I'm RUNNING to the ship!

Cruise Cat

hi all,

had a somewhat good week last week - i got to the gym and got good workouts in every day that i was there. i am quite a ways off of my target, but i'm going to do what i can and hopefully catch up to a reasonable distance by the time we cruise. after we get back, the journey will continue! so far:

Week Ending April 22, 2006

Total Miles Logged - 43.18

Total Calories Burned - 3351

Miles to Go Before Cruise - 160.82

Miles to Go Total - 4345.82

keep up the good work, everyone! hope you get back on track soon, cruise cat!

jocey

2.5 miles yesterday. Supposed to rain all day today. I hope it breaks about 3 so I can get it done before the boys come home at 4. I love it. I am so surprised that it is not harder. Yes my muscles hurt, I expected that. I also have my toes pointed to the sky most of the time, because I can feel the shin splints starting. That part is not easy or fun. What is good is how far I am running without walking. I did lose shape over the winter, but not as much as I thought I would.

I am running 5 minutes and walking one. I am going to keep up that pattern until I am out for an hour at a time. Then I will, hopefully, slowly drop to running the entire distance.

Just did my two and a half miles. Someone remind me how much I love this. I was out there today chugging along, slower than last summer (I would expect that) thinking there's not a way in the world I am going to get back i shape enough to race this summer.

Nliedel just focus on how your doing now, and try not to compare yourself to last summer. Look at the progress you've made since you've started this time. You'll be ablt to run your race! ;)

Couldn't agree more. I would go nuts if I compared myself right now to my past. I can't run yet and have to take it easy on the walking. So, I have to watch what I eat and am lifting upper body. Just concentrate and focus on what you are going to do today while also developing a general plan for the next two days. Focus, Focus, Focus. Back to my dinner (shredded wheat with splenda).

Hello! I've been crazy busy this week. My hubby was out of town and I decided to paint our bedroom while he was out, great thing is...he loves it!! :D Thought I'd log my progress. Everyone keep it up!

Started: 4/18/06

Cruise: 10/1/06

Total: 30.15

To go: 506.2

Starting to get back on track. Lifted upper body and best of all did 1 mile walking on treadmill with a 1.0 incline!!!! Had to resit the temptation to jog. I will not jog until mid-may and will not run until June 1. Watching what I eat also. Because of my injury and slow recovery, I have reset my goal to 500 miles.

OVERALL TOTALS

Cruise Booked: 2/26/2006

Cruise Date: 8/27/2006

Miles Logged: 21.75

Miles to Go: 478.25

Days Left: 120

hi all,

week ending april 29 was better than the previous few weeks...i think that i may be able to stay on my original targets because i've started biking to work and it is a couple of miles round trip. also, some of my extracurriculars have ended for the summer and that frees up more time for the gym and bike rides!

Week Ending April 29, 2006

Total Miles Logged - 59.52

Total Calories Burned - 4840

Miles to Go Before Cruise - 144.48

Miles to Go Total - 4329.48

ngl - what colour did you paint the bedroom? we are in the process of painting our entire house (we are sick of the builder's beige!!!)

cruisecat - don't get discouraged...before you know it, you'll be right back at it and will have forgotten all about the injury!

jocey

elotfan-it's a Kilz color, called dried fava. I have no clue what fava is, but it's like a sage green. It's a very relaxing and calming color. I had builders beige in that room too. It's just drab. Good luck with your house.

Did four walking laps around the neighborhood this evening. That is at least 1 mile. Concentrating on walking, sit-ups (bought new board last week), and watching what I eat. Since we don't care about pounds on this thread;) I will say though that the amount of room in my jeans is increasing!

Don't think I am as near over the injury as thought as I had to do an impromptu jog back to the car the other day to retrieve something before it got stolen off the bumper. (where I left my radio). The pain is still there when I jog and I know there is a major strength deficit between the legs as measured by pushing on back of heal (used machine at gym to judge this). So, my new plan is to fully concentrate on walking, lifting, and eating right, up through the cruise. I am not even going to attempt running. After the cruise, if that is still a problem, I will go get it looked at since from what I read and what I think it is, surgery is about the only sure option.

Concentrating on what I can do!

OVERALL TOTALS

Miles Logged: 22.75

Miles to Go: 477.25

Days Left: 116

I did 3 walking miles on the treadmill, 1.0 incline. Lifted and did some crunches.

OVERALL TOTALS

Miles Logged: 25.75

Miles to Go: 474.25

Days Left: 115

Well, i'm throwing in the towel and getting my gym membership re-activated tomorrow morning. I had lost weight since January when I started working out at home and watching what i was eating, but I have hit a plateau. I have not gained anything, which is a great thing, but I also haven't been able to lose anymore. i also have not been able to tone as i would like to. hopefully this will get the job done. Now i just need to convince myself every morning that it's a good idea to get up earlier than I have been. hopefully this does the trick, but if not, i'll at least be keeping myslef fit.:o

Cardio + weights = better bod. Don't hit me. It's true.

I have been so bad about updating my miles. Yesterday I ran three miles. Today I managed 2.5. The darn dog got hot and tired. I had to turn back. Tomorrow am I'm putting in two miles and tomorrow night Connie comes out of the shed! Yes, I named my bike. I am so excite to ride again. I cannot tell you.

Yeah, I know that cardio and weights will help me get over this hump. I felt great while I was running this morning. And hopefully this will help me to start sleeping better too.

Start date 4/18/06

Cruise Date 10/1/06

Miles logged:48.87

Miles to go: 487.48

Yeah, I know that cardio and weights will help me get over this hump. I felt great while I was running this morning. And hopefully this will help me to start sleeping better too.

The more I exercise, the less I sleep. I don't seem to need as much. Last night was a joke tho, I think I had three hours. Ick. I am dragging my hind end today.

hi all,

sounds like everyone is keeping to a good pace, and working to the best of their ability. the week ending may 6th was another good one for me. once again biking to work is really helping me with the miles logged! i think that i will have to add a morning bike ride into my summer routine when i'm off from work!!!

Week ending May 6th, 2006

Total Miles Logged - 80.80

Total Calories Burned - 5421

Miles to Go Before Cruise - 123.20

Miles to Go Total - 4308.20

keep up the good work, everyone!!!

jocey

well, day 2 at the gym and it's working. At least to make me sleep. I'm sore and TIRED!! I'm going to keep this up though, just need to convince myself every morning that the snooze button is a BAD idea!! :rolleyes:

well, day 2 at the gym and it's working. At least to make me sleep. I'm sore and TIRED!! I'm going to keep this up though, just need to convince myself every morning that the snooze button is a BAD idea!! :rolleyes:

You're now aquainted with DOMS, or Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. Tragically the cure is to move. Which means when you hurt? Take two painkillers and go back the gym. Stinks, but it never lasts long.

No more snooze for you! :D

Well, I was a slacker and decided that a day of rest would do me good, and it has. I slept in a little and I've felt like a million bucks all day long. I feel ready to hit the gym in the morning! And I didn't want to over do it the first week in and get a bad taste in my mouth and not want to go at all!

Been busy, busy busy, so hard to find the time to work out. Got 1 walking mile in on Monday and 5, yes 5 miles tonight. I am praying for no pain after I make it to work tomorrow with the long drive.

OVERALL TOTALS

Miles Logged: 31.75

Miles to Go: 468.25

Days Left: 108

I did 5 more miles today on the treadmill at 1.0 incline. They were fast walking miles with one-half mile of a slow jog (5.0)!!!!!! The leg is getting stronger without pain!!!! I had to so resist running; but, I know better. Maybe next month I will start actual running or jogging on street.

OVERALL TOTALS

Miles Logged: 36.75

Miles to Go: 462.25

Days Left: 106

Progress, Progress! Five more walking miles on the treadmill today. Didn't try to jog though. Tomorrow will be a rest day, and then Monday night will be next workout. I may do a little jogging then since it is the day after my rest day. Taking it slow and steady...

OVERALL TOTALS

Miles Logged: 41.75

Miles to Go: 458.25

Days Left: 105