Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

15 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I've just now finished going all the way back through the entire "review", and I've tabulated the names for the official, traditional "Thank You List"... Without YOU, the readers, I would have absolutely no reason at all to do this. It's the feedback that I receive from y'all that makes it ALL WORTHWHILE... This back to back sailing had a few ups and downs, but mostly "ups"... I had a great time, and can't wait until my next cruise, this time upon Carnival's brand new Celebration in December. Without further adieu, I would like to thank the following readers (In order of first appearance) 

ceilidh1, MzShae, Hogladyrider, pbxtech, canes20, Shaded Lady, mopedmom1, adam3313, TravelGirlinDallas, Big Nance, figmentfreak, scaught, britincanada, Jamman54, Greenpea2, mkcurran, Summerbum1221, BohJang, rwest898, blarko, Hooked!, HeyJut, odie1024, AKR2011, jimbri, cruiser147147, Slainte57, FFMilesJunkie, ociana, 30palms, purpleally, indygirl76, ninjacat123, Falconrunner26, LeeRB, jbhcw, Cherries Jubilee, Basic Sailor, ZoeyVictoria, aztekpm, CallistaSkye, bontx33, cml4958, K1mmyD, AmyJA, kpark895, cruisin*tigger, Cscomedygrl, hyerpraise, luvcruzing, catgags, prffd28, WhiteOptima, Webecruzen, Sea Viewer, nccruzencouple, fethiyden, Lady Hudson, Zignewt, WhyWeCruise, cementhands, CelticMCO, Senators Fan, broberts, atanac, mommio, KmomChicago, Prnsessmoi, janbear, Saint Greg, RenoNanaOz, jchipgcs, balcony bound, Putter23, drewdawg199, LibratPDX, lilchuckie, ReneeFLL, alrico1608, keels81, _tacocat_, Von & John, Flamma, pretty princess, DandytheCop, crewsweeper, lazydayz, kelkel2, JustAPilot, Roel94, saunalick, 300dtc, Cairns Cruisers, arizdback, Sadebud, CarrieAP, wynkys, hgalls56, Travelicious, JGmf, Ken076, karriec, Rd4sun2, MikeandRon, MalleyCat, LincolnLegend, jmklade, Milly1966, newdestination, peteandpris, az4ship, shark fan, 4ptjo, doctork, Black Magic, HOA55, Chrish2, and jldixon62...

Plus - you have lots of readers who don't always post. 🙂 Great review!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

Plus - you have lots of readers who don't always post. 🙂 Great review!

This is true!... In my haste to get the thank you list published, I completely neglected to thank ALL of the LURKERS!... Though unknown to me, you're still a HUGE part of this as well!!!...

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Another late arrival here. I visited the VV board for the first time a couple of days ago and have been devouring your report on and off ever since. Thanks for all the time and effort you spent taking us along! It was so much fun following along with your adventures, and I especially Ioved all the food and bev photos and descriptions. The food certainly looks like it's in a different league compared to typical cruise fare. That, along with the no kids policy, has me super interested. I looked at options for a milestone anniversary trip next September, but the 4 and 5-day Bahamas/Caribbean itineraries don't thrill me. I'd like to be on the ship on our actual anniversary, which would mean the Dominican Daze itinerary. We just went to the DR for the first time on NCL's Breakaway a few weeks ago, and I can't say I'm in a big hurry to go back. And I would be crushed if we missed Bimini for some reason.

I'm sorry if I missed this, but which margarita on the ship ended up being your favorite? And which margarita was the best of the trip (including the ones you had in Miami)?

Here's a photo of your Lady that I took while Breakaway was turning around to head out on May 22.

image.thumb.jpeg.0684b105472cf576161322b12bde7c3a.jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Another late arrival here. I visited the VV board for the first time a couple of days ago and have been devouring your report on and off ever since. Thanks for all the time and effort you spent taking us along! It was so much fun following along with your adventures, and I especially Ioved all the food and bev photos and descriptions. The food certainly looks like it's in a different league compared to typical cruise fare. That, along with the no kids policy, has me super interested. I looked at options for a milestone anniversary trip next September, but the 4 and 5-day Bahamas/Caribbean itineraries don't thrill me. I'd like to be on the ship on our actual anniversary, which would mean the Dominican Daze itinerary. We just went to the DR for the first time on NCL's Breakaway a few weeks ago, and I can't say I'm in a big hurry to go back. And I would be crushed if we missed Bimini for some reason.

I'm sorry if I missed this, but which margarita on the ship ended up being your favorite? And which margarita was the best of the trip (including the ones you had in Miami)?

Here's a photo of your Lady that I took while Breakaway was turning around to head out on May 22.

image.thumb.jpeg.0684b105472cf576161322b12bde7c3a.jpeg

Thanks for reading! It took me a few days to find someone to make me a real good margarita, but once I found "my guy", I would just go to whatever bar he was working at... (Extra Virgin and On The Rocks Bar) Overall, a couple that I had on the ground in Key West and Miami were great as well. It's safe to say that I'll travel far and wide in search of a great marg... (The best, by the way, are in Cozumel)

• Like 2

Sid, so that none of your cheering squad doesn't miss it, do you mind

mentioning the date for your next trip/review this year on Carnival.

I want to make a note on my calendar as a reminder.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Thanks for reading! It took me a few days to find someone to make me a real good margarita, but once I found "my guy", I would just go to whatever bar he was working at... (Extra Virgin and On The Rocks Bar) Overall, a couple that I had on the ground in Key West and Miami were great as well. It's safe to say that I'll travel far and wide in search of a great marg... (The best, by the way, are in Cozumel)

Yes, a good bartender makes all the difference! It's amazing how a drink with just a few ingredients can taste so different depending on who's making it. I know you mentioned that you like your margaritas with Grand Marnier, but I am solidly Team Cointreau. 🙂 Looking forward to your next report!

• Like 1

I'm going to go back in the next few days and re-read the whole thing. I may be on page 61 (!!!) now, but my problem was that I had my own 11 day vacation and live review that pretty much overlapped yours. I had to follow from my phone (annoying IMHO how photo-heavy posts load) and I am certain that more than once I hit the double arrow right icon instead of the next icon thus bypassing large swaths of good times, Rare Sid style. I was one of the people who tried to campaign for the badge for you, early on when you mentioned it, tagging an admin in a post which someone replied to by telling me who to email to state my case, which I didn't get back to until after you had the badge. I know there were other Sid Pro Quo champions out there doing the same. 

Thanks for posting your thank you note. That is a nice touch and something I hadn't considered. I do make a point to like or respond to every contribution.  I've been super busy since getting home a week ago but I will likely find some stuff to quote and comment on (cleverly, of course), so you're not rid of me yet!!

Anyhoo, blah blah blah, back to you. . . not only was this a very thorough, good review of a ship and line most of us haven't sampled, but as has been noted the most satisfying thing is that you seem HAPPY.  You enjoyed the voyage which is, let's face it, sort of the point of a voyage in the first place, amirite?  You got some great food, and we all know you like some great food. Drinkies did their job.

You were in a bit of a funk during the preceding months as witnessed over at The Tribe and given our druthers, I'm speaking on behalf of everyone and saying we'd rather you were a happy guy living a happy life. It's a real pleasure to feel your upbeat vibe. THANK YOU!

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

I'm going to go back in the next few days and re-read the whole thing. I may be on page 61 (!!!) now, but my problem was that I had my own 11 day vacation and live review that pretty much overlapped yours. I had to follow from my phone (annoying IMHO how photo-heavy posts load) and I am certain that more than once I hit the double arrow right icon instead of the next icon thus bypassing large swaths of good times, Rare Sid style. I was one of the people who tried to campaign for the badge for you, early on when you mentioned it, tagging an admin in a post which someone replied to by telling me who to email to state my case, which I didn't get back to until after you had the badge. I know there were other Sid Pro Quo champions out there doing the same. 

Thanks for posting your thank you note. That is a nice touch and something I hadn't considered. I do make a point to like or respond to every contribution.  I've been super busy since getting home a week ago but I will likely find some stuff to quote and comment on (cleverly, of course), so you're not rid of me yet!!

Anyhoo, blah blah blah, back to you. . . not only was this a very thorough, good review of a ship and line most of us haven't sampled, but as has been noted the most satisfying thing is that you seem HAPPY.  You enjoyed the voyage which is, let's face it, sort of the point of a voyage in the first place, amirite?  You got some great food, and we all know you like some great food. Drinkies did their job.

You were in a bit of a funk during the preceding months as witnessed over at The Tribe and given our druthers, I'm speaking on behalf of everyone and saying we'd rather you were a happy guy living a happy life. It's a real pleasure to feel your upbeat vibe. THANK YOU!

Thanks, Kmom:) It does look like I got back into my "cruise groove" this time around... Thanks for reading, and hopefully it'll keep you entertained all the way until the end... ... ...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elsammo46 said:

FANTASTIC read man! Your style of writing is so enjoyable, certainly convinced this foodie to try Virgin. Can't wait until your next live!

Thanks for reading!... Tune in the first week of December on the brand new Carnival Celebration...

• Like 4

I hadn’t looked at Virgin since before the pandemic, but a friend asked me about it so I came over to the board and found your review.  It looks like Virgin has changed a few things since I first researched them, and for the better to us.  I’ll have to take a look again!  Thanks for such a thorough review!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hiccups said:

I hadn’t looked at Virgin since before the pandemic, but a friend asked me about it so I came over to the board and found your review.  It looks like Virgin has changed a few things since I first researched them, and for the better to us.  I’ll have to take a look again!  Thanks for such a thorough review!

Virgin Voyages is definitely trying to shake up the entire cruise industry! Thanks for reading:)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Virgin Voyages is definitely trying to shake up the entire cruise industry! Thanks for reading:)

Have you seen their new commercial on tv, with the kids crying that they can’t go on Virgin? It’s pretty sweet 

• Like 1

BRAVO, I say, to a very interesting and thoroughly entertaining cruise review. 

Now that I haven’t cruised in 2 1/2 years (seems like 10!), I’ll be living vicariously thru others’ reviews, and will be searching CC for some of your past reviews. 

THANK YOU Sid

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dreamer976 said:

BRAVO, I say, to a very interesting and thoroughly entertaining cruise review. 

Now that I haven’t cruised in 2 1/2 years (seems like 10!), I’ll be living vicariously thru others’ reviews, and will be searching CC for some of your past reviews. 

THANK YOU Sid

Thanks for your comments, and thanks for reading!... You can find all of my old reviews by clicking on my username, then look under "content" and then click "topics"... Some of the real old ones don't have pictures or anything, just text...

24 minutes ago, venicecruiser said:

Enjoyed your review.  Have you booked another VV cruise?

Thanks for reading... I haven't booked another Virgin Voyages cruise as of yet, but I'm searching. I want to test drive the new Valiant Lady on one of the seven day or longer cruises. I'm already booked for the new Carnival Celebration in December, then the brand new Norwegian Prima in February 2023. After that, the only other thing currently booked is the still under construction Carnival Jubilee in December 2023. 

• Like 1

We'll be on the Valiant Lady for our first Virgin cruise next April 8 for an 8 day Eastern Antilles. We were going to be doing an 11 day transatlantic on Resilient Lady but got swept up in the mass cancellations for that. The upside is we got a great suite with the 200% credit.

Thanks so much for this great review thread. Your food pics and comments were especially exciting to read. This will be the smallest ship we've ever been on so it's comforting to know we can fill our days with eating great food. Not that we need more excuses to eat... 😄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic review Sid! Although I didn't read it live, it still kept me entertained with all the walkabouts and great food pics.  You seemed to find the right balance for "review time" and "no phone/vacation time" this cruise. 

Looking forward to the Celebration cruise in December (if you decide to do a review).  I'll be on that ship a few months after you for a Western Caribbean itinerary. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy0810 said:

Fantastic review Sid! Although I didn't read it live, it still kept me entertained with all the walkabouts and great food pics.  You seemed to find the right balance for "review time" and "no phone/vacation time" this cruise. 

Looking forward to the Celebration cruise in December (if you decide to do a review).  I'll be on that ship a few months after you for a Western Caribbean itinerary. 

Thanks for reading!... I've already begun working on the Celebration review, and then there'll be the brand new Norwegian Prima soon afterwards in February 2023...

• Like 2