Evening in Puerta Vallarta

MyTMo777

Our ship in November is in PV from noon to 10 pm. Other than just eating in a restaurant, any suggestions of things to do in the evening? We've to PV before on a land vacation so have a bit of an idea of the area, but I'm no expert. I don't think we'd have time to go see the big show that's outside of town (forgot the name of it). 

1 hour ago, MyTMo777 said:

Our ship in November is in PV from noon to 10 pm. Other than just eating in a restaurant, any suggestions of things to do in the evening? We've to PV before on a land vacation so have a bit of an idea of the area, but I'm no expert. I don't think we'd have time to go see the big show that's outside of town (forgot the name of it). 

The big show out side of town are your referring to Rhythm of the Night?   We are sailing on the Carnival Panorama in July and in PV from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm and booked it through the ship (it seems they can't sell to cruise ship passengers except through the ship) and our tour is 3:30 - 8:15 PM

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Woody14 said:

The big show out side of town are your referring to Rhythm of the Night?   We are sailing on the Carnival Panorama in July and in PV from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm and booked it through the ship (it seems they can't sell to cruise ship passengers except through the ship) and our tour is 3:30 - 8:15 PM

That almost works :).  Sunset in mid-November is about 6:20 and twilight lasts at least another half hour.  So you would likely get some of the show in the dark :).  The boats would probably need to depart for the cruise port no later than 7:30.   As you say, Vallarta Adventures will not sell directly to cruise ship passengers.  And the normal Rhythms of the Night tour (for locals) does not even depart the Marina until 7:30pm with a return after 11pm.

Hank

On 5/31/2022 at 5:02 PM, MyTMo777 said:

If you like to walk and try different things, I would suggest you try a "Food Tour".  It will give you an opportunity to try foods and local food outlets that the typical tourist might not consider.  We have visited Vallarta regularly since 2000.  We did the typical tourist restaurants for over a decade and tried https://vallartafoodtours.com to see what we might be missing.  We started with "The Street" followed by "Mex-ology" and then the "Original Downtown" tour.  All have been a great experience and made the hole-in-the-wall places that locals frequent regular eateries for us.

Enjoy! . . .

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 11:42 AM, MSN-Travelers said:

If you like to walk and try different things, I would suggest you try a "Food Tour".  It will give you an opportunity to try foods and local food outlets that the typical tourist might not consider.  We have visited Vallarta regularly since 2000.  We did the typical tourist restaurants for over a decade and tried https://vallartafoodtours.com to see what we might be missing.  We started with "The Street" followed by "Mex-ology" and then the "Original Downtown" tour.  All have been a great experience and made the hole-in-the-wall places that locals frequent regular eateries for us.

Enjoy! . . .

What a great idea! Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing a bikes & bites food tour with them. Our kids are under 14 so we had to do a private tour - but the price was the same as a regular tour, they just added in gratuity. So that may be an option if the times don't line up, many of them started earlier in the morning. 
They get good reviews so I'm really looking forward to it.