Transatlantic Westbound-Rome to Ft Lauderdale

We are on the Celebrity Edge at end of October from Rome to Ft Lauderdale? We were wondering  what the weather will be like in Rome  Cartagena,,Corsica,  Mallorca, Gibraltar & Bermuda! Will it be like the U.S. Northeastern temperatures and should be pack this way? Thanks!

• Like 1

I have sailed these waters many times, but have no idea what weather is like in US NE, so can't provide a comparison.

Suggest you "Google" the average temp/weather in each of the ports.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, LJJQ said:

We are on the Celebrity Edge at end of October from Rome to Ft Lauderdale? We were wondering  what the weather will be like in Rome  Cartagena,,Corsica,  Mallorca, Gibraltar & Bermuda! Will it be like the U.S. Northeastern temperatures and should be pack this way? Thanks!

Barring any giant hurricane, which the ship is able to avoid most of the time, you should have good sailing weather.  Temps in the Med will be warmer mid 70’s and low 80’s.  Moderate temps in the Southern Atlantic low 70’s then warming from Bermuda on to Ft. Lauderdale…low 80’s.  These are average temps.  All that said you could end up with warmer or cooler but now you at least have an idea of what to expect.  Most Southern Atlantic crossings at that time of year are very enjoyable with smooth sailing and weather and sun good enough to sit outside.  Note the word…MOST.  I’m sure you will hear from someone who ran into clouds and cold weather or a storm but that is very rare.

• Thanks 1

CGTNORMANDIE,

Thank you for your honest opinion ! It gives us a better idea of how to pack ! In late October Most likely the coldest part of the trip will be our drive to JFK Airport!

12 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Barring any giant hurricane, which the ship is able to avoid most of the time, you should have good sailing weather.  Temps in the Med will be warmer mid 70’s and low 80’s.  Moderate temps in the Southern Atlantic low 70’s then warming from Bermuda on to Ft. Lauderdale…low 80’s.  These are average temps.  All that said you could end up with warmer or cooler but now you at least have an idea of what to expect.  Most Southern Atlantic crossings at that time of year are very enjoyable with smooth sailing and weather and sun good enough to sit outside.  Note the word…MOST.  I’m sure you will hear from someone who ran into clouds and cold weather or a storm but that is very rare.

In November  2012 we went though a hurricane in the Med , 15 m waves , people had water come into the cabin on deck 8 on the Equniox, 😁

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

In November  2012 we went though a hurricane in the Med , 15 m waves , people had water come into the cabin on deck 8 on the Equniox, 😁

Let’s hope that the Med storm of 2012 was a rare event.  Most Southern Atlantic  crossings are smooth sailing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 7:12 AM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Let’s hope that the Med storm of 2012 was a rare event.  Most Southern Atlantic  crossings are smooth sailing.  

We were on a TA in Nov 2012 also and experienced those waves. It is called a Medicane. We experienced a much more severe one doing through the Straits of Messina in 2019. The outside decks were closed all day, and the dining room and even the elevators were closed for a while. We survived and it was a cool experience. Others didn't think so...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

We were on a TA in Nov 2012 also and experienced those waves. It is called a Medicane. We experienced a much more severe one doing through the Straits of Messina in 2019. The outside decks were closed all day, and the dining room and even the elevators were closed for a while. We survived and it was a cool experience. Others didn't think so...

Was it on the Equinox between Toulon and Barcelona? 

• 2 months later...

I usually pack long sleeve tops and a nice sweatshirt for the Europe ports. My pictures from most of those ports at that time of year are of me in a long sleeved top. I am taking a bathing suit and cover up for as we get warmer . I take a raincoat because it can be rainy in Europe . 

Here’s hoping that we both have good weather for our trips! Have a great time.