Amsterdam Taxi

Yes, lots of taxis. However depending how many passengers need a cab at the same time, you might have to wait in line.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 11:07 PM, Ine said:

Yes, lots of taxis. However depending how many passengers need a cab at the same time, you might have to wait in line.

Idea of price from AMS to Banks Mansion

Banks Mansion to port

Port to AMS

Thanks you so much.

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

Idea of price from AMS to Banks Mansion

Banks Mansion to port

Port to AMS

Thanks you so much.

If you go to the website I gave you you can easily check all those rates yourself. You will see chapters like Taxi in Amsterdam, taxi from Schiphol airport, taxi to Schiphol airport.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ine said:

If you go to the website I gave you you can easily check all those rates yourself. You will see chapters like Taxi in Amsterdam, taxi from Schiphol airport, taxi to Schiphol airport.

Any difference in price if we just go to the taxi line without reserving one?...I'll assume they'll be lined up waiting...right...regardless of the locations we'll be needing them?

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

Any difference in price if we just go to the taxi line without reserving one?...I'll assume they'll be lined up waiting...right...regardless of the locations we'll be needing them?

Oficialy it should be the same, however sometimes  cabdrivers try or will to overcharge when more people are waiting in line. Also check with your hotel about this.

At the airport be sure to take an offical cab at the stand outside, often "cowboy drivers"will offer their service inside the terminal. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Website Ine listed is quoting me 67 euro. Other pre-books I have seen cost 50 euro for a 3 passenger sedan to 56 euro for a 6 pax minivan. All quotes were for 2 passengers. I'm looking at the end of august, AMS to Movenpick.

12 hours ago, eppler said:

On the map it looks easy to walk to the central train station.  Is that reasonable to do or are there issues that I can't see?

Yes it is walkable, just keep walking along the water and enter the station through the northern entrance. Depending your luggage of course.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Larainerenee said:

Silly question... When booking a taxi online, do you give the arrival time of your flight and they add the time for luggage pick up and clearing customs or do I do it in the booking?,

If they know your flightnumber they know when to be there.  Even in case of delay. 

On 5/22/2022 at 9:46 AM, Ine said:

I went to this website and booked. I had a few questions and emailed them from the contact link on their website; no response. I received a pdf confirmation from them in Dutch and asked for a translation. No response. I tried emailing the address on the website; address bounced back. I was concerned about not hearing back so I booked with another company. They are 42eros from airport to the Marriott.

1 minute ago, Larainerenee said:

I went to this website and booked. I had a few questions and emailed them from the contact link on their website; no response. I received a pdf confirmation from them in Dutch and asked for a translation. No response. I tried emailing the address on the website; address bounced back. I was concerned about not hearing back so I booked with another company. They are 42eros from airport to the Marriott.

sorry to read this. Maybe their english is not so good after all. Have a good trip.

4 hours ago, Larainerenee said:

just my suggestion and I hope you donot mind, that you could ask us (a few dutch members of CC react on those pages) for a translation of the contents of te pdf.   Enjoy your stay in Amsterdam and your cruise!

I think we'll just rely on getting a taxi from AMS to our hotel and not worry about pre-booking transportation. I understand completely to go to the taxi line to do this just as we've done at many International airports.

18 hours ago, MAVIP said:

just my suggestion and I hope you donot mind, that you could ask us (a few dutch members of CC react on those pages) for a translation of the contents of te pdf.   Enjoy your stay in Amsterdam and your cruise!

Sure....

Informatie “Call en Go” aankomstservice.
Na landing van je vlucht kan het zijn dat je nog op je bagage moet wachten of
dat je nog andere zaken moet regelen; b.v. shoppen, telefoongesprekken moet
voeren of andere bezigheden.
Heb je je taxi nodig hebt dan dien je de volgende stappen te ondernemen:
1. Je loopt naar vertrekhal 3 (dat wordt door borden aangegeven)
2. Ga met de lift, trap of roltrap naar vertrekhal 3
3. Bel met ons algemene 24/7 telefoonnummer: +31(0)638514288
4. Meld onze operator je naam en bestemming
5. Begeef je naar de uitgang bij deur C en wacht binnen.
Binnen maximaal 15 minuten vanaf je bericht aan ons komt er een
chauffeur je ophalen.
Let op dat je klaar staat aangezien er slechts enkele minuten zijn
toegestaan voor het laden/lossen van passagiers.
Het team van AMSTERDAM TAXI bedankt je voor het in ons gestelde
vertrouwen.

5 hours ago, Larainerenee said:

Sure....

Informatie “Call en Go” aankomstservice.
Na landing van je vlucht kan het zijn dat je nog op je bagage moet wachten of
dat je nog andere zaken moet regelen; b.v. shoppen, telefoongesprekken moet
voeren of andere bezigheden.
Heb je je taxi nodig hebt dan dien je de volgende stappen te ondernemen:
1. Je loopt naar vertrekhal 3 (dat wordt door borden aangegeven)
2. Ga met de lift, trap of roltrap naar vertrekhal 3
3. Bel met ons algemene 24/7 telefoonnummer: +31(0)638514288
4. Meld onze operator je naam en bestemming
5. Begeef je naar de uitgang bij deur C en wacht binnen.
Binnen maximaal 15 minuten vanaf je bericht aan ons komt er een
chauffeur je ophalen.
Let op dat je klaar staat aangezien er slechts enkele minuten zijn
toegestaan voor het laden/lossen van passagiers.
Het team van AMSTERDAM TAXI bedankt je voor het in ons gestelde
vertrouwen.

` Information about our call and go service:  After landing it could be uo have to wait for your luggage or have other things to do, like shopping, telephone calls or other business.... 

When you need your taxi/cab, the following steps: 

1. walk to departure 3 (follow signs)
  2. Take elevator, stairs etc tot departure 3
  3. Call our general 24/7 telephone number _31 (0)638514288
  4. Tell our operator your name and destination
  5. Go to exit at door C en wait inside    Within max 15 minutes after your telephone message a driver will arrive.  Take care to be ready as only a few minutes parking are permitted . The team of AMSTERDAM TAXI thanks you for your trust in our company` 

JMO: Reading the contents of the message of Amsterdam Taxi: If I were you I would just follow the advice of @Ashland#19   of just stick to your reservation with the other company as you mention in #16.    

On 5/25/2022 at 1:05 AM, Ine said:

Oficialy it should be the same, however sometimes  cabdrivers try or will to overcharge when more people are waiting in line. Also check with your hotel about this.

At the airport be sure to take an offical cab at the stand outside, often "cowboy drivers"will offer their service inside the terminal. 

Ine, Are Uber drivers allowed to pick up and drop off at the airport? 

4 hours ago, Scout977 said:

Ine, Are Uber drivers allowed to pick up and drop off at the airport? 

They are but not at the terminal. As far as I know they pick up at or near the parking area at the Sheraton airport hotel. 

On 7/3/2022 at 4:11 PM, MAVIP said:

` Information about our call and go service:  After landing it could be uo have to wait for your luggage or have other things to do, like shopping, telephone calls or other business.... 

5. Go to exit at door C en wait inside    Within max 15 minutes after your telephone message a driver will arrive.  Take care to be ready as only a few minutes parking are permitted . The team of AMSTERDAM TAXI thanks you for your trust in our company` 

JMO: Reading the contents of the message of Amsterdam Taxi: If I were you I would just follow the advice of @Ashland#19   of just stick to your reservation with the other company as you mention in #16.    

On 7/3/2022 at 4:11 PM, MAVIP said:

Thank you !!

On 7/4/2022 at 12:09 AM, Larainerenee said:

Sure....

Information “Call and Go” arrival service.
After your flight has landed, you may still have to wait for your luggage or
arrange other things; eg shopping, making phone
calls or other activities.
If you need your taxi, you must take the following steps:
1. Walk to departure hall 3 (which is indicated by signs)
2. Take the elevator, stairs or escalator to departure hall 3
3. Call our general 24/ 7 telephone number: +31(0)638514288
4. Report your name and destination to our operator
. 5. Go to the exit at door C and wait inside. A driver will pick you up
within a maximum of 15 minutes from your message to us .

Please be ready as only a few minutes are
allowed for loading/unloading passengers.
The AMSTERDAM TAXI team would like to thank you for the
trust you have placed in us.

For future reference if you need to translate, right click in the text and a pop box will appear. Just click on English and it will be translated. No need to select text, just right click in it anywhere This is what I did to your post quoted here to turn it into English.