ArrivCan confirmation e-mail

Crown Vic

1 hour ago, broberts said:

I believe this is incorrect.

Not so much incorrect as possibly incomplete. While either of the options I have suggested are viable, I agree that the OP could make the submission on behalf of her husband when he re-enters Canada on his own, and then email the receipt to him. However, the OP would not be able to use her phone to make the submission but would instead need to find an online computer and make the submission from there. Depending upon her travels, that might not be easily done. From the ArriveCAN website:

1148248382_ScreenShot2022-06-27at12_51_10PM.thumb.png.226e0a735a807d0aa8823f4cc5c2f5ba.png

Given the OP's additional information in the other thread that her husband is not comfortable with technology, @chamima could easily set him up on his phone or online before starting their trip, and enter all of the information for his second entry except the travel date. Hubby could then simply enter the travel date when within the 72 hour window before going to pick her up and complete the submission.

6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Not so much incorrect as possibly incomplete. While either of the options I have suggested are viable, I agree that the OP could make the submission on behalf of her husband when he re-enters Canada on his own, and then email the receipt to him. However, the OP would not be able to use her phone to make the submission but would instead need to find an online computer and make the submission from there. Depending upon her travels, that might not be easily done. From the ArriveCAN website:

1148248382_ScreenShot2022-06-27at12_51_10PM.thumb.png.226e0a735a807d0aa8823f4cc5c2f5ba.png

Given the OP's additional information in the other thread that her husband is not comfortable with technology, @chamima could easily set him up on his phone or online before starting their trip, and enter all of the information for his second entry except the travel date. Hubby could then simply enter the travel date when within the 72 hour window before going to pick her up and complete the submission.

Thank you.

I really appreciate all of the thoughtful ideas.

I will have access to my computer during this trip and 72 hours is a wide window for me to submit his travel info.

As to you last suggestion - He's in my app as "family" so doesn't him setting up his own app kind of mess with that? (Although I'm still more comfortable with me entering the info)

14 minutes ago, chamima said:

Thank you.

I really appreciate all of the thoughtful ideas.

I will have access to my computer during this trip and 72 hours is a wide window for me to submit his travel info.

As to you last suggestion - He's in my app as "family" so doesn't him setting up his own app kind of mess with that? (Although I'm still more comfortable with me entering the info)

As you will have computer access during your trip, that does seem to be the easiest solution in your case. 

Nothing prevents an individual from having his or her own account while also being included as family on, for example, a spouse's account. My DW has her own account but is listed as a family member on mine. That way she is free to travel on her own, but I can do a joint submission when we are travelling together.

• Thanks 1