Borealis cabins

Hi, we can't offer any advice as we've never been on a cruise before but, when booking, we requested a quiet cabin and the Iglu advisor suggested one on deck 1. We were somewhat dismayed to be offered a "complimentary upgrade" to deck 2 to a cabin which seems in all respects the same but has an interconnecting door. I phoned to query this but was just informed that if we had noisy neighbours we would hear them whether the doors connected or not. I'd welcome comments.

49 minutes ago, Laure1 said:

Hi, we can't offer any advice as we've never been on a cruise before but, when booking, we requested a quiet cabin and the Iglu advisor suggested one on deck 1. We were somewhat dismayed to be offered a "complimentary upgrade" to deck 2 to a cabin which seems in all respects the same but has an interconnecting door. I phoned to query this but was just informed that if we had noisy neighbours we would hear them whether the doors connected or not. I'd welcome comments.

Fred does not normally move people who have paid Freedom Fare into other cabins unless they have contacted them and given the option of doing so, or not.  It is possible that the cabin you first booked is on an area that is not currently being used for some reason, (perhaps a quarantine area or staff being accommodated there at present to spread them out due to covid).  If you are not happy about the new cabin and did pay Freedom Fare for your cruise, I suggest you contact Fred to see if there is another cabin which you can move to which you are happier with.  As you have booked through an agent, you will probably have to do that via your agent, rather than being able to speak directly with Fred. 

One other little word of advice - CC do not allow agents to be named on posts, (though you could mention you had booked via an agent without naming them if you wish), so it is possible that your post will be removed as not being within their guidelines.  Welcome to the forums though, I am sure you will find them a useful tool.

Edited by tring

• 3 weeks later...

We have done many cruises when the ship was the Rotterdam.  We always were in ocean view cabins many with restricted views, but on the noise question we considered them to be good on soundproofing and noticed no difference in the connected cabin version