Live from Explorer—June 5-19, 2022–Haifa to Rome

RachelG

20 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

I wish you both well and happy future cruising.  

Thank you, Catlover, for your kind words.  I can't agree more that the thing I worry about most at this point is being quarantined.  If we had had to test before returning home, George would have likely tested positive.  I can't imagine him being in a hotel room in a foreign country (or here for that matter) for 5-10 days.  At least at home, he was able to go out in the yard and had the whole house to roam about in while I was at work.  He was able to get files from his office and work on those.  He is NOT the type of person to be still or cooped up and would have gone crazy or driven me crazy. 

hope to see you on a cruise sometime.  We do cruise on Silversea too, but only the expedition ships.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, BearClaws said:

Rachel,

When booking your private transfer from the ship, how much time did you allow between time of docking and pickup?

Thanks so much for all the insights you provided along the way.

It really depends on where you are and where you are going.  Generally they want you off the ship between 8 and 9 am.  So I time the transfer with that in mind.  On this cruise, they didn't let anyone off prior to 8.  There were some irritated people lined up at the exit. Sometimes they will let you off before that, but you can't count on it.  And sometimes disembarkation is delayed, but the private transport guys know that and will wait. If the ship is in port the night before disembarkation, you can generally leave earlier or even the evening before--you just have to let them know.