Resilient Lady Sailings: Canceled

PiperHolliday

I am still waiting for my refund as well. It seems like their priority is keeping the money in-house and getting people re-booked. Not a good look for them if they want customers who cannot switch their dates around and keeping their money unnecessarily tied up to prevent them using other options. If there was a desire to try them, that would be fading with each passing day they hold the money.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 3:55 PM, CruisinMaterial said:

I am still waiting for my refund as well. It seems like their priority is keeping the money in-house and getting people re-booked. Not a good look for them if they want customers who cannot switch their dates around and keeping their money unnecessarily tied up to prevent them using other options. If there was a desire to try them, that would be fading with each passing day they hold the money.

I quickly booked an alternate TA (on a different cruise line)  to replace the canceled one, and final payment date is quickly approaching for the new cruise, so I'm going to be really upset if I don't have my refund (I had paid in full upon booking) before that date. <sigh>

Virgin did do some refunds this morning. I received a partial refund but no rhyme or reason as to why it wasn't a full refund. My friend's refund made even less sense as she received just over $100 USD back. I received MOST of mine back but it appears the commission which was paid to the TA was withheld from my refund as mine is the exact percentage it was during that promotional time period. My friend's situation is far more perplexing. I have zero clue how they arrived at that amount for her.

I haven't received a thing, and I've every intention of calling them out on social until I receive each and every cent. 

This is the third cruise they've cancelled on me, and I harbor no bad feelings about that, things happen. 

I do however have a problem with not receiving my money back in a timely fashion. 

The next step for me is contacting news outlets.

• Like 1

I was assured when I reached out to a telephone representative that they had refunded the rest as of yesterday and that it would take up to 10 days to reach my credit card. When she gave me the date of the original disbursement and when it hit, that would make sense. I just don't understand too well why it was split up as it was paid in a lump sum. If they make me whole, I would be definite to try them out again when they come up with itineraries like the one the Resilient Lady was doing. I've done Ibiza before so that wasn't really a great alternative.

• Like 1

I checked my credit card today and I also had an odd amount refunded, and it's about 15% of the total cost, so I'm still waiting on the rest. I had booked directly, not through a TA so that doesn't explain anything. I'll give it a couple more days and see if I get refunded before I nag them further.

I also submitted a claim for non-refundable airline tickets (a cheap flight from CDG-LIS). The expensive international ticket was bought on points so I had no losses there. Hopefully I'll get that refunded as well.

I was going to take the 200% FCC.......until I discovered that Virgin waited until AFTER they had canceled my March 2023 sailing to charge my credit card for the initial booking deposit. More than 30 days after they were supposed to charge me. I feel this is a total slimeball move and have lost all trust in them. Because of this I am now requesting a full refund. They say 5-7 days but after reading posts here that seems unlikely. I am anticipating having to take further action with my credit card company. Bravo, Virgin. Way to get off on the wrong foot with a new customer.

Anyone have any luck getting a refund on travel expenses such as airfare due to the canceled cruises? They are offering up to $500 US per person. The webpage where I have submitted mine still does not seem to work (spinning wheel forever after submitting). Anyone get something accepted or get money back? If so how did you do it and was a booking receipt enough? 

19 hours ago, westguy99 said:

Anyone have any luck getting a refund on travel expenses such as airfare due to the canceled cruises? They are offering up to $500 US per person. The webpage where I have submitted mine still does not seem to work (spinning wheel forever after submitting). Anyone get something accepted or get money back? If so how did you do it and was a booking receipt enough? 

They require proof of booking, and proof of cancellation and proof of amount of refund (if any).  It's not as easy as I thought.  I used a company called MyTrip to book our flights and am not getting any communications with them about cancelling

16 minutes ago, kendid said:

They require proof of booking, and proof of cancellation and proof of amount of refund (if any).  It's not as easy as I thought.  I used a company called MyTrip to book our flights and am not getting any communications with them about cancelling

I'm sorry you're going through that. I always advise people to avoid third party flight booking companies. MyTrip in particular is extremely bad and often will not respond to customers requesting refunds. In the event that you actually do get customer service to handle your request, they charge $24 per booking to even provide you with service and then $71 per person to request the refund from the airline. And you still pay that fee even if the airline won't give a refund. Just for future reference for everyone, this is all in their terms and conditions, which we all really need to be reading before we give anyone money. And always check reviews on sites like TrustPilot. I always find that booking directly with the airline is best or a trusted travel agent (not a mass online agency). The prices aren't going to be very different and often it's cheapest right from the airline. 

If you purchased travel insurance, talk to them about the situation. Or at this point, since MyTrips won't even respond, take it up with your credit card company. 

I checked my Virgin account today and had a credit on my dashboard.

We had originally paid $1868 towards our sailing.

The credit on my Virgin account is for $1767.02.

Not 2x like promised or even 1x what we paid.

Weird.

James

On 7/5/2022 at 9:40 AM, Jmillsarch said:

Weird.

James

Similar thing here. The FVC i now see in my account is close to 100% of what we initially paid, but it was broken into two credits of 50% each. I also got a refund of just under $200 on my CC.

When i emailed customer service, their reply was that the 200% credit was split across the two sailors in the cabin. That is the same thing that happened when our July 2020 cruise was cancelled: we ended up with 2 credits: one in my name, one in my wife's. Her credit never appeared in my account because it apparently doesn't connect them unless you have a voyage booked? They "connected the accounts" when we booked a cruise earlier this year, and got both credit amounts.

I (or my wife) will likely call them at some point when they may be less busy and verify that this is the case again. Seems like an odd way to store the data, especially since she we only have the one account to log in with. Her "account" is just her sailor info that was added when i booked.

Edited by snarfbeast
typo

On 7/5/2022 at 12:40 PM, Jmillsarch said:

Weird.

James

I logged into my wife's Virgin account and she has the remaining credit.

Her account has $1968.98 and mine has $1767.02.

This is the correct 2x total of $3736.

Everything is correct, but wow that's a weird way to do it.

James

• Like 1

All of the cruise lines are taking a while to completely process refunds.  We cancelled a Royal Caribbean cruise in December.  We got the cruise fare as a FCC in about two months and some of the pre-purchased items were refunded quickly, but the port fees and taxes took 5 months and there are still 2 items we pre-purchased that have still not been refunded (that will involve yet another call as soon as I am able).  14 days is nothing about now.  Yes, all lines should be quicker.  Patience is the word.  

• Like 1

It has been 4 weeks now since the error of the agent charging us incorrectly (not getting the 200%) and paying the fare difference to be rebooked. So we are still owed $3200 and when we call they say ‘the refund is authorized and processing’ how many more times do we need to call/ email before we actually get the money? The amount is about to come off our credit card statement tomorrow which means that even when we are refunded we are out of pocket the $3200 as the credit card company don’t give you cash back and use it as a ‘credit for future purchases’.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this refund back ASAP?

I'm still waiting for them to locate my missing $1700+.  Worst accounting system ever.  Their documentation shows that I paid in full $8k for a cruise but they are only saying they can only locate $6300.  Two weeks later and I still haven't heard anything back.

22 hours ago, rebeccac said:

All of the cruise lines are taking a while to completely process refunds.  We cancelled a Royal Caribbean cruise in December.  We got the cruise fare as a FCC in about two months and some of the pre-purchased items were refunded quickly, but the port fees and taxes took 5 months and there are still 2 items we pre-purchased that have still not been refunded (that will involve yet another call as soon as I am able).  14 days is nothing about now.  Yes, all lines should be quicker.  Patience is the word.  

Well, they canceled my cruise, not me. They promised "5-7 days", not my made up window. Bottom line. They are not honoring the timeline they proposed. 

Oh, by the way, they also waited until AFTER canceling my sailing to run my credit card charge. It was supposed to be run a month earlier. I'll bite my tongue as to what that amounts to.

Edited by Island Dog
Spell check error

18 hours ago, Ryangthelion said:

It has been 4 weeks now since the error of the agent charging us incorrectly (not getting the 200%) and paying the fare difference to be rebooked. So we are still owed $3200 and when we call they say ‘the refund is authorized and processing’ how many more times do we need to call/ email before we actually get the money? The amount is about to come off our credit card statement tomorrow which means that even when we are refunded we are out of pocket the $3200 as the credit card company don’t give you cash back and use it as a ‘credit for future purchases’.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this refund back ASAP?

You can dispute the charge with your credit card before you are on the hook for payment. Most credit cards will issue you a conditional credit for the amount you are disputing.

5 hours ago, HolsAddict said:

Can anyone tell me if the access key only valid on 2022 cruises? If that's the case I won't be able to benefit from ut as already have rebooked on the Valiant in October. 

I have just received my access key (via email) and it clearly states Access Keys are valid for new 2022 bookings on board Scarlet Lady or Valiant Lady in a Sea Terrace cabin only

So, yes I guess thats correct - I'm sure I have read somewhere that you can pass it onto someone else??

We elected the refund option and received our deposit of $216.00 back on June 28.  Yesterday I received an email from Virgin reminding me, that because we took the 200% FVC option (we didn't), to book a 2022 sailing by July 31 in order to receive an Access Key.

So I log into my account this morning and we have FVC of $300 x 2 plus a third credit of $27, so $627 total FVC to use by October 2023. Apparently the $300 x 2 might be the 'My Next Virgin Voyage Program' as a result of booking prior to November 12, 2021 (I was not aware of that program), and I have no idea what the $27 is from.