Resilient Lady Sailings: Canceled

PiperHolliday

46 minutes ago, Ryangthelion said:

We had part paid the cruise and we were planning to pay the rest of the balance by the end of the week. By some miracle I had logged in two hours before the cancellation email and paid my half and my partner was going to pay the other half on Friday. I called and got a call back 7 hours later and rebooked for a cruise out of Miami in December, but when I asked about what the website said at the bottom of the page of cancellation FAQ’s; it said that you can ‘pay the entire amount before June 22nd to get the 200% on the total amount’ the agent said the cruise was cancelled and that there wasn’t any remaining balance as the cruise no longer existed. 

I have questions about that part as well. The website clearly says you can pay in full by June 22nd and get 200% on that. I've only paid my deposit so far (was booked for the November transatlantic and full payment was due in July). I'm trying to figure out if I can pay somewhere in between the full payment and what I already have down for my deposit. 

I want to rebook for the Valiant transatlantic next fall, but I've calculated the best way to get to that fare with partial payment on my current booking... It kind of feels like cheating to make additional payment now just so they'll double it, but it seems like they are allowing that?

27 minutes ago, periodic itinerant said:

I have questions about that part as well. The website clearly says you can pay in full by June 22nd and get 200% on that. I've only paid my deposit so far (was booked for the November transatlantic and full payment was due in July). I'm trying to figure out if I can pay somewhere in between the full payment and what I already have down for my deposit. 

I want to rebook for the Valiant transatlantic next fall, but I've calculated the best way to get to that fare with partial payment on my current booking... It kind of feels like cheating to make additional payment now just so they'll double it, but it seems like they are allowing that?

I logged into my Virgin Voyages account through their website and it showed my canceled Dec cruise in my itinerary. I had the option to pay in full or pay what ever amount I wanted up to full. I paid in full today. 

23 minutes ago, westguy99 said:

I logged into my Virgin Voyages account through their website and it showed my canceled Dec cruise in my itinerary. I had the option to pay in full or pay what ever amount I wanted up to full. I paid in full today. 

Yes, it definitely seems possible when I log into my account. I read elsewhere on social media that you can also convert unused Future Voyage Credit into Sailor Loot, but I haven't seen that anywhere official. If I pay my current one in full, I'll have lots leftover with 200% FVC. But if I can use that for excursions, spa, booze, etc. it gives me even more incentive for me to pay in full now. They get the benefit of having my money for another year and know I'll spend with them eventually.

9 hours ago, periodic itinerant said:

I agree, I thought it was quite cheeky, but after realizing how much we are out of pocket to switch from San Juan to Miami with flights and hotels etc, I am going to call today and ask again. About 2 hours after i got the cancellation email the voyage disappeared from my account online, so i didn’t have a way to pay the balance online and on the phone he said he couldn’t do it. But the website clearly says you can?

8 hours ago, periodic itinerant said:

Yes, it definitely seems possible when I log into my account. I read elsewhere on social media that you can also convert unused Future Voyage Credit into Sailor Loot, but I haven't seen that anywhere official. If I pay my current one in full, I'll have lots leftover with 200% FVC. But if I can use that for excursions, spa, booze, etc. it gives me even more incentive for me to pay in full now. They get the benefit of having my money for another year and know I'll spend with them eventually.

We were also cruising in December, but our cancelled voyage disappeared about 2 hours after email was sent 😞

We opted for the refund. Hopefully, it won’t take them that long but we paid in full in April to take advantage of the 20% discount. Would have taken the FCC if it wasn’t limited by a year (already have plans made for next year. 

9 hours ago, periodic itinerant said:

As I understand it (and things could have changed), the option to use FVC for Sailor Loot no longer exists.  However, you can use it for shore excursion if you have some left over.  

2 hours ago, gskimmel said:

We opted for the refund. Hopefully, it won’t take them that long but we paid in full in April to take advantage of the 20% discount. Would have taken the FCC if it wasn’t limited by a year (already have plans made for next year. 

Just to be clear about the year, you have to make the booking and apply the FCC to a voyage within 1 year from your original voyage sail date but you do not need to book a ship that actually sails by that date.  I asked specifically about this because our cruise booking next year sails 3 days after the one we had this year.  

1 hour ago, ociana said:

Just to be clear about the year, you have to make the booking and apply the FCC to a voyage within 1 year from your original voyage sail date but you do not need to book a ship that actually sails by that date.  I asked specifically about this because our cruise booking next year sails 3 days after the one we had this year.  

I couldn’t get anyone on the phone and went by what was in the fine print. A $16k FCC would have been a lot anyway. Changed our Virgin to a river cruise since we already had plane tickets. Hopefully they will process the refund soon. But I think we also get a 25% FCC. So if I am able to apply that to a future cruise beyond a year, that would be nice. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gskimmel said:

I couldn’t get anyone on the phone and went by what was in the fine print. A $16k FCC would have been a lot anyway. Changed our Virgin to a river cruise since we already had plane tickets. Hopefully they will process the refund soon. But I think we also get a 25% FCC. So if I am able to apply that to a future cruise beyond a year, that would be nice. 

Ah yes, that makes sense for you.  For us, we had a B2B that we applied sea blazer and FCC credits from our 2021 sailing of $600 per cruise and booked a sea terrace XL so our FCC between both cruises is just over $8k total.  That will cover both of our 2023 bookings' remaining balances and leave enough to both book cabins on the same cruise in December that reuses those credits and allows us to take our adult children along...plus the freebies that we are going to use on Valiant for a similar B2B transatlantic.  Overall, the cancellation works out benefitting us financially but takes away some ports we really wanted to check out and adds another round of coordinating logistics for me.  

Anyone try adding a sailor loot referral code when they do their rebookings?  Technically I think that should work but am curious if anyone has confirmed success with it.  

On 6/8/2022 at 8:54 PM, MissRobbieLynn said:

We have a cruise already booked this October 2022 on Scarlet Lady. If we take the 200% FVC from the 2023 Resilient Lady cancellation, can I apply it to the 2022 Scarlet Lady cruise? Or is that FVC applicable only to new bookings?

Ahoy Robbie, yes, you are able to do this. You would need to contact us to request a cancellation and refund before applying the FVC towards your sailing. Please note, we have an extremely high call volume at the moment with extended wait times. 

On 6/8/2022 at 9:41 PM, elynbeth said:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm not sure I understand how the future voyage credit works. Do I have to use it all on one cruise and one stateroom or can I save it for later? Can I buy a second stateroom on the same sailing with it? Use it as on-board credit? I can't find much info about how it works other than how much you get. Not much I can find on redemption. I'm trying to figure out if we can use this 200% to treat some friends of ours to a free cruise.

Ahoy elynbeth, our Discount FVC can only be applied towards your voyage fare. While the rest of your FVC can be applied towards any charges except for Bar Tab and Voyage Protection. Our Sailor Services Crew will be able to let you know how much of each FVC you have in your Sailor account.

On 6/9/2022 at 12:24 AM, EvilCocoBean said:

Does anyone know:

(1) if we bought travel insurance, do we get that back?

(2) if we got JLo "Booty" on board credit, will that transfer to a new cruise we book?

Ahoy evilcocobean, yes, Voyage Protection will be refunded for impacted bookings. And, yes, we will also be honoring your JLo Sailor Loot (aka onboard credit). 

You can also submit a request for your preferred offer by following this link: https://virg.in/ocYe

Edited by Virgin Voyages

14 hours ago, periodic itinerant said:

Ahoy periodic itinerant, our Discount FVC can only be applied towards your voyage fare. While the rest of your FVC can be applied towards any charges except for Bar Tab and Voyage Protection. Our Sailor Services Crew will be able to let you know how much of each FVC you have in your Sailor account.

Hey Virgin Voyages,

I understand your phone line is busy so I have been trying to set up cruise through link below but after 24 hours it appears to still have been stuck with a spinning circle. I tried again and same thing. I need to book a cruise coming up soon so what do you recommend? Also how does it work with the cruise you choose. It only asks you which cruise with no cabin category information. 

https://vvprod.secure.force.com/rebookNreimbursement?_ga=2.118617226.2035671124.1654873457-258121184.1648652359&_gl=1*1uveq6w*_ga*MjU4MTIxMTg0LjE2NDg2NTIzNTk.*_gid*MjAzNTY3MTEyNC4xNjU0ODczNDU3*_fplc*ODRoT0slMkI4Y0RLWmJsUVJlZ1pDa3VYd25sTm9KJTJCZEwlMkZUdkJ4

1. To be clear - if you take the refund, you must book and sail with your FCC within a year of your original voyage. BUT if you take the 200% FVC, that can be used on ANY voyage(s) at ANY time - you do not have to apply it to a voyage sailing within 1 year. You just have to BOOK your voyage within 1 year of getting the credit. (Example: your cancelled cruise was sailing Sept 2022 & you elect 200% FVC, you have until Sept 2023 to book a cruise (and that cruise can be sailing on any future date.) So in theory, if you wait 1 year from the time of the credit being issued, 2024 cruises will be published before your FVC credit expires and you could use it for those.

• Thanks 1

2. They will convert your excess FVC into sailor loot, which can be used for drinks. You just can't convert it to Bar tab, but you can use it for drinks via charging it your room and using your sailor loot to pay the room charges.

3. The "Access key" for the "free cruise" you get if you use any portion of your FVC on a 2022 cruise will be emailed sometime in June. Meaning, even after you elect your option (refund or 200% FVC) and you book a cruise in 2022, you do not automatically get the "access key" to book the free room. They are sending those in mass to qualified people later this month.

Edited by EvilCocoBean
2022 instead of 2023

18 hours ago, EvilCocoBean said:

2. They will convert your excess FVC into sailor loot, which can be used for drinks. You just can't convert it to Bar tab, but you can use it for drinks via charging it your room and using your sailor loot to pay the room charges.

According to the FAQs on VV website, the FVC cannot be turned into sailor loot.  I think you could do that at one point, but it got changed somewhere along the way.  

"Future Voyage Credits are only applicable for future voyages booked and sailed within a year of the original voyage date and are issued on a per Sailor basis. They cannot be transferred to other Sailors or redeemed as onboard credit."

On 6/10/2022 at 10:59 AM, Virgin Voyages said:

Ahoy elynbeth, our Discount FVC can only be applied towards your voyage fare. While the rest of your FVC can be applied towards any charges except for Bar Tab and Voyage Protection. Our Sailor Services Crew will be able to let you know how much of each FVC you have in your Sailor account.

I have already had my cruise rebooked by filling out the form provided. However, I haven't received any information on remaining Future Voyage Credit or how it breaks down. I would hope that if half the credit I received was "discount" and half I received was "regular" FVC that the discount portion would be used first. The new cruise I booked was a bit more expensive than the cruise that was cancelled. So, is it fair to assume that any remaining FVC I have is not "discount" and can be used for on-board credit/sailor loot?

Also, were taxes and whatnot refunded directly to credit cards? 

Edited by elynbeth
forgot something

Our rebooking is done, and we decided to shake things up a bit! I tried calling Thursday but after 30 minutes decided to just e-mail sailor services. We got a reply earlier today and are all set.

We had already paid for our 11 day transatlantic in a Posh Suite. We hadn't paid for airfare yet, and 1 way Boston (home) to San Juan, then 1 way Lisbon back to Boston was going to be pricey. Rather than do another transatlantic, I saw that we could do the 8 day Eastern Antilles on Valiant Lady and for about $1000 more than we paid get the Massive Suite(!!!) after our 200% credit. When we got our e-mail response today they'd made that change for us and we're all set.

So, yeah we're reducing an 11 day to an 8 day, but we are upgrading from Posh Suite to Massive Suite. We've never been to St. Croix or Virgin's part of Bimini so it'll still have some novelty for us. Never thought we'd be able to actually voyage in a Massive Suite so this is an unexpected way to get to do it.

Edited by karmamule
  • Like 2

On 6/12/2022 at 9:50 PM, On Lido Deck said:

Why did they send a pdf that included 2023 cruises, if we can only use the Access key for 2022 voyages?  It is very misleading.

Ahoy On Lido Deck, the impacted Resilient Lady bookings are for itineraries from August 2022 through early May 2023. We provided the PDF so Sailors could have an idea of other itineraries that are available during the time frame of their booking that might've been cancelled. This way they can use their Future Voyage Credit (FVC) to rebook on similar dates if they prefer. 

The lack of customer service since the resilient lady cancellations has been terrible.

A company trying to target young people should not be uncontactable online, their live chat doesn’t work and no one answers on social media. 

My cruise was rebooked to my chosen itinerary but i got no 200% FVC even though i am eligible, but trying to get hold of them since then to discuss has been impossible.

This episode could be a dealbreaker now to be honest when deciding who to sail with in the future.

10 hours ago, jamesv2811 said:

The lack of customer service since the resilient lady cancellations has been terrible.

A company trying to target young people should not be uncontactable online, their live chat doesn’t work and no one answers on social media. 

My cruise was rebooked to my chosen itinerary but i got no 200% FVC even though i am eligible, but trying to get hold of them since then to discuss has been impossible.

This episode could be a dealbreaker now to be honest when deciding who to sail with in the future.

Ahoy jamesv2811, could you let us know what platform your DM'd us on and what your username is? We'll look into this for you.