health scare.  I started on this site in 2019.  In the 2.5 years I’ve been here I reached many goals.  I always focused on small goals.  First get out of the 200s  and get to onederland.  Then it was 10# goals I kept a log of weekly weight (I weigh daily and my wt fluctuates in a 3# range)  monthly goals changed as wt loss slowed.  A goal of 5 lbs was achievable and sometimes it be more .  Eventually it was 3 lbs per month. I never thought when I started I would get below 150.  But I’m now in maintainence with range in the mid 120’s .   With the support of this group I lost 100 lbs.   another goal was to not wear any clothing with an x  thinking just lg would be good here I am in S-M —I don’t like tight clothing.   

I’m glad you have joined us.  All support and encouragement.

Hello All

Meghan good luck on your first week. The 1st week of any diet is hard.

The next week easier since you get more protein. Yes, Izena has been 

so good at losing and maintaining and you can learn from her.

Izena you've done so well. You kept so focus on dieting and your walking

each day and doing great maintaining. We all need to be doing as good as you.

Ombud are you still busy doing things on the house? Read again you built some

of your furniture. Did you take classes or just do it?

Jan where are you? You came in once and not again.

Jo where are you? You didn't come in at all.

Are you two busy or on a cruise. So hard to tell or remember when each of us

go on cruises because we like them and each of us have been doing more of them.

Hope everyone is doing well this week.

Belle, I learned from my dad. He was a DIY type but didn't do everything correctly. When I disconnected an antique phone (circa 1900s) from the house after he died i discovered he hardwired it into the house. Put down the electrical system and phone lines. This was 2004 when everyone still had landlines. What a mess. Also why I don't fuss with electricity

Meghan, sounds like you'll learn 'portion control' real fast. I always struggle with that

Izena, that's quite an accomplishment 

Belle, did I read correctly? You're embarking on a B2b2b2b2b2b this summer?? 1 ship or 2 w/o an overnight stay between??

Edited by Ombud

Good Morning Everyone - I have been reading all the posts and it is so nice to see everyone talking.  

I am currently in Southwest Harbor, Maine - (the quiet side of the island) other side is Bar Harbor.  We are here with DH's brother and sister-in-law - they live in Iowa so it is great for all of us to get together every few years.  We have a timeshare on the island, so it makes it easy and we have beautiful views - love Maine!

I will try to check in later, but, don't think that this will be a week for a loss!!!!  Jan

Hi Guys!

Checking in again.  One more cruise to go before I talk weight😄.  Will be home for over 2 months this summer.  1-2 weeks in a row is the most we have been home since we started back cruising in September.  It has been fun but it is soon time to pay the piper(scale).  Meghan I will be joining you back on my Nutrisystem in June.  I did well with it prior to 16 cruises.  Needless to say the cruise clothes are getting tight again.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I don't get to read every post but do keep up some.  Belle thank you for maintaining the post.  It does seem to help when I am trying....Susan

Hello Everyone

Jan I glad your fine and having a great time with family. The timeshare sounds

so nice. Brother from Iowa how do they like Maine, it's a lot different?

Keep on enjoying.

Susan good to see you in between your cruises and happy you'll be joining

us more. Glad your enjoying all the cruises you had. enjoy your next cruise too.

Ombud nice that you learn how to build from your dad plus others things.  See he

taught you the right and wrong way by example.  Good dad.

I'm taking 6 b2b's on same ship. Some same ports, some different ports and seeing

different glaciers on the 6. Only thig have to change cabins twice. Booked at different

times.  3 cruises same cabin, then next 2 same cabin and then last 1 .

Izena and Meghan hope your having a good day too.

Belle I am on the Discovery Princess June 26th, are you??

Jan, I loved Belle Harbour but felt sorry for the residents. Cruisers sort of overtook the small town

Susan, wow just wow (2021-Sept-btb Edge Oct-Equinox Nov-Equinox Nov-Dec btbtb Summit(100)Dec-Niew Amsterdam

2022-Jan-Niew Statendam, Feb-Constellation, Emerald Princess,Mar-Apr-btb Reflection Apr-Apex May-Caribbean Princess, May-Equinox Sept-Sensation, Nov-Enchanted Princess)