Please check the prices of all of your current bookings

On 5/27/2022 at 12:52 AM, sandy toes said:

This happened to me for our July cruise. I was paid in full and now have a $404 OBC addition on my account. Guess I can do the Chef's Table and some excursions without touching my current bank account balance. Nice. 

How long did it take to show on your account.  I called last night for a $477 cruise price reduction after final payment and they said it takes 2 weeks.  Also no email confirmation.  I guess I just have to trust its going to happen?

3 minutes ago, kleibo said:

How long did it take to show on your account.  I called last night for a $477 cruise price reduction after final payment and they said it takes 2 weeks.  Also no email confirmation.  I guess I just have to trust its going to happen?

You should have received an updated invoice.   You can request one.

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I within CWC and I just saw this on the website

Q :  If I move forward with the Cruise with Confidence Best Price Guarantee, and I am issued onboard credit, when will I get it?
A :  The Cruise with Confidence Best Price Guarantee program allows guests to take advantage of better rates up to 48 hours prior to sail date! Guests must have booked on or before March 31, 2022, for sailings that depart on or before September 30, 2022 and they can request the difference of their booked rates versus any rate reduction. The difference in pricing will be added to the booking as an onboard credit, inside final payment, and it’ll be applied within 14 business days, and a new confirmation will be generated with the Onboard Credit value.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

If your reservation is protected by CWC why couldn’t you cancel that reservation without penalty and rebook the two gty cabins and apply your credit to those new reservations? 

Technically I could but I would only get FCC not a refund.  It is something I am debating.  We are not frequent cruisers so I am not sure this is the best option for us.

34 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

If your reservation is protected by CWC why couldn’t you cancel that reservation without penalty and rebook the two gty cabins and apply your credit to those new reservations? 

It says that the FCC may not be issued until around 45 days which would be past our cruise date but that is a great idea!  I am going to look into this further.

37 minutes ago, Abby323 said:

It says that the FCC may not be issued until around 45 days which would be past our cruise date but that is a great idea!  I am going to look into this further.

I’d ask them if they can transfer the funds to the new bookings. Tell them you don’t want to wait on FCC. Just be aware that you will lose any OBC you may have had and all cruise planner items will be canceled and you’d have to repurchase at the current pricing. Also if your old booking was eligible for the double points promo you’d lose that too. Just factor all this into the new cost before making a decision. Good luck!🍀 

Edited by Jerseygirl1416
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I called and talked with another rep.  My cruise dropped again so now I'm at $640 OBC. She sent me the updated invoice for the 1st time I called.  She said call in a day or two and the new $640 will show.  At least I have the updated invoice showing $462 OBC.  Keeping my fingers crossed when I call after the weekend, its up to $640

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kleibo said:

I got an email right away and the saving in my onboard account about 1/2 hour later.  I'd try and reach out to them again to confirm???????

On 6/29/2022 at 3:15 PM, kleibo said:

I was told the OBC would show in 7-10 business days. I called back in the next day and was sent an updated invoice while still on the phone with the C&A rep. 

10 hours ago, sandy toes said:

I was told the OBC would show in 7-10 business days. I called back in the next day and was sent an updated invoice while still on the phone with the C&A rep. 

Yes - that is what I ended up doing and lucky me the price had dropped even further, so now I have $640 OBC and it's on my account and I have the new invoice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Choozin Croozin said:

Does anyone know if you can call the cruise line directly for a price drop if you booked through a TA. It looks like I have a price drop but my TA is out until Sunday. Don't want to miss out. 

No your TA has to do it

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Molly361 is correct; I tried but no.  My TA was on a cruise one time and I missed out.  

😞 That’s what I’m afraid of and I think it’s about $500. My old TA always had someone cover his messages. This person took his place and apparently does not have coverage. I’ve emailed and left a general message to the agency. 😖

On 6/26/2022 at 8:28 PM, ARandomTraveler said:

Price drops make the most sense for people who have refundable rates, because with a refundable rate, you can cancel anytime before the official final payment date and get all of your deposits and other payments refunded to you in full. So, if you see a price drop of any dollar amount, it's a savings for you.  

I think cruise with confidence had something to do with waiving those fees for non-refundable people, or people who were booking after the official final payment date. 

edited to add: This is all assuming that the price drop is happening before the official final payment date. After the final payment date, even "refundable" fares become somewhat non-refundable, so price drops don't exist. Think if it like the pants example - you have a receipt that says you can return the pants within the next 30 days, and after 30 days, you can't return them.

This may be another area where cruise with confidence comes in for people, I'm not sure. But it's possible that for people who booked their cruise prior to March 31st 2022 are eligible for receiving the amount of any price drops after that final payment date in the form of on board credit. I'm not certain on that though. With the pants example it's like having a receipt that says you can return within 30 days, and any returns after 30 days you just get store credit. 

I have a refundable rate on my Explorer cruise in September. It went down $450. They said they would only offer me a $180 discount in the form of OBC because I didn't book a NON-REFUNDABLE rate! Huh? I also booked under the Cruise with Confidence rules...

Edited by CruiszBug

15 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

I have a refundable rate on my Explorer cruise in September. It went down $450. They said they would only offer me a $180 discount in the form of OBC because I didn't book a NON-REFUNDABLE rate! Huh? I also booked under the Cruise with Confidence rules...

call back and talk to someone else

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

🤔 That's a new one 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 2:47 PM, CruiszBug said:

On 7/1/2022 at 3:03 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

call back and talk to someone else

@Ourusualbeach YOU are the man! It took me two weeks and four tries to reach the right person in the Executive Office. She explained that none of the reasons given to me by other people at Royal had anything to do with "BEST PRICE GUARANTEE". I was significantly compensated in both refunds and OBC. Very happy with Royal and grateful to your good advice. Thank you!

• Like 2