Weather on pacific coastal in september

Due to covid, i’d like to spend time outside on the ship. There is outside seating on the serenade for windjammer. But i imagine it would be quite cold until the boat gets to san francisco. Is that correct? I’d be going end of september.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 9:02 PM, latebuyer said:

Due to covid, i’d like to spend time outside on the ship. There is outside seating on the serenade for windjammer. But i imagine it would be quite cold until the boat gets to san francisco. Is that correct? I’d be going end of september.

Pretty good assumption and don't count on it being warm in San Francisco either.  

Actually, September is, IIRC, the warmest average month in San Francisco. We tend to get our offshore breezes, and have less fog.

I think the OP asked this on another forum, and my reply was "define quite cold". The repo cruises down the coast tend to be later in the month, into October, and yes, particularly around Washington and Oregon, it can be very cool. As you get into October, San Francisco will cool.

On 7/4/2022 at 4:26 AM, CruiserBruce said:

Actually, September is, IIRC, the warmest average month in San Francisco. We tend to get our offshore breezes, and have less fog.

September average is 71 and June is 67.  Coldest I ever was is a June in San Francisco on the embarcadero.  I take that back September on Glacier Bay Alaska was slightly colder. Overall SF weather is a crap shoot.  When it's clear and sunny there's no prettier place.  If the fog rolls in and you are at the top of the Mark it's still gorgeous.       

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Pack layers so you can bundle up while on deck. The west coast weather has been all over the place the last few months. I was in SF earlier this summer and it was 85, mid July in the low 60s. Oregon had a recent heatwave, where often it is cool. 
Check the forecast a couple of days before leaving home.

I want to thank the people who posted on this thread. I’ve decided to not go on a pacific coastal this year and think i may do just a trip to san francisco on its own. However i’m thinking on going on a cruise that ends in san diego another time so this is useful information.

• 4 weeks later...