Jump to content

Virgin Cruises and Branson


Recommended Posts

Thanks

I've booked a couple, couldn't resist living dangerously and they are departing Melbourne.   Now I just need some hair dye and botox!  Might be the silliest thing I have done.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Snoopkat said:

I've watched a few ship tour videos on YouTube and it is tempting to book their MerMaiden cruise...

That is the first one we have booked.  Looking at is as a trial before doing B2Bs in February 2024.  Son wants to know if he still has to go in February if he doesn't like it.  I am sure he will love it - he is young enough.  Me - I'm a dinousaur.  Still the hammock looks very inviting. 

 

I have watched many Youtube reviews and the more I see the more it interests me.  Food looks great and as long as you don't get a cabin near any entertainment areas it should be ok - although first voyage out of Aust - mmmmm.

 

I am wondering where Port Prince is though!!  TA who I booked with told me that the Virgin rep she dealt with thought the Tasman Sea was a lake in Tasmania.  What could possibly go wrong.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Ondine said:

That is the first one we have booked.  Looking at is as a trial before doing B2Bs in February 2024.  Son wants to know if he still has to go in February if he doesn't like it.  I am sure he will love it - he is young enough.  Meh - I'm a dinousaur.  Still the hammock looks very inviting. 

 

I have watched many Youtube reviews and the more I see the more it interests me.  Food looks great and as long as you don't get a cabin near any entertainment areas it should be ok - although first voyage out of Aust - mmmmm.

 

I am wondering where Port Prince is though!!  TA who I booked with told me that the Virgin rep she dealt with thought the Tasman Sea was a lake in Tasmania.  What could possibly go wrong.

Tell you son there is something to appeal to everyone on cruises.  I took both my daughters on cruises which they enjoyed, but had no desire to cruise again.  Both are frequent travellers.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I am wondering where Port Prince is though!!  TA who I booked with told me that the Virgin rep she dealt with thought the Tasman Sea was a lake in Tasmania.  What could possibly go wrong.

The media guru probably had Prince Phillip on the brain when writing the spin. Port Prince, Port Phillip they won't notice the difference. Fair to say, the literature is created in head office and not locally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Their call centre is in Guatemala.  I have been assured they are nice people to deal with though.  Went with a TA because you cannot pick your cabins on the website and wanted to be sure where I was situated.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Booked the Mermaiden voyage, decided on a Rock Star Suite. Still have 2 cruises to do with RCCL next season,however Virgins onboard package looks the goods. My TA told me that this cruise is selling fast Dicky Branson certainly can create anew vibe in cruising. Botox and hair dye and away we go.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Don't you have to be under 60 years of age to go on Branson's new ship? That wipes out 90% of Cruise Critic members.🤣

 

Come sail with Holland America, get some grey hair dye, a zimmer frame, a scooter and 'Savor the Journey.' 😁

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We told them we were 40, OK we lied Les but had to try and hang on to some youth. No more zipping down the A13 to Souf End on Mud or 24 hour Flights to Europe. 😊 Gunner miss those great Bitters and Porters and the Pork Pies, so hoping Dicky will fill the hole. The DARK SIDE to which i have been loyal seems to have lost the plot. 100 AUD TO dine at Chops!!! Madness. Ok Les if you have a spare Scooter send it to Station Pier lol.😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, beatleman said:

We told them we were 40, OK we lied Les but had to try and hang on to some youth. No more zipping down the A13 to Souf End on Mud or 24 hour Flights to Europe. 😊 Gunner miss those great Bitters and Porters and the Pork Pies, so hoping Dicky will fill the hole. The DARK SIDE to which i have been loyal seems to have lost the plot. 100 AUD TO dine at Chops!!! Madness. Ok Les if you have a spare Scooter send it to Station Pier lol.😁

Same here mate, no more flights to LHR, picking up a rental car and heading onto the M25 and A12  and A13.  No more chips with curry sauce or Premier Inn at Sarfend or Toby Carvery's lol.  I was born in Essex you know, Colchester Military Hospital actually, I was transported to the Colony in 66.  That is 1966, not 1866.😂Still got my uniform, lol.  Not graduated to Scooters, yet.

th.jpg.b6200b1929e46f287e36ba4751a31a59.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, beatleman said:

Booked the Mermaiden voyage, decided on a Rock Star Suite. Still have 2 cruises to do with RCCL next season,however Virgins onboard package looks the goods. My TA told me that this cruise is selling fast Dicky Branson certainly can create anew vibe in cruising. Botox and hair dye and away we go.

 

What type of Rock Star Suite have you booked?  Have seen several videos of various ones.  Some at the back have problems with the noise late at night coming from the Terrace when they open their balcony doors.  Probably ok if you are up high.  Some have glass doors to the bathrooms!!!!!!

 

Watched this video last night but it is not the only one I have seen.  The suites at the front seem more luxurious.  There are so many different types.

 

We just have a balcony, sorry Sea Terrace, booked on deck 13.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LC1950 said:

If you are going to book the Rock Star suite I hope you enjoy the amenity kit with included condoms. 😂😂😂

That is why you have to be under 60, 🤣

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, LC1950 said:

If you are going to book the Rock Star suite I hope you enjoy the amenity kit with included condoms. 😂😂😂

Took a while but you guessed the real reason for the Rock Star suit, along with the "Medical Cabinet" way to go .😋

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Ondine said:

 

What type of Rock Star Suite have you booked?  Have seen several videos of various ones.  Some at the back have problems with the noise late at night coming from the Terrace when they open their balcony doors.  Probably ok if you are up high.  Some have glass doors to the bathrooms!!!!!!

 

Watched this video last night but it is not the only one I have seen.  The suites at the front seem more luxurious.  There are so many different types.

 

We just have a balcony, sorry Sea Terrace, booked on deck 13.

 

Sweet Aft Suite, the Balcony is big enough to park the car. Do you like the "Medicine Cabinet" supplied free. All small suites have been booked on this sailing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While these look to be pitched to a younger crowd, there a plenty of cruisers that have an attraction to anything Virgin for nearly 50 years, since Tubular Bells launched Virgin records. I get the feeling there will be lots of under 30's and lots 55+

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, beatleman said:

Sweet Aft Suite, the Balcony is big enough to park the car. Do you like the "Medicine Cabinet" supplied free. All small suites have been booked on this sailing.

 

 

Looks great and the medicine cabinet will sure ease any problems.  At least the bathroom door doesn't face directly into the bedroom like the corner suites.  Not sure about the porthole!!!  Boy what  a balcony.  You could probably fit my Sea Terrace whole room on it.  Hope we get some decent weather so you can use it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 3:27 PM, NSWP said:

Same here mate, no more flights to LHR, picking up a rental car and heading onto the M25 and A12  and A13.  No more chips with curry sauce or Premier Inn at Sarfend or Toby Carvery's lol.  I was born in Essex you know, Colchester Military Hospital actually, I was transported to the Colony in 66.  That is 1966, not 1866.😂Still got my uniform, lol.  Not graduated to Scooters, yet.

th.jpg.b6200b1929e46f287e36ba4751a31a59.jpg

 Mrs Beat was a Chelmsford lass before being deported to Oz, only a 5 Iron from your domain.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, beatleman said:

 Mrs Beat was a Chelmsford lass before being deported to Oz, only a 5 Iron from your domain.

Essex County Cricket Ground @ Chelmsford.  No more Jellied Eels, Cockles or Whelks at ye olde Leigh on Sea either. No more walks on the longest pier either.  Sad that. Big 5 Iron Chelmsford to Colchester lol.

 

I have a half sister at Thundersley and a few cousins dotted around that area and Sarfend on Mud. I have been to see them 3 or 4 times in the past 18 years since retirement.

Edited by NSWP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Essex County Cricket Ground @ Chelmsford.  No more Jellied Eels, Cockles or Whelks at ye olde Leigh on Sea either. No more walks on the longest pier either.  Sad that. Big 5 Iron Chelmsford to Colchester lol.

 

I have a half sister at Thundersley and a few cousins dotted around that area and Sarfend on Mud. I have been to see them 3 or 4 times in the past 18 years since retirement.

Lovely oval Essex CCG, have you forgotten those outstanding Oysters from The Company Shed West Mersea or the lovely Jams from Tiptree YUM!😋 Maybe a 4 Wood would be a better club selection lol😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 8:22 AM, NSWP said:

Come sail with Holland America, get some grey hair dye, a zimmer frame, a scooter and 'Savor the Journey.' 😁

That sounds more like my one and only (Sea) Princess cruise. Never seen so many walking frames, scooters and oxy bottles on a single cruise.😵

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, beatleman said:

Lovely oval Essex CCG, have you forgotten those outstanding Oysters from The Company Shed West Mersea or the lovely Jams from Tiptree YUM!😋 Maybe a 4 Wood would be a better club selection lol😁

Essex Hullbridge boy here, my first cruise was on the river Crouch, but now 60 years in Australia.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Announcement: Sail with Marella Cruises ~ Sponsored by Marella Cruises
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Princess Cruises - Medallion Masters!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...