Repositioning Cruises

Alex71

Looking into a repositioning cruise from Valencia or Savona to Dubai. Can anyone share experiences with this type of cruise? Is the same weekly menu repeated every week or is the food more varied than usual? Are there any other differences compared to the usual one week cruises? 

• 2 weeks later...

We did a similar cruise to this it was 20 nights from Venice to Male on Costa - it was one of our best and we have had 17 cruises - three of them on Costa. We had different entertainment each night.  The menu items did repeat although I cant say that I noticed complete menu  repetitions. We thoroughly enjoyed going through the Suez Canal - make sure you take binoculars with you.  Costa ran trivia and other social events every day and did well at keeping people busy on the sea days.  It helped that out of 2500 passengers there were 1400 english speaking people on our cruise (over 1000 of them from Australia).  Usually we are in the minority.

Edited by Janet&Carl
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Alex71 said:

Thank you for sharing your experience, @Janet&Carl. Does sound very good. The Suez Canal would be one of the things I would most look forward to, along with the Stop in Israel.

WE did an excursion to the Dead Sea on our Isreal port and our friends did an excursion to Jerusalum.  We also had a stop in Jordan that allowed us to go to Petra for the day.  It was fantastic.

• Like 1