Drive from Toronto to Cape Liberty, NY Terminal

JasonC

On 6/16/2022 at 2:30 PM, lx200gps said:

I purchased the $25 tag at a Pricechopper in upstate NY on the way down to NJ a few days ago. I went to the EZPass website for registering and activating the xponder purchased at a retail location, and it definitely did allow me to select Canada then Quebec then input my 6 digit postal code, no problems. When I successfully completed the registration, it then gave me a message pointing out that it would be active until 7AM the next day, so yes, it didn't work on our drive down through NY into NJ.  Should work fine when we drive back in a few days.

Interesting update to this, and it turns out I was wrong about the "...it didn't work on our drive down through NY into NJ..." When I bought the $25 transponder kit in upstate NY, I had immediately affixed it to our windshield and drove down to NJ, not expecting it to be active. That evening, I registered it officially and was presented with the same message that it would only be active the next day.  A few days after that, during our cruise, I logged on to our EZPass account and found that it actually had registered itself in the "system", and the passage under the two EZPass gantries between Albany and the NJ border had in fact been logged and debited from our $25 account after all, even though technically, we hadn't yet been registered.

• Like 1