Saint John & Bay of Fundy

sundae98

Just check to see what are the tide times.  

We will be there in a few weeks and low tide is before we arrive and by the time we get there we wouldn't be able to walk out to the caves or really see the rocks.  We decided to pass on any excursions this time around.  Maybe third cruise will be the charm! 

10 hours ago, davekathy said:

As far as the ArriveCAN app selection, it appears to be "Saint John Marine Terminal (New"

That's how it' shows on the app. The other choice would be "Saint John Marina". Doubt that one. 

SJ Marine Terminal is the correct choice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 10:09 PM, davekathy said:

Do you have a crystal ball? 😉 Any idea what terminal Celebrity cruises uses? We'll scheduled to stop in Saint John 23 September on the Summit.

You will berth at the Marco Polo Cruise Terminal.

• Thanks 1

There's a webcam at Hall's Harbor, which is on the opposite side of the peninsula from Halifax.  So you watch the tidal tide change to your heart's content <g>.  Although it's a very slow process.  You can watch a video of the latest change on their website: https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en/webcams/halls-harbour-1/

After we were last there, I used to keep that site open on my screen so I could watch the change <G>.  We had lunch at a restaurant on the dock on one of our visits there.  A bit more exciting that the reversing falls seen in Halifax.

• 1 month later...

Looking for ideas for first time visitors I'll be cruising with. I've been here twice but family hasn't been. Royal cancelled our ship's excursion yesterday and all private tour companies I contacted are fully booked. Looking for suggestions, please. Prefer not to rent a car and drive ourselves.

We're arriving on Oct. 14th, 2022 in Saint John on Voyager of the Seas.

TIA!

5 hours ago, BAYA said:

Looking for ideas for first time visitors I'll be cruising with. I've been here twice but family hasn't been. Royal cancelled our ship's excursion yesterday and all private tour companies I contacted are fully booked. Looking for suggestions, please. Prefer not to rent a car and drive ourselves.

TIA!

hop on/hop off bus.

trolley, which is a quick version of the hop on/hop off.

both can be found at the kiosk at the pier terminal.

for hop on.off bus, plan ahead.

you can probably find a map of their stops from their site.

figure out which sites you want to get off at to explore and for how long.

5 hours ago, BAYA said:

TIA!

Tour of the Moosehead Beer factory and visit to the tasting room. It's about a 3 mile walk along the harbor or just take a taxi. Buy tickets in advance.

10 hours ago, BAYA said:

TIA!

4 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

hop on/hop off bus.

trolley, which is a quick version of the hop on/hop off.

both can be found at the kiosk at the pier terminal.

for hop on.off bus, plan ahead.

you can probably find a map of their stops from their site.

figure out which sites you want to get off at to explore and for how long.

I notice that RCCL is offering the HOHO for my visit there 10 October. Nut the company's website stated it is closed for the season, here. The NB Museum is also closed for renovations.

13 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

I notice that RCCL is offering the HOHO for my visit there 10 October. Nut the company's website stated it is closed for the season, here. The NB Museum is also closed for renovations.

The HopOnHopOff site won't come up in my browser. In any case, I'll take your word that they are closed for the season.

Looks like we'll be winging it for Saint John.

17 hours ago, milolii said:

Try Go Fundy Torus. We went  with Alex last week a fabulous tour of the Bay of Fundy trail. 

Thanks @milolii.

Alex had availability when I checked yesterday but we have to book the whole van. At $585USD it's too pricey for us. 

3 hours ago, BAYA said:

The HopOnHopOff site won't come up in my browser. In any case, I'll take your word that they are closed for the season.

Looks like we'll be winging it for Saint John.

Might be some tours offered in the port building

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Might be some tours offered in the port building

We were in St John twice, and there were tours offered when you got off the ship. But since 10 October is their Thanksgiving, it may differ.

@BAYA- Google St John HOHO and you will see it is closed for the season.

Edited by joyandjerry

21 minutes ago, joyandjerry said:

We were in St John twice, and there were tours offered when you got off the ship. But since 10 October is their Thanksgiving, it may differ.

@BAYA- Google St John HOHO and you will see it is closed for the season.

some  vendors  may still work  as their tourist season is short

Most people here celebrate Thanksgiving dinner with family on the Sunday 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In case it will help others, I was able to book a 5 hour tour for Oct. 14th out of Saint John using Shore Excursions Group. A fellow roll caller on a Caribbean cruise I'm taking in Nov. 2023 gave me the tip. I just love the helpfulness of fellow cruisers!

10 minutes ago, BAYA said:

In case it will help others, I was able to book a 5 hour tour for Oct. 14th out of Saint John using Shore Excursions Group. A fellow roll caller on a Caribbean cruise I'm taking in Nov. 2023 gave me the tip. I just love the helpfulness of fellow cruisers!

Just  be aware  they do not run the tours they are a broker