Anne Frank house

TYTY

6 hours ago, TYTY said:

Is it possible to walk from the port to the Anne Frank house?

We just did this walk a few weeks ago.  It was quite easy for us and interesting too.  I think it too about 45 minutes, but we stopped and took pictures and meandered a bit.

You probably need to be somewhat mobile.  We walk well and a decent pace so no problem, but if you have issues, I can see it might be more difficult.

We enjoyed meandering through all the side streets and canals of Amsterdam!  Note however, there is a decent amount of construction work going on.

Enjoy!

Yes certainly walkable. Be aware tickets to AF house are only for sale online, no more standing in line. Sales starts on the 1st Tuesday of a month for the next month. Tickets sell very fast! Details on their website: https://www.annefrank.org/en/museum/tickets/

Edited by Ine
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 11:32 PM, Ine said:

Yes certainly walkable. Be aware tickets to AF house are only for sale online, no more standing in line. Sales starts on the 1st Tuesday of a month for the next month. Tickets sell very fast! Details on their website: https://www.annefrank.org/en/museum/tickets/

After 5 hours using 3 devices (Safari, Google Edge), I’ve got our tix! 👍👏

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, robin13 said:

Also, they are only available the month before.  I plan on visiting in October and will try to buy them the first of September.

they go for sale on the 1st Tuesday in September. Be also aware of the time difference!

You need to be in quick if you want to do the 30 minute museum talk beforehand. On the morning tickets came out, I forgot all about it and when I came home after work tickets for all of July were all sold out. We still managed to get tickets for a visit to the house though.

19 hours ago, Larainerenee said:

Do they post at midnight Amsterdam time?

I checked with AF house. Unfortunately they donot give the exact time of release as they are still often  working and sometimes changing parts of  their website. So indeed the best advise is given by dutch girl, keep trying as much and early as possible. I know time difference between The Netherlands and the US west coast is 9 hours, which might make it rather difficult what would be best. 

6 hours ago, Scottishclover said:

You need to be in quick if you want to do the 30 minute museum talk beforehand. On the morning tickets came out, I forgot all about it and when I came home after work tickets for all of July were all sold out. We still managed to get tickets for a visit to the house though.

They must have released more, because late July shows some availability now.

I have July 5th on my calendar to get tickets for our August visit.

• Like 2

Like others we could not get tix for the guided tour, but regular admission tix were pretty available on that first Tuesday for the month.   I would get the audio guide, it was very good.   The walk to the Museum is very doable from the port and it is an enjoyable walk.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 6:17 AM, cyntil8ing said:

I have July 5th on my calendar to get tickets for our August visit.

I was able to get tickets for both the lecture and House by logging in about 15 minutes before midnight Amsterdam time for August. Hope you also got them. It was July 4th at 2:45 p.m. in Tucson, AZ US.

3 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

I was able to get tickets for both the lecture and House by logging in about 15 minutes before midnight Amsterdam time for August. Hope you also got them. It was July 4th at 2:45 p.m. in Tucson, AZ US.

I did! We got 11:30. We have also booked a canal cruise at 10:00 and the Van Gogh Museum for 1:30. Going to be a busy day! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

I did! We got 11:30. We have also booked a canal cruise at 10:00 and the Van Gogh Museum for 1:30. Going to be a busy day! 

Yes, a busy and very enjoyable day. The Rijksmuseum, BTW, is basically next door to the Van Gogh Museum. You should try that too. 

And if you are a swimmer (like my DW), there is a pool near the Rijksmuseum.

• 4 weeks later...

I would suggest trying to go early in the morning. We went around 2pm and it was so very crowded that we asked to leave the group early. It was shoulder to shoulder and the group was not moving. This was pre-covid so perhaps they have made some changes to the number of people they take in. 

• 5 months later...
On 7/10/2022 at 12:00 AM, cyntil8ing said:

Where did you book the canal cruise? We want to do both the Anne Frank House and a canal cruise while we are in Amsterdam for the day. How did you get from the port to city? Thanks 

• Like 1

Uber is everywhere in Amsterdam. Just use that to get anywhere. There are canal cruise companies right in front of the Anne Frank House as well and you dont really need to prebook those either. They leave every 10-15 min

2 hours ago, Ladybug18 said:

Where did you book the canal cruise? We want to do both the Anne Frank House and a canal cruise while we are in Amsterdam for the day. How did you get from the port to city? Thanks 

Our arrival/departure port was Ijmuiden. Because the port was so far out (about 40 minutes), we pre-booked a taxi for pick-up and return. Used a consolidator - https://city-airport-taxis.com

The canal cruise was with https://flagshipamsterdam.com, but the poster above is correct. You can easily purchase tickets on the boats.