Transportation to/from Big Beard's

S.A.M.J.R.

We're six weeks from our cruise, so it's about time for me to start "worrying" over the details.  

We are scheduled in port from 7am-2pm on a Friday.  We have a 1/2 day tour with Big Beard's that's supposed to go from 9:00-12:30p.  From what I'm reading it's about 30 minutes between Christiansted (that's the cruise ship port, correct) and Frederiksted.

My questions:

1) Assuming we're done at Big Beard's at 12:30 (heck, even 1p), we should have no problem getting back to the ship on time, correct?   

2) Is there a "best" way to accomplish this?  I'm thinking taxi, but is that the route to take?  Is there a private shuttle that can be arranged in advance?

3) There are six of us, what would an estimated cost be?

Anything else we need to know?

TIA

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 6:15 PM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

We're six weeks from our cruise, so it's about time for me to start "worrying" over the details.  

We are scheduled in port from 7am-2pm on a Friday.  We have a 1/2 day tour with Big Beard's that's supposed to go from 9:00-12:30p.  From what I'm reading it's about 30 minutes between Christiansted (that's the cruise ship port, correct) and Frederiksted.

My questions:

1) Assuming we're done at Big Beard's at 12:30 (heck, even 1p), we should have no problem getting back to the ship on time, correct?   

2) Is there a "best" way to accomplish this?  I'm thinking taxi, but is that the route to take?  Is there a private shuttle that can be arranged in advance?

3) There are six of us, what would an estimated cost be?

Anything else we need to know?

TIA

Actually, you will be docked in Frederiksted.  Is your all-aboard at 2:00 pm or would that be departure? Seems you could be cutting it close but I think your best bet would be to ask Big Beards if this is doable or not.

3 hours ago, MTAK said:

Actually, you will be docked in Frederiksted.  Is your all-aboard at 2:00 pm or would that be departure? Seems you could be cutting it close but I think your best bet would be to ask Big Beards if this is doable or not.

oops.. got them backwards.

2pm is what's listed as departure (I think).  I've arranged RT transportation with St. Croix Taxi & Tours.  I think I'll reach out to BB "just in case". 

10 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

oops.. got them backwards.

2pm is what's listed as departure (I think).  I've arranged RT transportation with St. Croix Taxi & Tours.  I think I'll reach out to BB "just in case". 

I'm sure they've accomodated a lot of cruisers on their tours, but it would be a good idea to make sure they are aware of your schedule.  All-aboard will be at least 1:30.

2 hours ago, MTAK said:

I'm sure they've accomodated a lot of cruisers on their tours, but it would be a good idea to make sure they are aware of your schedule.  All-aboard will be at least 1:30.

Thanks.  They said 30 minutes to cruise port, excursion ends at 1230, so we should be in good shape.  I'll be honest, I'll be nervous until we're back on board.  But Big Beards and the Taxi company both have good reviews.

14 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Thanks.  They said 30 minutes to cruise port, excursion ends at 1230, so we should be in good shape.  I'll be honest, I'll be nervous until we're back on board.  But Big Beards and the Taxi company both have good reviews.

Good luck, let us know how it works out. St. Croix is not an often-visited port so I'm sure there are others who would like to hear more, especially about the Big Beards tour.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 10:29 AM, MTAK said:

This seems to be the most recent post about taxi service:

Thanks for quoting me...hope this helps someone who finds themselves at this port stop.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/14/2022 at 7:43 PM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

@S.A.M.J.R.How was your tour with BIg Beards? We’re also interested in the snorkeling you did on this tour. We’ll be in St. Croix  in Feb and this looks perfect for us. 

Edited by Barwick Cruiser

On 11/12/2022 at 9:51 PM, Barwick Cruiser said:

@S.A.M.J.R.How was your tour with BIg Beards? We’re also interested in the snorkeling you did on this tour. We’ll be in St. Croix  in Feb and this looks perfect for us. 

I ended up cancelling.  A couple weeks before we got on our cruise, they changed the times we were going to be in St. Croix (moved Sail Away to 1p).  Big Beards was willing to change the time of the tour, but it would have meant getting four teenagers up early (we would have had to be off the ship by 7:30).  We elected to cancel.

Sorry.

19 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I ended up cancelling.  A couple weeks before we got on our cruise, they changed the times we were going to be in St. Croix (moved Sail Away to 1p).  Big Beards was willing to change the time of the tour, but it would have meant getting four teenagers up early (we would have had to be off the ship by 7:30).  We elected to cancel.

Sorry.

Thanks for responding and sorry you missed the tour. At least BB was accommodating to the changed port times, that’s positive! Ok, I’ll keep checking and maybe someone else will post with review. Very quiet boards over here.