Sojourn?

Thenagers

I am sailing on her late next month and I am hoping for some reports from when she finally restarts June 6.  I will feel better when she is back in service but curious about the staffing/quality with it being out for so long.  Fingers crossed for good reports:)

10 hours ago, DC Traveler244 said:

We'll be boarding the Sojourn on June 16.  Like you, we're hoping the staffing/quality will be up to Seabourn standards.  I'll share my impressions after we've had few days onboard.

We are boarding on the 26th. Any at the moment reports are appreciated. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

We’ve been on since the restart in Athens. The staff is enthusiastic and doing a great job. Have there been any problems?  Not really. The staff is a bit green but there is a core of veteran employees to help finesse the passenger experience. Food and entertainment have been top notch in my opinion.  This being Sojourn’s return to service we had some trepidation. However, it was unnecessary!

• Like 2

I’ve been aboard Sojourn since June 16, and I’ve found the staff to be mostly Seabourn alums. Several I’ve  spoken to were called back as the other SB ships returned to service, and have rotated onto the Sojourn as it was prepared to return to service. So, there’s definitely a seasoned staff aboard. 

So far, my only complaint has been with internet and TV service. There’s simply not enough bandwidth to provide adequate wifi service for the entire ship (we currently have the so-called “streaming” wifi package, but we can’t stream anything). 

The live TV channels work sporadically:  sometimes the reception is fine, but then breaks up (buffering). A few times, TV was not working at all. Very frustrating. 

We were on the Encore in March and April of this year, and experienced no such problems. 

Entertainment onboard has been very good. Last night, Seabourn rolled out a new Tim Rice collaboration called “The Circle of My Life,” which was excellent. The production will eventually be available on all of Seabourn’s non-expedition ships. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DC Traveler244 said:

We were on the Encore in March and April of this year, and experienced no such problems. 

Entertainment onboard has been very good. Last night, Seabourn rolled out a new Tim Rice collaboration called “The Circle of My Life,” which was excellent. The production will eventually be available on all of Seabourn’s non-expedition ships. 

No or very little problem on the Ovation earlier this year as well.  I thought the 3 O-class ships have upgraded to the same satellite (or whatever) system as the 2 bigger ships.  Perhaps not?

Good news about the new Tim Rice show.  How does it compare to the original one?  Does the new one feature all new songs and narratives?  Has it replaced the old one, or are both still in repertoire at the moment? 

2 hours ago, sfvoyage said:

I thought the 3 O-class ships have upgraded to the same satellite (or whatever) system as the 2 bigger ships.  Perhaps not?

We were told that an “update” had been installed right before Sojourn returned to service. But the update doesn’t have enough bandwidth (100 Mbps for the entire ship — not remotely enough for guests and crew). We have far more robust coverage at home for a two-person household. 

Re the Tim Rice show: although it wasn’t stated explicitly, my sense is that it will — at least for a time — replace the older An Evening With Sir Tim Rice. Many repeat SB guests have seen the older production multiple times. 

The new production includes voice-overs by Sir Tim (no videoclips) and proceeds in chronological order. It includes mostly new musical selections. The musical and dance performances were excellent. I thought that it was a very complex production to present on a small ship. 

Thanks for the information.  Sounds like we can expect a great trip…this will be our first Seabourn cruise.  Any suggestions or info on Seabourn excursions would be most appreciated.