Whats with the Oceania roll calls?

oskidunker

On 6/11/2022 at 11:24 PM, LHT28 said:

I have never sailed X  do they offer a free excursion deal? like Oceania does with the O Life ?

What is O life. (We are booked on the Regatta cruise in November from Singapore.) Is it something important we should know about? 

On 6/11/2022 at 6:44 AM, patty1955 said:

My roll call for a Celebrity cruise next May only has 4 people following so it's not just a Oceania issue.

Pardon me asking, but what does 'roll call' actually refer to? Is it a list of people on a cruise? I am finding this totally confusing, and difficult to find my comments to see if there is a reply to my questions. 

11 minutes ago, Peterian said:

Pardon me asking, but what does 'roll call' actually refer to? Is it a list of people on a cruise? I am finding this totally confusing, and difficult to find my comments to see if there is a reply to my questions. 

Go to the main page of this Forum.

You’ll see a big RED placard that refers you to Covid related discussions.

Directly under that placard it says : Oceania Roll Calls. Hit the link!

Input the ship, then the month of sailing.

Cruises will pop up. Select your and follow the discussions.

2 hours ago, Peterian said:

If you turn on Notifications for CC  when a message is posted in the thread you have posted in  it will come up  under the BELL symbol at the top (on a computer)

image.png.45a66d22c130f66be43182a3e39c7d82.png

2 hours ago, Peterian said:

What is O life. (We are booked on the Regatta cruise in November from Singapore.) Is it something important we should know about? 

It may be important 

If you get to choose an option of Excursion/OBC/Beverage package

Is this your cruise? hope the link shows up on the Australian site

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/asia-cruises/singapore-to-sydney-REG221121/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23time_frame%3D2022-11%26ship%3DREG%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

Look at the special offer 

11 hours ago, Peterian said:

I see you've received some answers, but I wondered if they may have missed your question. Apologies if this is too basic ...

A roll call is a discussion group specific to a given cruise, by ship and date. It will normally have people from that cruise participating, who frequently ask and/or address questions about ports, excursions, hotels, flights, etc. - all focused on that trip. Post #55 tells you how to find your particular roll call.

They are a very useful resource when you are not familiar with the itinerary. 🍺🥌

Anyone who is logged in to Cruise Critic can view all Roll Call threads, but you may only post on a Roll Call thread if you are booked on that cruise.

Note that there are also threads for various Ports [e.g. North American Homeports, Ports of Call, and River Cruise Ports].  Questions about activities in a specific port may get more answers in the thread for that port.

14 hours ago, LHT28 said:

It may be important 

If you get to choose an option of Excursion/OBC/Beverage package

Is this your cruise? hope the link shows up on the Australian site

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/asia-cruises/singapore-to-sydney-REG221121/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23time_frame%3D2022-11%26ship%3DREG%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

Look at the special offer 

Oh ok. I have booked eight excursions (4*2) at no cost. So that must come under  this OLife I guess. Thank you. 

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Anyone who is logged in to Cruise Critic can view all Roll Call threads, but you may only post on a Roll Call thread if you are booked on that cruise.

Note that there are also threads for various Ports [e.g. North American Homeports, Ports of Call, and River Cruise Ports].  Questions about activities in a specific port may get more answers in the thread for that port.

We've  had people not on our cruises post comments....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peterian said:

Oh ok. I have booked eight excursions (4*2) at no cost. So that must come under  this OLife I guess. Thank you. 

yes the Free Excursion perk is part of O Life

Enjoy the cruise

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

not correct

Anyone logged in to CC  as a member can post on any roll call

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peterian said:

Hopefully, you liked the ones closer to the $199 cap for allowable O Life tours (that effectively doubles the perk value. And remember that O Life tours count toward the minimum number required on your cruise for YWYW discount on paid tours.

53 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

not correct

I think what Host Jazzbeau is trying to say is Cruise Critic user agreement states only those booked on a particular cruise “should” post to a particular Roll Call.

Joe

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, JoePDX said:

I think what Host Jazzbeau is trying to say is Cruise Critic user agreement states only those booked on a particular cruise “should” post to a particular Roll Call.

Joe

That seems to be observed as faithfully as the O "six bottles of wine" rule.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, JoePDX said:

Joe

Yes  I would  agree   but  sometime people that are NOT on that sailing DO post

I have posted on some roll calls to ask info or give tour guide info

JMO

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Yes  I would  agree   but  sometime people that are NOT on that sailing DO post

I have posted on some roll calls to ask info or give tour guide info

JMO

Totally agree, I have done the same…..

Joe

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

not correct

‘Can’ in the sense that it is physically possible, but it is against the CC rules and your posts may be removed and a GR issued. I verified this with management the first time such a post was Reported and I have seen them removed and I has seen GRs given for repeated offenses. 

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

‘Can’ in the sense that it is physically possible, but it is against the CC rules and your posts may be removed and a GR issued. I verified this with management the first time such a post was Reported and I have seen them removed and I has seen GRs given for repeated offenses. 

I think we had this discussion before, and the Guideline still doesn't exist. How is it right to get a Guideline Reminder(GR) for a guideline that's not posted? 

If I'm missing it please post the link to it. The only reference I can find about being on the cruise is if you are selling merchandise related to that cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:43 PM, pinotlover said:

Go to the main page of this Forum.

You’ll see a big RED placard that refers you to Covid related discussions.

Directly under that placard it says : Oceania Roll Calls. Hit the link!

Input the ship, then the month of sailing.

Cruises will pop up. Select your and follow the discussions.

Thank you