Live from Pursuit Barcelona to Lisbon 5 -31

joyride

I loved our cabin location (8050), a couple doors from the lift and stairs up to pool deck. No problem with noise at all. I think I may have heard a chair or table being moved above us once...but it was during the day. The bed was SO comfortable, slept like a log every night. Our butler offered to make our dining reservations for us the minute we got to our room. I wanted to make them myself because I had our schedule all figured out, so we went to the table in Windows right away.

We went to Prime C the very first night with our friends we met here on the thread (OZ Cruising) and had a great table looking out at the wake. It's better to make all of your reservations that first night, you can always cancel if something changes. We tried to go again later in the week and they were pretty booked up, but they did accommodate us.

Blag - I just mentioned to my husband that I did enjoy the food on our trip - but nothing like Italy. No one can do it like they do it there. Not just pizza, but everything! 

The pizza on Princess is really good. The pizza I had on the Pursuit wasn't from Window's buffet, it was from room service and it really wasn't very good. Really a minor issue, everything else I ate on the ship was wonderful!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, joyride said:

I have posted a review of the Azamara Pursuit Spain Intensive here on Cruise Critic reviews. Check it out!

Nice review!  Glad you enjoyed your first cruise on Azamara!  I followed along with you As you were posting live….thank you for that!  did you book a future Cruise?

Thanks to Host Jazzbeau for the link.

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your postings Joyride. Having been unable to cruise since 2019 and with the anticipation of cruises arranged for Sep (including the lisbon to Barcelona run), it has been very pleasurable to read your enthusiastic comments.

• Like 1

You Azamara people are so nice and friendly! Thank you for your nice comments, I would love to meet all of you. We didn't book a future cruise because the next couple of years are sort of up in the air with my hubby close to retirement and we may relocate. If I have my way, we will definitely cruise on Azamara again. We did come down with COVID upon arrival back home, so it's been a rough 10 days for us. We are finally recovering and I'm working on unpacking from the trip. We did enjoy the cruise, very much!!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

same with COVID on our side. DW started to show signs of COVID when we arrived at home on disembarcation day. Antigen test were positive from the day after. For me the whole thing started 3 days later. Well, COVID was for sure on this cruise. We are fully vaccinated, boostered and wearing masks most of the time on board. The only thing that prevents infection is to keep distance to other people, which is impossible on a cruise.

And same as joyride the elaboration took 9-10 days. 

Will this prevent us from going on another cruise this year? No!

cheers

MouseBerry 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MouseBerry said:

Hi,

same with COVID on our side. DW started to show signs of COVID when we arrived at home on disembarcation day. Antigen test were positive from the day after. For me the whole thing started 3 days later. Well, COVID was for sure on this cruise. We are fully vaccinated, boostered and wearing masks most of the time on board. The only thing that prevents infection is to keep distance to other people, which is impossible on a cruise.

And same as joyride the elaboration took 9-10 days. 

Will this prevent us from going on another cruise this year? No!

cheers

MouseBerry 

I think it's fair to say there is COVID on most cruises, especially the monster ships.

Luckily you got home safely and it's travel quarantine effects weren't felt. That's the point some might baulk against sailing for a while. When my wife got quarantined in Jan from Costa Rica to Chile, it does focus your mind more. That said, I still sailed 2 weeks ago and have 5 more sailings planned. I'm not deterred. (I even joked it would be my turn for COVID quarantine on our eventually cancelled Tokyo to Seward last month.)

I do think people are more vulnerable now because the lockdowns etc all seem a distant memory and back to normal, but until those restrictions are completely lifted, I'll always be wary. (Not the virus effects, just the consequences on my wallet and time if detected before flying home.)

Glad you are back safely and recovered. I expect it's the tip of the iceberg. Knowing we had several cases on our sailing and the constant coughing heard and mentioned continually in posts by several members, it makes you wonder how many caught it. I bet it's not low numbers.

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @joyride

I am sorry to hear you got the virus, but glad that apparently you had a good time.

Could you please tell more about the Level flight? The information about this company is very scarce.

In particular,

- How much additional space would give the 1st row in PE, as compared to the 2nd?

- After flying with them, would you still select the 1st row?

- Was there a jet bridge in Barcelona or you were you bussed?

Thanks,

Voyager

Edited by voyager1964

• 1 month later...