Sydney Hotels

On 6/7/2022 at 6:32 AM, NSWP said:

Check out Meriton Apartments, they have a couple of location in CBD, Pitt St one would be best for you.

We are similar,  cruising to NZ in January from Sydney and have booked the Meriton Suites.

29 minutes ago, Eddnar said:

So long story short, we are in Australia and the prices were in US$...so a bit to expensive for us. We have now booked the Meriton Suites which seems a good deal and a short Uber drive.

All Meriton Suites in Sydney CBD are excellent and are located within walking distance to most of Sydney's main attractions.  Recently spent 3 nights at Meriton Kent St and it was the perfect accommodation for my visit and quite reasonably priced.   Good choice. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 10:30 AM, CCC's said:

All Meriton Suites in Sydney CBD are excellent and are located within walking distance to most of Sydney's main attractions.  Recently spent 3 nights at Meriton Kent St and it was the perfect accommodation for my visit and quite reasonably priced.   Good choice. 

We have stayed at the Meriton Apartments before a cruise, however, their pricing has jumped up quite significantly, quoted $900 for 1 night for the 4 of us next end April next year.

1 hour ago, subaru94 said:

We have stayed at the Meriton Apartments before a cruise, however, their pricing has jumped up quite significantly, quoted $900 for 1 night for the 4 of us next end April next year.

OMG. We used to get a studio at Pitt St Meriton for $200, albeit it, 3 or 4 years ago.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

OMG. We used to get a studio at Pitt St Meriton for $200, albeit it, 3 or 4 years ago.

You can still get a studio for $195 per night however, if it is a Saturday night you would pay about $300+ per night.  I am unsure why "subaru94" was quoted $900 for 1 night for 4 persons,  but it might be for their penthouse.  I did a check and last Saturday night in April 2023 for 4 persons in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom was $545.  But if you book a weekday room it is only $365 per night.   So, still reasonably priced. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCC's said:

You can still get a studio for $195 per night however, if it is a Saturday night you would pay about $300+ per night.  I am unsure why "subaru94" was quoted $900 for 1 night for 4 persons,  but it might be for their penthouse.  I did a check and last Saturday night in April 2023 for 4 persons in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom was $545.  But if you book a weekday room it is only $365 per night.   So, still reasonably priced. 

Yes it is a Saturday night as the ship departs next day,  what site did you find the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom and which Mercure was it.  I have found accommodation 2 deluxe apartments at The York by Swiss-Belhotel for $217.00 each apartment.   Its been a while that we have departed Sydney and a bit out of touch.

8 hours ago, subaru94 said:

Yes it is a Saturday night as the ship departs next day,  what site did you find the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom and which Mercure was it.  I have found accommodation 2 deluxe apartments at The York by Swiss-Belhotel for $217.00 each apartment.   Its been a while that we have departed Sydney and a bit out of touch.

I was referring to Meriton Apartments, in particular Kent St apartments.  I spent 3 nights there recently and found it very comfortable,  a few minutes walk to light rail system,  close to CBD as well as Darling Harbour and Chinatown.  They are worth checking out.

1 hour ago, CCC's said:

I was referring to Meriton Apartments, in particular Kent St apartments.  I spent 3 nights there recently and found it very comfortable,  a few minutes walk to light rail system,  close to CBD as well as Darling Harbour and Chinatown.  They are worth checking out.

o.k.  is it close to the Overseas cruise terminal where Coral Princess leaves?

9 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

o.k.  is it close to the Overseas cruise terminal where Coral Princess leaves?

We stay at Meriton Kent St. Light rail out the front on George  st , straight down to Circular Quay. Totally agree, prices very expensive for Saturday night, but great location.

• Like 1

We usually stay at Meriton Campbell Street, close to the Capitol Theatre, China Town and Central Station. It is also right beside George Street for the light rail down to Circular Quay. $225 per night during the week, another $75-100 for Saturday night.