An semi-affordable cruise.

Can anybody find me one on Regent? Now, by semi-affordable I mean one with a pp/pd cost of under $1K. I shall not complain here if there are none. I just recall our first Regent (then Radisson) cruise on the Paul  Gauguin in 2002. We were picked up at our home (then in Oklahoma City),  taken to the local airport. All the air was decent (not like economy is now), and with two plane changes we were in Tahiti. The cost was about $275 pp/pd. Now, with less service and some downgraded air to the point of unacceptable air I find a Navigator cruise with similar itinerary at about $1500 pp/pd. Of course, there has been inflation since 2002. But to this extent? 

• Like 1

Air credit might be great for those who have FF points built up. For us, using Regent's air is a benefit. Our most economical cruise in the future is a TA on Voyager in April. With everything included, it is $632 pp for a PH category. Granted, it is a TA with only 3 ports of call, but after our port intensive cruise this coming month, this will be perfect.

• Like 3

We sailed on a 16 day transatlantic from Miami to Rome this past March. We were in a Concierge suite (via two category upgrade offer). The cost was quite a bit less than $1000 per day. While onboard, we booked a 15 night Miami to Montreal cruise for next May aboard the Navigator. It is also quite a bit less than $1000 per day.

While these two might not be appealing to some, we like the itineraries. I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That is why we do longer cruises . Best bang for the buck in so many ways. Also less ports means more time for nice meals on the ship and time to enjoy the ship.

• Like 4

On 6/16/2022 at 2:11 PM, UUNetBill said:

It's all about the ports.  Fewer ports usually = fewer dollars.  Longer cruises drop the per diem as well.  Why, the world cruise is a flat out bargain on a per-diem basis!  😄

TBH, my DH has often said if we didn't have the cats to consider, we would hop on a world cruise in a heartbeat.  But our cats are sensitive creatures who miss us terribly.  And we miss them, of course.  So it's short vacations for us.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 8:54 PM, ysolde said:

TBH, my DH has often said if we didn't have the cats to consider, we would hop on a world cruise in a heartbeat.  But our cats are sensitive creatures who miss us terribly.  And we miss them, of course.  So it's short vacations for us.

Four cats and a dog - the cats get snippy when we're gone for more than a few days, but it's the dog who feels abandoned.  We have an incredible boarding facility but I still feel terrible leaving my buddy there...and we have two 16-day and one 19-day trips coming up in the next year.  Pretty sure the dog can handle it...not sure if I can.  🙂

• Like 3

One of the best solutions for keeping 'Four Legged Children" [Six Cats] happy during extended abscesses is to ask a family member [or two or three] to fly to your city and stay at your home while you're gone. 

Tell them they can have/use anything in the full fridge, the ample liquor cabinet or two car garage.  

This might be more easily sold to the family too if you're asking them to fly to Hawaii.  

If they're accustomed to dealing with snow, the winter months are quick sells.😛

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, daetchief said:

One of the best solutions for keeping 'Four Legged Children" [Six Cats] happy during extended abscesses is to ask a family member [or two or three] to fly to your city and stay at your home while you're gone. 

Tell them they can have/use anything in the full fridge, the ample liquor cabinet or two car garage.  

This might be more easily sold to the family too if you're asking them to fly to Hawaii.  

I’m available!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, daetchief said:

I'll be in Honolulu in September - can we meet up and do the adoption papers while I'm there??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/24/2022 at 1:07 PM, daetchief said:

LoL, 

Please arrive NLT the 10th.   I have a Splendor Cruise leaving soon afterwards.. ⛴️

I'll be flying in on the 2nd, or maybe the 1st...can't be sure with the time zones and datelines and what not...either way, I'm leaving on the 9th so I guess staying there as family ain't gonna work this year.  😄

On 6/23/2022 at 11:58 AM, daetchief said:

Not to hard to get them to housesit the dogs and cats in Belize pool and beach included.  

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 9:27 AM, UUNetBill said:

I'll be flying in on the 2nd, or maybe the 1st...can't be sure with the time zones and datelines and what not...either way, I'm leaving on the 9th so I guess staying there as family ain't gonna work this year.  😄

No worries Bill,  were always looking for house-sitters for our soon-to-be decided World Cruise 202?.