Lose with Diabetes

Any diabetics struggling to lose weight before your cruise?

I'm an avid water aerobics person.   It really helped me stay in healthy shape because I detest gyms and land walking.   COVID kicked my ass shutting all our pools down and my 6 hr/day sitting job = major weight gain.

I now have a hip problem that is slowly getting better but walking is so hard.  I started water walking every other day and just resumed some beginner water aerobics classes.

My hubby and I just booked a cruise to Spain (with lots of walking) for May 2023.  In the past, I loved Walking Tours, now I'm worried

Really looking for support from fellow diabetics to drop major pounds and get my walking self back in shape!

Love cruising welcome . Join the weekly datedhread  thread. We weigh on thursdays. 

I started seriously eating better 2 years ago.  Had a health scare (which was nothing). Normal lab draws found my A1C to be 9.8.  Since diabetes can affect all body systems if out of control I got serious.  Declared I’m addicted to sweets.  Refused meds,  controlled by calorie intake in a month my A1C was 7.2.  Within 3 month was 5.   Lost 100lbs.

I don’t like gyms. Walking is my only exercise. Walk 3-5 daily - which my dog loves. 

@Lovincruisin1321 I am also struggling with a weird problem. I can walk but cannot stand for more than a few minutes w/o intense shooting leg pain. PT helps. I like your idea of walking in water. 

In 2007 I was 20% (yes % not pounds) heavier. I still have a way to go but have dropped all but 1/2 statin dose. So kudos for you taking control of your health. 

Join us on the weekly thread like @Izena posted.  IMHO it's all about getting healthy so I can cruise better (less weight = less meds = less stress on knees)

Edited by Ombud

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@Lovincruisin1321 I am also struggling with a weird problem. I can walk but cannot stand for more than a few minutes w/o intense shooting leg pain. PT helps. I like your idea of walking in water. 

In 2007 I was 20% (yes % not pounds) heavier. I still have a way to go but have dropped all but 1/2 statin dose. So kudos for you taking control of your health. 

Join us on the weekly thread like @Izena posted.  IMHO it's all about getting healthy so I can cruise better (less weight = less meds = less stress on knees)

Thank you.  I will.

Yes, join us on our Thursday weigh-in. Keeps you accountable to weigh

each Thursday. Helps keep track of how you're eating and exercising.

We're all here to lose weight to be healthier and course to look better but

mainly to be healthier. Everyone does their own diet which helps them to lose.

Thursday is weigh -in day, I write something to get us started, if I'm gone someone

will start it, so every week we have a place to say----I lost, I stayed the same or I gained.