Rapid Antigen Test

14 hours ago, litebender said:

How far in advance were you able to schedule your test? The Walgreens website only lets me schedule up to June 8 (1 week from now).

Ours was 7 days in advance, then dropped to 3 days in advance a few weeks ago.  

On 5/31/2022 at 8:51 PM, cruisingator2 said:

The other poster is correct. Have you looked on the Walgreens website to see where the nearest location is that offers the rapid antigen test? In my area of southern Cal there is currently zero stores within a 100 mile radius that offers them. They’re becoming less and less available as more people are moving to home tests. I suggest doing a Google search to see if anyone in your area or nearby is offering the rapid tests. We will test in the morning using the emed proctored tests here at home. Easy to use. 

Someone in my Facebook group couldn’t book Walgreens for her cruise. We sail out this Monday, meaning we could only test on Saturday or Sunday. Her Walgreens doesn’t test on weekends, and the next closest Walgreens is an hour away. 

10 hours ago, Forrest1989 said:

Hey guys.  Does anyone know if as Canadians (2 adults, one 12 years old) we are allowed to book a covid test at Walgreens?

You would need to go on and try entering all your information. If that goes through to booking as a test then I would call the store in question to verify as well. They do have booking through their phone number as well who booking covid testing daily so they might know for sure.

16 hours ago, litebender said:

How far in advance were you able to schedule your test? The Walgreens website only lets me schedule up to June 8 (1 week from now).

I don't know the answer to that and what I am gathering, all Walgreens are different.  Here in Newport News we were able to book same day, Wednesday, before a Friday sailing.  Another good reason to have those video test kits handy in case your local Walgreens/CVS are not available.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:03 PM, onefishtwofish said:

Try CVS Minute Clinic - but they have only been scheduling 3 days out, so you have to be quick to make your appointment.....did the in person one - had my result within 15 minutes......

Did you have to pay? I called and got an automated message about testing and stated it would be $139

11 hours ago, hal2008 said:

Has RCCL updated its definition of "vaccinated"?

Heard (unconfirmed) that some other require last dose within 9 months (which may require booster for some) to be considered vaccinated.

Some European ports require that so RCI is recommending that your are "up to date" which means at least one booster.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 6:18 AM, hlfrps said:

I don't know the answer to that and what I am gathering, all Walgreens are different.  Here in Newport News we were able to book same day, Wednesday, before a Friday sailing.  Another good reason to have those video test kits handy in case your local Walgreens/CVS are not available.

Try asking for the PCR NAAT test instead of antigen. Our Walgreens does the NAAT test, red button and it is royal acceptable 

On 5/31/2022 at 10:14 PM, sandy toes said:

Our Walgreens has stopped all testing. We have only CVS unless we drive into the city. Really not a hardship but just pointing out that some stores are stopping testing. When I asked if it was a corporate decision I was told that the individual store and staffing determined how best to use their staff. 

We went with Azova testing, $20/pp and used the tests sent to us by the government via USPS. Just did them at 9:00PM via telmed connection, and had results in 15 minutes. VERY efficient, and very professional. Needed tested today for Bermuda. Our PCR back up testing site could not guarantee results before Thursday afternoon because of some lab issues. Heavens! What a mess testing locally has become. I hope everyone finds what will work for them and get negative results. We were really on edge as the numbers at school had gone up and we worried about the teen, but she was negative (no symptoms). Just stressed because a friend did test positive back the first week of May and their family had to cancel their cruise. Do wish y'all negative results and happy cruises. 

Are you onboard now - were the Azova tests sufficient?  This is the route I think I'm going to take next week, would love confirmation that you successfully boarded 🙂  thanks

On 6/1/2022 at 9:54 PM, Forrest1989 said:

Hey guys.  Does anyone know if as Canadians (2 adults, one 12 years old) we are allowed to book a covid test at Walgreens?

Just thinking….if you were in Florida coming off a cruise or land vacation…and needed a test to board the airplane…where would you get tested if not a pharmacy or lab?  You’d still be Canadians looking to be tested.  I have heard that an address is sometimes required, so those already in the US use their hotel address when booking at a pharmacy, or even their ship’s name.  Perhaps phone the Walgreens and ask how to book. Lots of Canadians spend time in the US before a cruise and need testing.  Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 11:26 AM, dri-b said:

Are you onboard now - were the Azova tests sufficient?  This is the route I think I'm going to take next week, would love confirmation that you successfully boarded 🙂  thanks

Sorry,  just seeing this. No worries. Got on without any issues and already have plans to reuse them at the end of the month for our July cruise. So easy and stress free. I did print out the email and also took a screen shot of it for at the port. The rep wanted the print out over the screen shot. Their exact words were, " I hate those small pics. Thanks for taking the time to print it out for me." Such a little thing to do to make things go smoothly. Parking lot to on ship less than 20 minutes.