Lunch on boarding day

biggersn

We are taking our first cruise for two and a half years next month. One of the things we loved was boarding in the middle of the day and eating lunch at Windows. Can   passengers now only board in the afternoon due to Covid precautions, thereby necessitating feeding ourselves before boarding?

6 minutes ago, biggersn said:

We are taking our first cruise for two and a half years next month. One of the things we loved was boarding in the middle of the day and eating lunch at Windows. Can   passengers now only board in the afternoon due to Covid precautions, thereby necessitating feeding ourselves before boarding?

We had boarding day snacks in the afternoon in Windows which we really enjoyed. 

5C7F8B1C-A7B3-4E00-B21F-F6EC9693836B.jpeg

• Like 6

You need to plan slightly differently given the afternoon boarding. We opted for a slightly larger later breakfast than our boarding day norm in the past. We then had an “afternoon tea” with the snacks. We dined that evening a little earlier than our usual - 7 as opposed to 7.30

• Like 5

On Onward’s Inaugural, there was a late lunch in the buffet. I’ve also heard that snack items like sandwiches, cookies, and cakes are available most of the afternoon on the first day. I think Azamara recognise that cruise passengers need feeding at least every couple of hours! I’d agree with uktog, though, if you get breakfast included from your pre-cruise hotel, eat hearty.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I’m bumping this thread to ask if the situation is still the same regarding lunch offerings on embarkation day.  

It is as Belfastman stated (embarkation 25 July) 

When we boarded the Pursuit in February of this year in Miami they had "Snack Boxes" - they made a big deal not to call them a boxed lunch for folks waiting in the pier before boarding. It had a ham/cheese croissant, an apple and a cookie. As I recall, there was also food in the in the Windows Cafe once we boarded.  I don't ever recall going hungry on one of Azamara's ships. 

40 minutes ago, betsey said:

When we boarded the Pursuit in February of this year in Miami they had "Snack Boxes" - they made a big deal not to call them a boxed lunch for folks waiting in the pier before boarding. It had a ham/cheese croissant, an apple and a cookie. As I recall, there was also food in the in the Windows Cafe once we boarded.  I don't ever recall going hungry on one of Azamara's ships. 

Same on Quest in February.