Is Fred Olsen still cancelling cruises at the last minute?

Fjord4Fun

I read something about Fred changing Rosyth departures a while back, but can’t remember the circumstances.

If the departure port is changed, surely the cruise line would be obliged to issue a refund if clients did not wish to accept the change?

Hopefully others will be able to comment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LandC said:

I read something about Fred changing Rosyth departures a while back, but can’t remember the circumstances.

If the departure port is changed, surely the cruise line would be obliged to issue a refund if clients did not wish to accept the change?

Hopefully others will be able to comment.

Yes, Braemar was cancelled for quite a while, months ahead now along with some Balmoral ones and some of the remaining cruises were rescheduled with Balmoral doing some Braemar cruises, I think.  What is left are scheduled to continue now as Balmoral sailing and on her second cruise, so set to continue, though older brochures may not be accurate.  Check on the website for future cruises.

I agree a cancelled cruise or change to departure port, along with other major changes will give a clear right to a refund, but some people were happy to take reduced prices for other cruises.  Fred will want to keep people on some sort of booking if poss., obviously, so may try to persuade people that way at first.  I think all cruise lines are trying that at present.

We are on Balmoral now, there have been some teething problems with a lot of new staff, but improving all the time.  Fred has head office staff on board who are helping with training, from what we have observed.  I will give a better report late next week.

'm keen to book either Norway or Iceland August cruise out of Rosyth but I read that cruises from here regularly get cancelled at the last minute with no refund.

Sincerely hope that does not happen as our friends are booked for Iceland out of Rosyth in very early August.

23 hours ago, edinburgher said:

'm keen to book either Norway or Iceland August cruise out of Rosyth but I read that cruises from here regularly get cancelled at the last minute with no refund.

Sincerely hope that does not happen as our friends are booked for Iceland out of Rosyth in very early August.

As I said previously Balmoral is now sailing and will be doing Rosyth this summer.  If a cruise is cancelled (as has been happening with.many ships over the Pandemic before ships commenced sailing again) there is a legal entitlement to a refund and Fred has been processing them is requested, just like the other companies.  We chose to get a refund instead of taking the option of a reduced deal on another cruise.