Please check the prices of all of your current bookings

23 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

There are LOTS of prices dropping like iron anvils right now.  I am not going to make a list of specific sailings; just check all of yours

None of those anvils are falling on my cruises, unfortunately.  I'll keep checking.

As a matter of fact, one of mine didn't even show up at all......that's good for a mini-panic attack.

13 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

I also am getting a white screen. Rebooted phone. Switched to chrome. Nothing works

How does Royal expect folks to book a cruise under their current promo when all we see is a white screen?  I checked a few days ago and nothing of mine had moved in price…but the white screen is annoying.

8 hours ago, dal_lover said:

Strange, we booked on Harmony in April (2022) for a June 2023 cruise, I just called to see if the cruise fare was lower and the RCCL representative said that all bookings that are made after March 31st can no longer be changed and that they are no longer adjusting cruise prices?  She said when you book you only have 48 hours to call to adjust your price.  Is this true? 

Um...........NO.

• Like 1

I guess I'm done with the drops. Our cabin type is sold out. Its also a huge hassle for my TA anyway.  She does it but says the wait times for RC are horrible.  I've put her thru so much with this sailing.  We booked in 2019 and have had COUNTLESS and very difficult changes since, I know its her job but I dont think I could possibly call and ask her to do anything else for this trip. Besides she got covid from her group cruise last week!   I will be extra thankful when we step on the ship in Aug!! 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 4:59 PM, dal_lover said:

Strange, we booked on Harmony in April (2022) for a June 2023 cruise, I just called to see if the cruise fare was lower and the RCCL representative said that all bookings that are made after March 31st can no longer be changed and that they are no longer adjusting cruise prices?  She said when you book you only have 48 hours to call to adjust your price.  Is this true? 

This is basically what I was told too. Booked Wonder OTS on 4/11 for Feb.2023. The price dropped $350. RC told me there’s nothing I can do. Starting March 31st you can only apply price drops to room upgrades, unless you notice a lower price within 48 hours of booking. Not sure how everyone else here is getting price adjustments.

On 5/27/2022 at 1:07 PM, goldfish65 said:

wow you have to be fast, in the time it took for me to decide to call about upgrading from GS to OS, someone got it!

Checked again, and was able to get it, the last one showing, yay! Sometimes you have to try again it seems. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

So if your category is full, does that mean no price drops? An agent told me to keep checking.

my TA can still check prices on sold out, but rcl has no reason to lower prices if sold out. But it can drop. They can check. 

14 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

This is basically what I was told too. Booked Wonder OTS on 4/11 for Feb.2023. The price dropped $350. RC told me there’s nothing I can do. Starting March 31st you can only apply price drops to room upgrades, unless you notice a lower price within 48 hours of booking. Not sure how everyone else here is getting price adjustments.

Wow...I was also told no OBC for price drop but I figured it was because I booked after 3/31 AND was past final payment. I didn't realize that was also the new rule for booking after 3/31 and still being before final payment. In that case could you just cancel and re-book at the lower rate, if you had booked it as refundable deposit originally?

1 hour ago, bmsm6 said:

In that case could you just cancel and re-book at the lower rate, if you had booked it as refundable deposit originally?

There's no reason to think that price drops will go away based on a couple of reports.

• Like 1

Almost every sailing I check, multiple ships, has most/all of the stateroom categories switched to "guarantee only" - wonder if this is a much larger booking system issue? Either that, or something weird is about to launch.....LOL. 

Edited by figs

2 hours ago, figs said:

Almost every sailing I check, multiple ships, has most/all of the stateroom categories switched to "guarantee only" - wonder if this is a much larger booking system issue? Either that, or something weird is about to launch.....LOL. 

I hope not - I like to select my exact stateroom.  I am particular about location and not wanting (or sometimes needing) a connecting door.  Maybe this is just because so many cruises are selling out quickly.

1 minute ago, PokrChick said:

It's just amazing to me that they don't seem concerned!

They seem to be concerned when the issue is serious enough - this one is probably not (only seems to affect a few).

RC rep told my TA that it will take 14 days for the OBC to be processed through the system for the price drop compensation.  After this I should get an email confirmation of the credit.  Does this sound similar to others that have already done this?  Thanks.